The Rolling Stones-Lead guitarists

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

The Rolling Stones-Lead guitarists  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, Brian was the original, Mick was on their greatest albums, and Ron has been with them the longest. This should be an interesting poll if we can get enough votes in, because there's a good reason to vote for each of them.

My vote goes to Ron Wood, just because I think, without the chemistry that the band has with him, they might have not made it this far. The Rolling Stones are about the live show, and Ronnie has been important to The Stones' shows for a very long time. I am also a big fan of Some Girls among other Wood-era Stones albums.

Probly sounds stupid, but Mick was the best. The albums he worked on were genius and his work with John Mayall was sweet too. Brian was good for their early "poppy" stuff, and their bluesy things like on Beggars Banquet. Keef once said of Brian "He can play slide guitar like a bastard." Ron is my least fave. He just han't done anything to extrodinary to me.

All I know is that if I'm going to a Rolling Stones concert I'm there to see:

Mr. Keith Richards. Rythm is best to describe him, but he does a lot of the riffs and could be considered shared lead or interwoven lead-rythm.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Out of the lead guitars I would pick Ron, because he's been solid and is a great entertainer.

i think Mick was the best "lead" guitarist and he played on the best stuff. but, Ron's sound mixes so good with Keith. i just bought this Faces box-set "Five Guys Walk Into A Bar" and it is so damn good. you can hear Ron's style so well and the Stones rely heavily on it.

adnan, you're right about the lead/rhthym mix thing with Keith. if you listen to early Elvis, and pay attention to Scotty Moore's guitar style, you can tell that Keith was a big fan. soloing out of 'moveable' chords is the style.

Guest zipgunboogie

Zipgun has voted for Brian

I love early stones my Fav era i think but i also think they were the tightest musicaly with Mick and then Ron is Just awesome

Guest SOLGER
Zipgun has voted for Brian

I love early stones my Fav era i think but i also think they were the tightest musicaly with Mick and then Ron is Just awesome

whatever she says... :wub:

Keith Richards!

He played lead on all of Let It Bleed

Did some cool shit on Satisfaction

And played the solo on The Last Time

Besides, Keith and Brian, or Ronnie, were always weaving things, or playing some cool stuff together. Listen to the end of Beast Of Burden, that's some cool guitar co-operation, and I love that kind of thing.

Keith played "rhythm" (rhythm cause his parts are as importants as the leads) on the Mick Taylor era, and dude, Mick could really do some cool shit, you've got to love Shine A Light.

I don't like guitar parts in particular, I love how they sound together, especially on the post-Mick Taylor records ... The guitars on A Bigger Bang are nice

Keith Richards!

Besides, Keith and Brian, or Ronnie, were always weaving things, or playing some cool stuff together. Listen to the end of Beast Of Burden, that's some cool guitar co-operation, and I love that kind of thing.

Keith played "rhythm" (rhythm cause his parts are as importants as the leads) on the Mick Taylor era, and dude, Mick could really do some cool shit, you've got to love Shine A Light.

I don't like guitar parts in particular, I love how they sound together, especially on the post-Mick Taylor records ... The guitars on A Bigger Bang are nice

Oh, I know my friend. For one, I knew if Keith was included everyone would vote for her, and yes, Mick's studio work with The Stones was the best of the three. There's a good reason to vote for all three.

Keith Richards!

Oh, I know my friend. For one, I knew if Keith was included everyone would vote for her, and yes, Mick's studio work with The Stones was the best of the three. There's a good reason to vote for all three.

For her? You know, Mick used to dress like a woman and all, but I think Keith was really sure about his sexuality

... damn I'm on my "funny" mood again

Keith Richards!

For her? You know, Mick used to dress like a woman and all, but I think Keith was really sure about his sexuality

... damn I'm on my "funny" mood again

:lol: My mistake, rumor has it they both fooled around with eachother in the early days, I don't really care either way.