Have you introduced a swearing filter to the forum?

Binge_And_Slash

The censor for sp/at has been in place for a long time, and dates back to before they had their gossip section as a "member only" feature. Basically, we'd get a new "news" article from that site every few days predicting release dates for CD that never came true. They used almost anything for a source and madison had to keep bothering Merck so he could shoot down this "news".

Whenever Merck shot down a rumour that looked promising, we'd get pages and pages of threads of people getting angry and abusing the band, the management etc - as though it was their fault. After a while it started to look like sp/at were just posting anything up on their site with very little basis for truth - possibly just for attention/more hits on their site.

The admins here got sick of all the articles that never turned out to be true, decided that it wasn't a reliable source, and to stop the rumours that kept getting posted here, they put a censor on the website and moved all their stories to the "Ain't It Fun" section.

It's not a big deal.

What i want to know is, why is n.i.g.g.e.r censored but honkey isn't. I find the term honkey racist but it's ok to be used on here where as n.i.g.g.e.r isn't, now that's fucking pathetic. You mods should hang your heads in shame :no:

Edited by Mama Kin

What i want to know is, why is n.i.g.g.e.r censored but honkey isn't. I find the term honkey racist but it's ok to be used on here where as n.i.g.g.e.r isn't, now that's fucking pathetic. You mods should hang your heads in shame :no:

Oh god. Obviously because nobody actually uses the term "honkey", and if so - it's very rare - however, lots of people use n***er.

Christ, if we start filtering everything, then people will start whining about over-moderation. Use your brains.

Oh god. Obviously because nobody actually uses the term "honkey", and if so - it's very rare - however, lots of people use n***er.

Christ, if we start filtering everything, then people will start whining about over-moderation. Use your brains.

I have only half a brain :P

Come on now - lets not be overly generous.

Come on now - lets not be overly generous.

:laugh: I'm actually laughing out loud but seriously i know what you mean about being accused of over moderation, i just think if you was to filter out one racist word then why not filter out the other racist words because racism is unwanted whether you're black or white, shamon.

I think High explained the situation extremely well.

The censor is there mainly to stop the attention-seekers and racists from posting tasteless and offensive racist comments on the forum. It's a shame that such a censor is necessary -- but unfortunately, it's impossible to teach "common sense, courtesy and respect" to people who are brain-dead.