When the vocals to better are brought forward it's going to be

Kaneda

Ridiculous....it's not even the best of the new songs....that title belongs to Catcher in the Rye. Better is a good pop song, and like every pop song...it will get stale....Catcher in the Rye is the only one with potential to be timeless like the old guns catalogue.....

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only one to perhaps realistically compare melodically to Coma, Estranged or NR would be Catcher. Better and I.R.S are good rockers, although only I.R.S is really that mainstream. There Was A Time, just a good album track.

Some of you guys are fools, complaining that it has too much of a pop sound...well I hate to break it to you but Sweet Child o Mine is GNR's most popular tune of all time, and it's a pop song...And Better just has so much more energy than Sweet Child it's not even funny.

I like songs like Coma and Estranged, but come on, these aren't "HITS"...they both would flop on the charts if released as singles.

Some people don't understand Axl at all, he wants to be #1, he wants to have that hit song that everyone's into...sure some of his songs are long and insightful, but Better would blow away a song like Catcher in the Rye on the charts.

I have played better for so many people in their early 20s and they love it. Play TWAT for them, and they hate it. It's that simple. Watch it, Better will take over the charts.

Seriously guys, this song is better than anything they have ever released and the version we have has Axl's vocals burried. Come on Axl, drop the shit and releases these hits!

I agree the maturity of these new songs are great, these tracks are real growers rather than flash in the pan songs, I can see Better being on constant repeat on MTV without being boring.

Edited by King_of_Beers

I agree that it's the best song from the new material but it can polish SCOM's shoes. WTTJ, NR, Etranged too :) I like new tunes but they will never detronized old stuff. Greetz

i have twin girls who are 11 and they LOVE "Better". they like alot of my music, but they also listen to Ciara, Usher, and crap like that. (hey at least they don't like Britney Spears anymore!). everytime they hear "Better" come on they freak out. plus i hear them listening to it in their room all the time. and they crank the fuck out of it. they've always liked Axl alot. they play old GNR alot too. they also like AC/DC, Motley Crue, and Elvis. i wonder where they get that from?

Better is my favorite of the new songs. I think it has big potential for being a hit. CITR and then TWAT come next, followed by IRS. Better is just structured great, has a catchy beat, great hook, and good playing to boot (at least from the demo I've heard).

I just saw this for the first time tonight, and its FUCKING AWFUL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DqmpYKNJQA...rock%20in%20rio

Am i missing something here? This is a total disgrace, Axl's voice sucks in places, the band can't be heard at other times...

A real mess is what this song is!

What do you guys think?

obvviously u havent heard the leaked demo yet

I just saw this for the first time tonight, and its FUCKING AWFUL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DqmpYKNJQA...rock%20in%20rio

Am i missing something here? This is a total disgrace, Axl's voice sucks in places, the band can't be heard at other times...

A real mess is what this song is!

What do you guys think?

obvviously u havent heard the leaked demo yet

Yeah, it hasn't sounded very good live. The demo sounds great, but live, it has been less than savory.

Some of you guys are fools, complaining that it has too much of a pop sound...well I hate to break it to you but Sweet Child o Mine is GNR's most popular tune of all time, and it's a pop song...And Better just has so much more energy than Sweet Child it's not even funny.

I like songs like Coma and Estranged, but come on, these aren't "HITS"...they both would flop on the charts if released as singles.

Some people don't understand Axl at all, he wants to be #1, he wants to have that hit song that everyone's into...sure some of his songs are long and insightful, but Better would blow away a song like Catcher in the Rye on the charts.

I have played better for so many people in their early 20s and they love it. Play TWAT for them, and they hate it. It's that simple. Watch it, Better will take over the charts.

totaly agree!

I think "Better" is better than half of AFD........yes, don't be shocked fools!

totaly agree!

I think "Better" is better than half of AFD........yes, don't be shocked fools!

Jesus-dumbass-Blue_Gargoyle.jpg

I'm not going to say Better is better than half of AFD. I dont think you can compare. Better is outside of anything the old guns would have done. They weren't even equipped to play a song like that.

I do think Better is at least on par with AFD. But which is better is all a matter of taste really.

To quote Will Ferrell.."I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!!"

I mean fuck, if you think "Better" is some classic song, you guys must love Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit.

Can anyone explain what is so special about this song aside from Axl's voice being on it? I get the feeling if Axl recorded himself shitting, people on here would claim it's better than anything on AFD.

It's just a mediocre industrial rock song with totally uninspired guitar play, and it will be forgotton about within the next 2 or 3 years, even by the most hardcore Axlites.

Watch me catch heat for this one - but it's only better than 2 or 3 songs on Contraband.

And that's the truth.

Hey, I can fully admit that "The Blues" and "Catcher in the Rye" are better than anything on Contraband, but people are taking it overboard here.

Those songs are special. Better is not special. Better is an uninspired industrial clusterfuck with a main guitar riff that any bum off the street could play.

If that song came out with a different lead singer on it, nobody would give two shits about it. But since it's Axl, it's GREAT! :rolleyes: