Glasgow, Scotland - 21st of July 2006

W. Axl Kev

a question for you guys- whats the best equipment for recording audio? also is anyone gonna video the concert? if i had been in the seating area instead of standing i'd have tried to get my camcorder in.

any suggestions?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a question for you guys- whats the best equipment for recording audio? also is anyone gonna video the concert? if i had been in the seating area instead of standing i'd have tried to get my camcorder in.

any suggestions?

I've been to the SECC many times - and they are real sticklers for recording euipment being confiscated! GRRR! :(

i had a digital camera at the secc for the twisted sister and alice cooper concert and i had no problems.

i'm chancing taking mine.

How big was the camera?

I'd love to take mine - but it's a big 'un (Canon EOS 350D)! I wouldn't be best pleased if it did get confiscated and summit happened to it! :angry:

That said, I'd love to get some decent pics...which I would undoubtedly get with my Canon!

Hmmm....decisions, decisions.... :unsure:

I got my ticket on friday. It's a lot cooler than the Hammersmith ticket. It's a pity Axl has chosen shitty support bands for the tour. Bullet For My Valentine :(

Anyway me and ma pals are goin' to Glasgow about 2ish or somethin' and gettin' plastered before we go to the show. Gonna be fuckin' ace! rock1

Oh aye and I'm goin' carryin' a big fuck off Scotland flag that says 'The Tartan Army' on it! :D

I got my ticket on friday. It's a lot cooler than the Hammersmith ticket. It's a pity Axl has chosen shitty support bands for the tour. Bullet For My Valentine :(

Anyway me and ma pals are goin' to Glasgow about 2ish or somethin' and gettin' plastered before we go to the show. Gonna be fuckin' ace! rock1

Oh aye and I'm goin' carryin' a big fuck off Scotland flag that says 'The Tartan Army' on it! :D

keep that fucking flag away from me cause i dont want my view blocked :rofl-lol: and i better not get stuck behind some 8ft tall bushy hair`d bastard either or some stinky cunt :rofl-lol:

I'm gonna be in Waxy O'Connors as far as i know in the afternoon (i think someone pointed this out for me) with some other people. anyone that wants to come along and join in feel free, should be a cool day..

Atm it i sold out, but tix keep on becoming available on secctickets.com

Other problem is that if you look at ebay, theres a LOT of tickets up for auction. God I hate touts!

But at least from a GN'R point its a sell out. <coughs> play longer set rock1

ive never been to any big concert before so i dont have a clue what to do when im there! :xmassrudolph:

what time would i need to be there roughly to get at the front? lol im quite small and would hate to not see :) also if you got like a camera or phone confiscated would you get it back at the end or what? im dying to take a couple pictures or something so i can share stuff with friends! and anything else that you think i should know??

thanks ;)

ive never been to any big concert before so i dont have a clue what to do when im there! :xmassrudolph:

what time would i need to be there roughly to get at the front? lol im quite small and would hate to not see :) also if you got like a camera or phone confiscated would you get it back at the end or what? im dying to take a couple pictures or something so i can share stuff with friends! and anything else that you think i should know??

thanks ;)

First off the main thing to do is party, second camera's may not be returned because of the volume of confiscations so you can't garauntee it, best bet is to take a cheap shitty one just incase.For Appollo people were queuing from 12am but i was standing and arrived pissed at about 4ish and got to the front, brute strength is a gift but as you say your smaller so you may want to think about getting there early.

I will be taking a camera phone and if anybody is up for it i will send pics by text for them to upload to mygnr

Do we here from north of the border think that this gig will be super special or just another gig on the uk tour? I mean GnR's first gig in scotland! I think we should all make an extra special effort to jump around and sing and cheer as loud as our lungs permit us just to show Axl that Scotland means business!

Do we here from north of the border think that this gig will be super special or just another gig on the uk tour? I mean GnR's first gig in scotland! I think we should all make an extra special effort to jump around and sing and cheer as loud as our lungs permit us just to show Axl that Scotland means business!

Mr Bailey is part Scottish aint he, i have a feeling it will be special, jocks can rock rock3

Too bloody right!

Now, if we could just get Axl to wear one of those rather lovely kilts from the UYI tours.....

*droooooooooooooool!* :P

I canny wait for this likes! Me and my pals are goin' through at 2ish and we've decided we ain't getting a minibus back until like 3 so we can go out after! rock1

What do you guys want to hear live? I've already seen 'Madagascar', 'Better', 'The Blues' and 'IRS' live but I really wanna hear 'Chinese Democracy'! If the gig means a lot to the band they might honour us with 'There Was A Time!'