If Bumblefoot joined just weeks before there n.y. shows

axltheman2003

Just a question why would axl lie about the fact that bumble only joined the band about a week or two ago??

Its an interesting point, they've definatly been auditioning guitarist's since the start of the year for this tour so who knows. They obviously had a few people who where up for doing it, then booked the shows, then maybe did some more auditions before finally settling on Ron :D

maybe they had a couple people playing for awhile and they did like a elimanation thing down to bumblefoot. its prob gonna b the next realaity show :rofl-lol:

I can picture it now...apprentice style

Axl - "Get the fuck outta my office!"

:rofl-lol:

I think the one-week story's true...but just because he was only hired a week before doesn't mean he didn't know the material. I think back to Metallica's "Some Kind of Monster" documentary where it showed them auditioning for a new bassist, and they picket Robert based on the fact that "he was the only one who looked like he wasn't struggling with the material". Ie, the dude already was familiar with the songs they had him play.

I'd say there's a very good chance Ron had learned most of GNR's catalog when he auditioned in the first place.

Edited by teknophyle83

:rofl-lol:

I think the one-week story's true...but just because he was only hired a week before doesn't mean he didn't know the material. I think back to Metallica's "Some Kind of Monster" documentary where it showed them auditioning for a new bassist, and they picket Robert based on the fact that "he was the only one who looked like he wasn't struggling with the material". Ie, the dude already was familiar with the songs they had him play.

I'd say there's a very good chance Ron had learned most of GNR's catalog when he auditioned in the first place.

i'd take it a step further and say he knew most of gnrs songs WAY before he auditioned. slash is one of his heroes. however, playing songs with a cd and with a band is a world of difference.

i don't think ron took it that seriously until he got the call a couple weeks ago. i mean, whether to believe axl or not is kind of a crackshoot.

Just a question why would axl lie about the fact that bumble only joined the band about a week or two ago??

Its an interesting point, they've definatly been auditioning guitarist's since the start of the year for this tour so who knows. They obviously had a few people who where up for doing it, then booked the shows, then maybe did some more auditions before finally settling on Ron :D

I think I read a post of someone in this forum that knows Bumblefoot and he said he actually joined 2 weeks before NY shows!

So there must have been something we don't know...

Well with Axl ruling everything is possible so ... I guess SLASH was the man because he would have been the right choice but ... who knows?

Maybe we'll discover it in London on June 7th?

It is named a warm up show but it's in the middle of the tour... weird isn't it?