2006 BUDAPEST - NICE NOSTALGIC GIG

Big Bite

Guns N' Roses is just an empty name now, nothing more. Axl made everything to f...k up 12.000 Hungarian enthusiastic spectarors, plenty of them being fanatic GNR fan since his/her sweet childhood, and waiting for the next opportunity to come (after 92 when they were here). Ok, we could wait 14 years of silence so that we can wait 2 hours for the start of the show, but since it was weekday, I understood that the working men (approximately half of the audience) had to go home around midnight - so didn't see NOTHING of GNR.

Even so big stars as Axl Rose can't do that with this people. Next time, he has to get his fat butt up and move onto the stage in time, but i don't think the Hungarian rockers would like to play this game next time.

Ok, let's forget this delay, but the concert itself was not as satisfactory, as we would expect after this mess. Axl came up with these 3 (!) teen-punk looking guitarists, whose function was to fill the holes between 2 or 3 blocks of songs, cuz Axl didn't have the balls the sing more than 10-15 minutes. So they made totally meaningless, and yes AMATEUR solos, that even my little brother could play in the age of 12. To be true, Axl's voice was not as bad, it was somewhat OK, the song worked, but that's all, and nothing is more tiresome than to start up by singing and dancing old school classics, and after that to stop and suffer these f...d up solos. Well, Dizzy at least put a nice solo on the piano, and Axl made those famous squirming and great stage postures and gestures, but this was not enough for the most people.

The show also lacked the real energy-flow between the band and the audience, i don't simplify if i rate it as a nice nostalgic gig with a lot of neutral gears, a big "We play you the best of guns and leave, ok?" with nothing to tell the real people being out there to see a true rock god (now ex-god for them).

Well Axl, you have to come up with something really big to expect anybody seeing your show next time.

Guns N' Roses is just an empty name now, nothing more. Axl made everything to f...k up 12.000 Hungarian enthusiastic spectarors, plenty of them being fanatic GNR fan since his/her sweet childhood, and waiting for the next opportunity to come (after 92 when they were here). Ok, we could wait 14 years of silence so that we can wait 2 hours for the start of the show, but since it was weekday, I understood that the working men (approximately half of the audience) had to go home around midnight - so didn't see NOTHING of GNR.

Even so big stars as Axl Rose can't do that with this people. Next time, he has to get his fat butt up and move onto the stage in time, but i don't think the Hungarian rockers would like to play this game next time.

Ok, let's forget this delay, but the concert itself was not as satisfactory, as we would expect after this mess. Axl came up with these 3 (!) teen-punk looking guitarists, whose function was to fill the holes between 2 or 3 blocks of songs, cuz Axl didn't have the balls the sing more than 10-15 minutes. So they made totally meaningless, and yes AMATEUR solos, that even my little brother could play in the age of 12. To be true, Axl's voice was not as bad, it was somewhat OK, the song worked, but that's all, and nothing is more tiresome than to start up by singing and dancing old school classics, and after that to stop and suffer these f...d up solos. Well, Dizzy at least put a nice solo on the piano, and Axl made those famous squirming and great stage postures and gestures, but this was not enough for the most people.

The show also lacked the real energy-flow between the band and the audience, i don't simplify if i rate it as a nice nostalgic gig with a lot of neutral gears, a big "We play you the best of guns and leave, ok?" with nothing to tell the real people being out there to see a true rock god (now ex-god for them).

Well Axl, you have to come up with something really big to expect anybody seeing your show next time.

Guess Madrid didn't teach him anything hey?

Get ready for lots of nuthuggers who'll tell you that you could "expect" this.......

One thing though, you said you saw nothing and yet you give us a pretty detailed review of the concert, am I missing something?

Base

Guess Madrid didn't teach him anything hey?

Get ready for lots of nuthuggers who'll tell you that you could "expect" this.......

One thing though, you said you saw nothing and yet you give us a pretty detailed review of the concert, am I missing something?

Base

You are true, Madrid didn't teach him anything, and I'm afraid the band won't march on til the end (London, Wembley), even with this comfortable 2-3-4 day pauses. But let's see what future brings. (I wouldn't bet they'll finish this whole tour.)

Yes, I know I could expect this, but we're not one of those letting this happen without a word. And this man didn't want to see anybody or talk to anybody here, not even a long-time fan. He spared no trouble seeing our country, our capital, or even a f...d up Hungarian street, hotel room or pussy:). (He arrived to Budapest Airport around 10 PM, when they should have yet be playing, and after the concert he immediately got back to Milano.) He just didn't give a fuck to all those eagerly waiting him.

I didn't say I saw nothing, I said those people didn't see nothing, who had had enough earlier and left the arena.

Fresh inside information now on the web: the leader of the Hungarian support band got to know that Axl's arbitrary stoppages were due to his nice little hobby, breathing oxygen from a machine. He vanished from the stage after each second or third song and got back to his dressing room doing this. Sorry, if this is not fresh news for you, but surely expect this to happen on the next shows as well.

I'm just warning each GNR fans out there, that maybe they should seriously consider seeing the show if they don't want to be somewhat disappointed.