Glasgow, Scotland - 21st of July 2006

W. Axl Kev

Dude... did your mother have to come pick you up? don't take this offensively or anything but my mum was up waiting for me and my friends and she got asked if she was the mother of some kid who'd come down all the way from aberdeen... just noticed you were from the Granite city and thought i'd ask

emm, im not exactly sure what you mean. are you wondering if i had to be picked up early cause i was injured or something?

if thats what u mean, nah i was there till the end! :P

who asked your mum? someone that worked in the SECC?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude... did your mother have to come pick you up? don't take this offensively or anything but my mum was up waiting for me and my friends and she got asked if she was the mother of some kid who'd come down all the way from aberdeen... just noticed you were from the Granite city and thought i'd ask

emm, im not exactly sure what you mean. are you wondering if i had to be picked up early cause i was injured or something?

Nah....I'm wondering if your mum came to take you back to aberdeen at the end of the gig...cos my mum got mistaken by the staff of the Crown plaza hotel for the mother of some kid who'd had to come all the way down to ag;asgow to pick him up... just wondering if it might've been you since you're from aberdeen

Does anyone know what "fuckhead" shouted at Axl? "get on with it" or something?

Some fuckers started chanting velvet revolver :rolleyes:

Some dude behind me shouted "play a song, this is 5h1t" as the band were jamming a small interlude. I think Axl's comments were in response to this shout.

GGNR

I should start this off by saying that I've always been a huge G'n'R fan. I've seen them twice before, Donington in 88 and Gateshead on the Illusion tour. The Gateshead show in particular still rates as one of the best performances I've seen.

However, Glasgow on Friday night for me at least was a total let down. Yes, we all knew Axl would be late on stage but it doesn't stop you hoping that he'll get it together and appear on time. I've never seen a crowd as hostile before a band comes on. Its all very well to say its rock and roll etc etc but it shows a total lack of respect for the people who have put him where he is. From some of the crowd comments I think there will be a LOT of people won't be back. There were even people leaving before the band came on stage.

When they appeared I don't think I've seen a reaction like it in the SECC though. The place went wild and the first few songs or so were great but what happened after that? Why the utterly tortureous solo spots? Is there such a lack in the GnR back catalogue that they had to resort to solo spots? Everyone seemed to be getting more and more pissed off with it and at an hour in the amount of people we seen heading for the exits was getting more and more, gaps in the crowd were starting to appear.

Just before November Rain I too called it a day. The PA was probably the quietest I've ever heard, the sound wasn't particularly good and the band just seemed totally lacklusture compared to what I'd seen before with the old band members. Even a £37.50 ticket didn't stop me and plenty others heading for the exits, amazed and very disappointed at what I had just witnessed.

Guns N Roses? No. Axl Rose and friends play the music of Guns N Roses, nearer the mark.

I'd be amazed if they manage to sell out so easily if they ever return to the UK again after what I witnessed on Friday night.

Edited by Jim70

Nah....I'm wondering if your mum came to take you back to aberdeen at the end of the gig...cos my mum got mistaken by the staff of the Crown plaza hotel for the mother of some kid who'd had to come all the way down to ag;asgow to pick him up... just wondering if it might've been you since you're from aberdeen

i DID get picked up at the end, but i don't think my mum would've looked about for me cause i had my mobile and she would've phoned, and she didn't say anything about it when i got out so... i dont think it was my mum lol :xmassrudolph: