Stadium Arcadium

Yamisonic

Vote bitch  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've really never been into Red Hot Chili Peppers, but I've loved the singles since I was a little kid. I only have Greatest Hits, and I love it.

So, I haven't heard any other track on the album, and I'm only familiar with the band's singles. However, this album is getting so much praise I'm thinking about buying it.

I only know Dani California, and I think I might be overwhelmed with the amount of songs -- But I can't get the idea of buying it off my mind.

Suggestions?

Edited by Yamisonic

Buy it, NOW! Ive always been a fan but never a massive fan like some people but i decided to buy it after all the good reviews it got and i can honestly say its amazing, so many different styles of songs and not really any filler tracks for a double album and frusciante is on fire like a mofo, one of the best albums of the 00's

If you like the new Chili Peppers (Californication, and By The Way), then go for it. But if you like the classic funk Chili Peppers, then don't. I'm not that big a fan of the latest albums, and this new album to me is pretty much crap. It's so repetitive and boring, and I have only found three or four songs that I like. I'd recommend checking it out on iTunes so you can at least hear what you're about to buy (And maybe just buy the tracks you like there).

Guest cherry_bomb

i dont understand why people are like hesitant about buying something if theyre curious :drevil:

if you like the song and are curious, thats a good indication you should buy the album.

its a great album anyway.

great album but it has soo much to take in that it gets a bit boring

Does that even make sense? :confused: i mean, no offence but surely it would take longer to get boring if there's more tracks to explore. It's just a matter of taking into consideration that you've just bought a monster album that contains 28 tracks and so not to listen to it in one sitting. It's almost like treating your record collection like your babies, and SA is the special gifted one and therefore needs special attention! :P

If you like the new Chili Peppers (Californication, and By The Way), then go for it. But if you like the classic funk Chili Peppers, then don't. I'm not that big a fan of the latest albums, and this new album to me is pretty much crap. It's so repetitive and boring, and I have only found three or four songs that I like. I'd recommend checking it out on iTunes so you can at least hear what you're about to buy (And maybe just buy the tracks you like there).

Pah, rubbish! have you even heard 'Hump De Bump', 'Charlie', 'Warlocks', 'Tell Me Baby' or 'Storm In A Teacup'? there's plenty of funky stuff on there! there's chilli style old and new on this album, and some more. That was the whole idea. And i just don't see how you can think it's repetitive, for instance i've just named you 5 tracks out of 28 that are of a similar-ish style but then i could name you another 3 or 4 that are completely different and then another handful that are different again. There's all sorts of stuff on there. Buy it Yami, you won't be disappointed, i promise! :)

Does that even make sense? :confused: i mean, no offence but surely it would take longer to get boring if there's more tracks to explore. It's just a matter of taking into consideration that you've just bought a monster album that contains 28 tracks and so not to listen to it in one sitting. It's almost like treating your record collection like your babies, and SA is the special gifted one and therefore needs special attention! :P

nah! that's BS. If the album was that great you could and want to listen to it in one sitting. It sucks. just admit they've been rehashing the same crap since Californication.

nah! that's BS. If the album was that great you could and want to listen to it in one sitting. It sucks. just admit they've been rehashing the same crap since Californication.

Do you listen to the 'Illusions' in one sitting? (please don't answer yes! :unsure: ) well, if you think it's 'crap' they've been putting out since 'Californication' then we'll have to agree to disagree i guess. But i do know that Frusciante has been the driving force behind this band since his return on 'Californication' and im also 99% sure that it was him (mainly) who favoured the changes in musical style since that album. And what have we had since that time 'Scar Tissue', 'Otherside', 'Can't Stop', 'By The Way', 'Road Trippin' to name a few, wheras before you'd struggle to get more than a couple of chord changes on a Chillis album, never mind different styles. I think they've branched out but i guess it depends on your musical tastes.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Do you listen to the 'Illusions' in one sitting? (please don't answer yes! :unsure: ) well, if you think it's 'crap' they've been putting out since 'Californication' then we'll have to agree to disagree i guess. But i do know that Frusciante has been the driving force behind this band since his return on 'Californication' and im also 99% sure that it was him (mainly) who favoured the changes in musical style since that album. And what have we had since that time 'Scar Tissue', 'Otherside', 'Can't Stop', 'By The Way', 'Road Trippin' to name a few, wheras before you'd struggle to get more than a couple of chord changes on a Chillis album, never mind different styles. I think they've branched out but i guess it depends on your musical tastes.

It doesn't have the feel that a double album should.

I'm really getting tired of all of these RHCP fans who hate anything that doesn't sound exactly like Blood Sugar Sex Magik.

Stadium Arcadium is a complete masterpiece, yet some people complain that it isn't the same style as BSSM so they instantly insult it as much as they can. I bet that if they released a BSSM style album these same people would claim it was repetitive.

Just get over it, you're stuck in the past and too critical of RHCP.

I'm really getting tired of all of these RHCP fans who hate anything that doesn't sound exactly like Blood Sugar Sex Magik.

Stadium Arcadium is a complete masterpiece, yet some people complain that it isn't the same style as BSSM so they instantly insult it as much as they can. I bet that if they released a BSSM style album these same people would claim it was repetitive.

Welcome to the forum sir and what a brilliant first post, i totally agree

I'm a fan of their older stuff more but i still love the album By The Way and it's probably my favourite RHCP's album but SA is very repetitive and only a few songs stand out. "A complete masterpiece" you sir need to lay off whatever you're smoking ;)

Fair enough. Not much we can argue(converse) about here. It is JUST my opinion that since Californication it's all been the same old crap. yes a gem slips in here and there(Road Trippin' is great) but other than that I can't dig it. It's just boring to me. Like you said though Musical tastes; to each their own. :shades:

PS: By the way YES I an easily listen to the Illusion albums in one sitting. Assumeing I have the time. Those albums don't and never will bore me. I could also listen to Melloncollie and the Infinite Sadness in one sitting. You can do that with great albums(double disc or not). Stadium Arcadium will quickly be forgotten in my opinion.

Edited by Hallucination