what if Chinese Democracy isn't released this year?

johnptfunk

We've heard AXL say it would be out this year, he is touring, speaking public, "looks happy" out on stage, is he ready to finally release this thing? lets hope he stays true to his word and releases this darn thing. however, what if it doesn't come out as promised by AXL? Do you think the press will tear him a new one and never give him a chance again? and what from the fans? how will you fellow gunner fans react to yet another year of dissapointment and letdown. i mean yeah it's cool and all he his on tour again, but would you rather hear Appetite being toured again or CHINESE DEMOCRACY? He must at some point start playing new songs on a more regular basis.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the album isn't released, I honestly don't fancy waiting another four years for Axl to emerge again and tour, saying it will be out in the year in which he does. 2006 to early 2007 is it for Guns N' Roses really. The press will pay no attention to the band if there is no album soon, a lot of the fans I believe will feel the same way I do that if we don't see the album very soon then it's probably never going to appear.

So... remain optimistic we'll see it this year! It can be done! :)

UGH! I would be bummed but, I am happy to see him out in the public eye and showing up for the concerts! I will take what I can get. I have stuck around this long. I am not going to stop now. I think, from the bootlegs, and the New York concerts I have been to recently, the new songs are awesome and just as addictive. I would love to hear more of it. However, to hear him belt out the old stuff is just sweet!

The die hards will stick it out no matter what. Sure it will ruffle some feathers if it doesn't drop when promised but when the dust settles and when it is finally released ....we will all be there buying it up.

Most of the mainstream has long given up on Axl anyway.

The general consensus seems to be "if it comes out, great, but I am not holding my breath."

Basically, it probably won't be much different then the flame out in 2002. A tour that went largely unnoticed by the general population anyway, if ticket sales numbers are to be believed.

He best at least have a single out before he thinks he is touring over here in the US. This ain't Europe where they pack stadiums just because they are pleased as punch you even flew over to see them. 2002 was basically sold here in America as a nostalgia act with only one of the original pieces. Well, one and a half if you count Dizzy. Ticket sales sucked.

Well, its 4 years later and there is no new product as of yet. I see little reason to think a US tour in 2006 will do any better than 2002 with nothing new. Hell, I don't even know it does as well, which ain't saying much.

Most of the mainstream has long given up on Axl anyway.

The general consensus seems to be "if it comes out, great, but I am not holding my breath."

Basically, it probably won't be much different then the flame out in 2002. A tour that went largely unnoticed by the general population anyway, if ticket sales numbers are to be believed.

He best at least have a single out before he thinks he is touring over here in the US. This ain't Europe where they pack stadiums just because they are pleased as punch you even flew over to see them. 2002 was basically sold here in America as a nostalgia act with only one of the original pieces. Well, one and a half if you count Dizzy. Ticket sales sucked.

Well, its 4 years later and there is no new product as of yet. I see little reason to think a US tour in 2006 will do any better than 2002 with nothing new. Hell, I don't even know it does as well, which ain't saying much.

Yup, I agree!

I would be very disappointed if it didn’t come out this year. And if he is going to Tour and play Appetite songs, than just get the old band together. Shit if you’re going to play old music from the old band why not. What the fuck is the point of having 3 guitar players and 2 keyboard guys if it only took 5 guys to play Appetite… right. <_<

Do you ever wonder if any of the GNR members read this website???? Or if they are a member themselves? I hope axl reads it so he knows how mad the fans would be if he didnt release it. But I kinda doubt axl actually takes his time to read this website...would be cool though.

well if axl wants gnr to be anything like the gnr from the 80s n early 90s, then he better wait to tour the US and release the cd. really alot of the older fans dont care about guns n roses anymore, hell in their eyes when slash left, that was the end of GnR. and now theres a small percentage of fans who are in their teens or early 20s who have now started listening to them. they may have read the break up or at least heard it so they're just listening to the old cds. now if he comes out the new fans will start looking in to guns a little bit more. thats just my thoery tho.

I guess GNR fans wont that surprised if it doesnt come out it has been a lil over a decade waiting for CD

although personaly i do think people will have the album in their hands this yr, Axl looks much more mature and he has surfaced into the light, the tour is going exceptionally well . rock4

n in case the album doesnt come out that shows axl is no ready to become a hard rocker and deal w/ its pressure as he did in the 80's n 90's (n sometimes its not worth it) n most probably will be helpful if axl just figures out wat he really wants out of life :question:

Do you ever wonder if any of the GNR members read this website???? Or if they are a member themselves? I hope axl reads it so he knows how mad the fans would be if he didnt release it. But I kinda doubt axl actually takes his time to read this website...would be cool though.

Well didn't Axl confirm in Trunk show that he does follow the internet discussion a bit atleast.. ;)

Well didn't Axl confirm in Trunk show that he does follow the internet discussion a bit atleast.. ;)

Riight. And you do have to be a member to read these forums on this site. So he could be a member just reading what we have to write.

Riight. And you do have to be a member to read these forums on this site. So he could be a member just reading what we have to write.

he could even be a member? maybe your axl!

HAHA I WISH! I wonder if ur axl? (anyone could be axl or any member of the group GNR for that matter)

HAHA I WISH! I wonder if ur axl? (anyone could be axl or any member of the group GNR for that matter)

:rofl-lol: Just think about it: You flame Axl here and he rants about an asshole in mygnr boards that goes by name metalgoupie :laugh: Edited by .Seal

yes i am axl im just a little late to tell everyone. but hey isnt being late what i do best?

:rofl-lol:

I hope its released before Christmas this year. I'll always have my doubts when it comes to Axl, but I really think he's at a point now where he HAS to put this album out. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed.