Which made Axl angrier? NY Times article or the leaks?

shotdowninflames

Regarding the whole Chinese Democracy saga, what do you think upset Axl Rose more.

The New York Times expose about "The Most Expensive Album Ever."

NY Times Article

or the leaked demos.

We know from the Eddie Trunk interview that Axl keeps up with things on the internet and his manager wrote an angry reply to the NY Times after their investigation piece. So I'm sure that headline "Most Expensive Album Never Made" didn't make his day.

What's funny about the leaks is that a lot of people think Axl deliberately let them out to see what people think of his new music. And so fans will recognize the new songs on tour. Don't think so!

Axl has joked about all the "dowloading mother fuckers" in the audience that know the words to his new songs. But I'm sure behind his humor he really resented the leaks. On Eddie Trunk he was still fuming about the IRS leak from 3 years before. Anyone who's sat on an album for 10 years can't be fond of losing money to bootleggers and illegal downloading.

Even though I'm sure he's glad people like the new songs, I'm sure Geffen is giving Axl shit about the fact nearly half of this fall's Chinese Democracy can be readily downloaded (for free) on the web. (in live & demo form only)

People also think the leaks forced Axl to comeback and tour & finally announce a release date. Not true either. Axl told Rolling Stone people would hear music this year and scheduled tour dates before the leaks came out. If anything I think it delayed the album further.

Bad press & people hearing his unreleased new music really seems to send Axl back into his shell. Hopefully he'll continue to get good reviews on tour. And certain critics will quit dogging the leaked demos.

I don't think that Axl was angry for the leaks... maybe he released them?

Who knows...but anyway he seams to enjoy the fact...

Well I wouldn't say enjoy but w/e.. Maybe he is just more down to earth these days and doesn't really take it as such a hard blowback that they got leaked.

i dont think axl was angry about the leaks, i'm sure it was his choice to leak them

its no coincidence he had some cd listening release party right after or right before and then within days a ton of tour dates were announced

and its no coincidence that the songs that were leaked are the new songs that are being played on tour

What's funny about the leaks is that a lot of people think Axl deliberately let them out to see what people think of his new music. And so fans will recognize the new songs on tour. Don't think so!

On Eddie Trunk he was still fuming about the IRS leak from 3 years before.

He certainly wasn't mad on Eddie Trunk, he joked about it. If the leaks weren't intentional (with maybe the exception of CITR), then Axl just let a thief dictate his live setlist. Do you think Axl would let a thief influence his live show?

~M

Edited by MetaSouL

Why should he be mad? The leaks provided free promotion and a great response from the audience since they could sing-along to non-released songs. This was the best thing that could´ve happeneed to a band on tour with no new album to back them up. No one ever wonder how come they only play the songs that have leaked and not any other songs that supposedly are gonna be on CD? It wouldn´t surpsirse me if it all just was a market scheme. I mean, the deal with Merch hanging on forums telling people not to discuss lyrics and not to spread links just makes people do it even more. If it was a marketing scheme it was genious, if it wasn´t, Axl still has nothing to be mad about, cause this hasn´t hurt him one bit.

And before anyone answers, I am aware they play "The Blues" and other songs that could be from CD too, but I´m referring just to the demo leaks we´ve heard.

Edited by Lukinx