Transport and a hotel for Guns N Roses

Well, I am from Cardiff and I was thinking of going to one GnR show, Birmingham or Manchester probably. I'd rather Birmy.

I was wondering if anyone knows if there will be a special coach service especially for the gig, because I'd rather leave to go home after the concert. And coaches on national express etc seem to have their last coach at 11ish. Same with trains.

And if I had to stay overnight does anyone know of any good/cheap hotels or travel lodges near the arena?

I've done some searching on google, but I am now seriously running low on time.

Thanks very much.

Be aware if you're going to Manchester that a lot of trains go into Piccadilly, while the Arena is at Victoria, and it's a bit of a walk. It'll be no problem getting there, as you can take the Metrolink, but there's a possiblity it wouldn't be running when the gig finishes. Don't remember if it finishes early on a Sunday or not.

I think National Express do some overnight coaches from Chorlton Street, and you might also want to look at the Megabus if you really want to do it cheap. There are some hostels near the university you could stay at in Manchester, but again, that's a bit of a walk from the MEN Arena.

In terms of hotels, Expedia (http://www.expedia.co.uk) has the Imperial near the University for £30 a night that night, which isn't going to break the bank, just a case of getting to there from the arena...

Edited by Mike Gray

Be aware if you're going to Manchester that a lot of trains go into Piccadilly, while the Arena is at Victoria, and it's a bit of a walk. It'll be no problem getting there, as you can take the Metrolink, but there's a possiblity it wouldn't be running when the gig finishes. Don't remember if it finishes early on a Sunday or not.

I think National Express do some overnight coaches from Chorlton Street, and you might also want to look at the Megabus if you really want to do it cheap. There are some hostels near the university you could stay at in Manchester, but again, that's a bit of a walk from the MEN Arena.

In terms of hotels, Expedia (http://www.expedia.co.uk) has the Imperial near the University for £30 a night that night, which isn't going to break the bank, just a case of getting to there from the arena...

Cool man, thanks for the help. I just seriously need to get this done quick.

I'm not too bothered about the walk.

And megabus...I think the only ones from cardiff to to london. :no: