Glasgow, Scotland - 21st of July 2006

W. Axl Kev

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my ticket yesterday morning as did 2 of my friends! The rest are getting them tomorrow - This is gonna fuckin' rock!

I actually think the show is gonna sell out, might take a few days, even weeks but it will!

Glasgow was actually sold out during the presale! I wasn't able to get any tickets last night, or first thing this morning at 9am! So annoying, as I could have easily bought them earlier. Had to pay a bit extra for tickets on eBay instead :/ Oh well at least I'm going. Dublin & Glasgow now, can't wait!

The presale is quite a good idea, but it's fucking ridiculous that a gig can already be sold out before that actual advertised ticket release date! While a presale is supposed to help the real fans get tickets, it's actually extremely easy for the scalpers to purchase their tickets on the presales. So a presale is actually just helping the scalpers easily grab a shit load of tickets before the majority of people get a chance to buy tickets :fuckyou:

I got my ticket yesterday morning as did 2 of my friends! The rest are getting them tomorrow - This is gonna fuckin' rock!

I actually think the show is gonna sell out, might take a few days, even weeks but it will!

Glasgow was actually sold out during the presale! I wasn't able to get any tickets last night, or first thing this morning at 9am! So annoying, as I could have easily bought them earlier. Had to pay a bit extra for tickets on eBay instead :/ Oh well at least I'm going. Dublin & Glasgow now, can't wait!

The presale is quite a good idea, but it's fucking ridiculous that a gig can already be sold out before that actual advertised ticket release date! While a presale is supposed to help the real fans get tickets, it's actually extremely easy for the scalpers to purchase their tickets on the presales. So a presale is actually just helping the scalpers easily grab a shit load of tickets before the majority of people get a chance to buy tickets :fuckyou:

Dude... the full gig wasn't sold out in Presale... there were only a certain amount of tix allocated to the presale and they sold out.... I managed to get my tix this morning no bother at all... it was just bad luck rather than poor organising or "allowing it to sell before the official date" Anyway... glad you got tix and have a good time... I know I will :D

Actually if you go to www.secctickets.com, you'll find that the availability is still 'Good'. You could have got tickets there. Ticketmaster have sold out their allocation but you can get them through that website and the venue.

I phoned earlier and they told me it is limited for seating and still good for standing. Gutted eh ;)

Actually if you go to www.secctickets.com, you'll find that the availability is still 'Good'. You could have got tickets there. Ticketmaster have sold out their allocation but you can get them through that website and the venue.

I phoned earlier and they told me it is limited for seating and still good for standing. Gutted eh ;)

Would be cool to see you there bro!

• 4 weeks later...

Seeing as those pesky "Boon-Brothers" demolished the forum and we've lost a heap of posts, I'm bumping this thread with info I can remember from before the wankers decided to play silly fucks!

A group of peeps are meeting at Waxy O'Connors (just off George Square and next to Queen Street Station) before the concert - so feel free to pop in and join the festivities!

Everyone that ordered their tickets via the Box Office or secctickets.com should now have them - or they should be on the way at least! Mine (and a few other pepps' arrived last week)!

According to the Box Office, tickets are now limited to single seats on the upper tiers - and these are few and far between!

Hope this helps, guys! :)

PS: Love the sig, kevdo! I'm off to London this weekend to see Roger Waters doing Dark Side of the Moon! Should be a good 'un!

Eeeeek...my post count has gone back to just one! *sobs* :(

Edited by frobscottle

My tickets arrived last thursday. me a mate and my bro are comin down fae inverness, so may pop into waxys. dont know my way round glasgow but was thinkin of headin to the solid rock beforehand.

anyway, no matter where we go its still gonna be the best hight o ma fuckin life!!!

My tickets arrived last thursday. me a mate and my bro are comin down fae inverness, so may pop into waxys. dont know my way round glasgow but was thinkin of headin to the solid rock beforehand.

anyway, no matter where we go its still gonna be the best hight o ma fuckin life!!!

Think ticketmaster will be their usual inefficient selfs in getting their's out!

The only bad thing of pre-sales is that you generally have to go through them! Hope they're here soon!

Think ticketmaster will be their usual inefficient selfs in getting their's out!

The only bad thing of pre-sales is that you generally have to go through them! Hope they're here soon!

Ticketmaster are shit! I hate having to use them - and only will if I really HAVE to!

I got my tickets for this weekend's Calling Festival via them - and they only arrived this morning! They were supposed to have been here over a week ago!

AND it pisses me off that it's almost a fiver booking fee and postage PER TICKET...then they send the bloody things by normal post!!!

Got mine off of Ticketmaster. Hope they arrive soon...

I got mine off ticketmaster too mate. I think they'll be coming soon because the message on the order history that says they are being printed and will be dispatched shortly has disappeared.