Do you think Robin plays with soul?

Gallagher Rose

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If by soulful you mean missing all the fucking notes, then you are right, he is a very soulful player.

:rofl-lol:

:huh: Dude...you suck?!?!

You cannot put your heart and soul into something that's not yours.

you wanna know something? They're GNR now, the others are Velvet Revolver. Does Velvet Revolver play all of these songs as much as GNR? uhhhh HELL NO, they may not have writen the songs BUT GIVE THEM A LISTEN THEY DONT SOUND THE SAME!! Robin is fuckin awesome, you can tell he gives it his all.

I dig his style on stage.

Shame people can't figure out that theres a difference in the way people perform, and play at a live concert, and in the studio.

Funk thing about live shows is that you're never going to get the same thing, ITS ALWAYS DIFFERENT, regardless of the setlist or members.

Edited by Anagram Of Oral Sex

I dig his style on stage.

Shame people can't figure out that theres a difference in the way people perform, and play at a live concert, and in the studio.

Funk thing about live shows is that you're never going to get the same thing, ITS ALWAYS DIFFERENT, regardless of the setlist or members.

It doesn't sound good though. Apparently from all the people bitching on the november rain 2nd solo thread, it's not an isolated feeling.

On the other hand his version of patience is great.

techically speaking, "playing with soul" doesn't make much sense. either you suck, can play, or can play well.

some of you guys think that if you sound anything like slash, you must have tons of soul. as a matter of fact, slashes solos mostly consist of a predefined "blues box", which is rather simple, but the fact is- it gets old.

they guys that make their own rules (the guys on my sig) IMO play with the most "soul", because they aren't held back by theory and the like, they are beyond that. ron thal uses a thimble to play frets higher than the 24th, that's fucking soul!

and if playing with soul consists of how you look while you play- get a clue. does dave gilmour run around when he plays the solo for time? fuck no, it speaks for itself. he doesn't need any gimmicks for people to know he's good.

if i wanted a stage show, i'd go see fucking kiss or manson.

but i'm a fan of good music.

I thought it sounded a bit weird at first too, mostly because im not used to it being played any other way, and then I listened to it again. Ont he 2nd listened it sounded a lot less rough, and it is almost exactly the same except for a few held out notes. 95% of those complainers just instantly over reacted trying to build up some attention on themselves by pointing out the smallest of mistakes.

It's a shame that forums are usualy filled with complainers trying to start a fire. and the majority of the people who actualy enjoyed it don't spend their entire day on a forum over analyzing every damn thing.

he is just a fucking poser!!!!!!!! dont you guys see it

????? he's not real, dont you remember the look he had on the NIN era, or those pics of him trying to look glam and sexy a few years ago?????besides he doesnt know how to play his instrument, any guitar player in the forum would agree, do you guys know what a VIBRATO is??? nothing complicated, it's the most basic technique a guitarrist should know, the kinda of thing that makes you sound with feeling and soul, close your eyes and listen to the solos that the POSER plays, dont look at him just listen to him, he HAS NO FEELING, period, he is the type of asshole who thinks that being a rockstar is about looking good and making weird faces while playing, he doesnt deserve to be in Gnr, Axl got to be crazy!!!!!!!

If by soulful you mean missing all the fucking notes, then you are right, he is a very soulful player.

Agreed.

Maybe that's why everyone raves when he plays Better live. I'm sure he enjoys playing his own stuff more than doing bad covers of Slash's work.

I think not even better is his song...wasn't it Buckethead who wrote the solos?

I don't get these comments that he's giving it 100%. Every guitarist at this level puts in lots of time and energy into what they do. That does not equal soul.

Soul is a characteristic of the sound produced by a guitarist. Slash's solos were very melodic and touching - they were soulful. It doesn't matter how hard they were to play or if he followed some sort of formula (if he did then bravo - it worked!!), nor how much effort he seemed to put into them while he played.

Luckily for us fans, it seems Robin is good at the same thing Slash was great at...writing melodic solos. He's not as good live, which is a pity perhaps, but I can live with that as long as he isn't poor in the studio. Studio is what matters, that's were the songs we love come from.

Yeah, if I were you I wouldn't listen to it.

~M

he is just a fucking poser!!!!!!!! dont you guys see it

????? he's not real, dont you remember the look he had on the NIN era, or those pics of him trying to look glam and sexy a few years ago?????besides he doesnt know how to play his instrument, any guitar player in the forum would agree, do you guys know what a VIBRATO is??? nothing complicated, it's the most basic technique a guitarrist should know, the kinda of thing that makes you sound with feeling and soul, close your eyes and listen to the solos that the POSER plays, dont look at him just listen to him, he HAS NO FEELING, period, he is the type of asshole who thinks that being a rockstar is about looking good and making weird faces while playing, he doesnt deserve to be in Gnr, Axl got to be crazy!!!!!!!

You too....its just not worth your time to listen to this band. Goodbye now.

~M

oddly enough the few who constantly bash robin also consider slash their favorite ex-member :book: my advice would be to get over it and go listen to velvet revolver if you want slash.

Robin is a great musican. if he wasn't he wouldn't have been working with the likes of Trent Reznor and GNR for the last 10 odd years. that alone speaks volumes about his talents. I'm sick of seeing every Robin thread turn into a huge bash fest. He's a great guitarist, and if you check out his website and the things he advocates, he's a good dude.

oddly enough the few who constantly bash robin also consider slash their favorite ex-member :book: my advice would be to get over it and go listen to velvet revolver if you want slash.

Robin is a great musican. if he wasn't he wouldn't have been working with the likes of Trent Reznor and GNR for the last 10 odd years. that alone speaks volumes about his talents. I'm sick of seeing every Robin thread turn into a huge bash fest. He's a great guitarist, and if you check out his website and the things he advocates, he's a good dude.

I agree 100% ;)

I agree 100% ;)

I don't, I want to listen both

I agree 100% ;)

I don't, I want to listen both

old gnr or new gnr :rolleyes::lol: well, what IIII meant was I agree with the slashers bashing robin, they need to look beyond "the past" ;)