GNR needs more backing vocals

Maddergascar

Seriously, I get the feeling that the only reason axl sounds so strained when he's singing is because there's no one else doing general background vocals (at least not as a rule) When axl skips a line it really shows. Van Halen did this all the time with DLR and it really helped when michael anthony sung the choruses too, really fills out the song. Created some nice harmonies too. Besides, what with the guitar parts being split over 3 of them, I imagine they're not too busy. There must be one among them who can sing!

sebastian bach should join the band and just sing backup. they could get him a lawnchair and a footbath and he'd have a great time.

Nah Ron could do that easily besides he is a good singer IMO :)

I guess they could be singing more backing but the other guys do help out quite a lot. Its not exactly something i'd pick at.... Admitadley(sp?) I do miss Traci and Roberta in their spandex or whatever they wore :wub: but yeah GnR have some great backing vocalists who do help out especially in Nightrain, PC and Sweet Child to name but a few! Maybe you've just been listening to bad streams of new songs where the levels are all over the place?

SP

Tracy & Roberta ;)

Come on, they were hot! haha

I liked Finck's vocals on Madagascar, but that was it. He butchered Nighttrain during 2002. Hope it's better now. I figure Tommy can pull a Duff, or even Richard or Dizzy could step up and do backing vocals.

Kevin

Edited by kever20

Seriously, I get the feeling that the only reason axl sounds so strained when he's singing is because there's no one else doing general background vocals (at least not as a rule) When axl skips a line it really shows. Van Halen did this all the time with DLR and it really helped when michael anthony sung the choruses too, really fills out the song. Created some nice harmonies too. Besides, what with the guitar parts being split over 3 of them, I imagine they're not too busy. There must be one among them who can sing!

I love backing vocals, which is why I really like the new line-up on songs like TWAT, Madagascar and Chinese Democracy. There are a lot of layers of backing vocals on Madagascar and TWAT especially. The one thing I noticed about the the new line-up is that they have more backing vocals than the old band. I do agree it still could use more emphasis live, but in a relative sense they have a lot.

~M