Oasis - Definitely Maybe

atom heart mother

But there are some surprises lower down the top 100:, with the debut album by the Spice Girls ranked above Joy Division's Unknown Pleasures, and Shania Twain's Come on Over ahead of Bruce Springsteen's Born to Run and Prince's Sign 'o' the Times.

:huh:

It's very hard to rank albums and include all genres but I have to say both Definitely Maybe and What's The Story are two fantastic albums. I wouldn't call DM the best album ever made but as greatest debut it's definitely on my top 10 of all time.

The Sex Pistols debut and OK Computer are number one and two on my most overrated albums list.

But there are some surprises lower down the top 100:, with the debut album by the Spice Girls ranked above Joy Division's Unknown Pleasures, and Shania Twain's Come on Over ahead of Bruce Springsteen's Born to Run and Prince's Sign 'o' the Times.

:huh:

It's very hard to rank albums and include all genres but I have to say both Definitely Maybe and What's The Story are two fantastic albums. I wouldn't call DM the best album ever made but as greatest debut it's definitely on my top 10 of all time.

The Sex Pistols debut and OK Computer are number one and two on my most overrated albums list.

Ive always thought sgt peppers was the most overrated album of all time

if it wasnt for "a day in the life" sgt peppers would be one of the worst albums. the song is THAT good.

its definitely the most overrated album ever, not even the best beatles album

I have to disagree. I mean you're right "A day in the life" is THAT good but the other songs are awesome as well. "Getting Better", "Fixing A Hole", "Within and Without You", "LSD", "Mr. Kite". Only Abbey Road is better and should have been number one in this poll while ok computer should be replaced by Definetly Maybe.

• 4 weeks later...
if it wasnt for "a day in the life" sgt peppers would be one of the worst albums. the song is THAT good.

its definitely the most overrated album ever, not even the best beatles album

wtf?

All of the songs are amazing...from A Day In The Life to She's Leaving Home. They're all masterpieces IMO

That said, Sgt. Pepper's isn't my favorite Beatles album, but it isn't overrated - it is THAT good

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Sgt. Pepper's is the classic case of "You had to be there" I'm afraid. I agree with most of you that it isn't their best, it's overrated etc. But it did things at the time that hadn't been done before. Hell, it's a masterpiece regardless. Track by track it's outstanding.

That can't be best album ever. Zeppelin blows that crap outta the water. Put Celebration Day or Immigrant Song on after DM and see what I mean.

Even though I'm not a big fan Pink Floyd Dark Side of Moon must be really close to best. Back in Black. Ride the Lightening. Beatles White Album. Stones Sticky Fingers. Pump by Aerosmith.

Even Everything Must Go by MSP is better than DM.

WTSMG is a better album than DM.

The uve got In Utero from NRVna and Vs. from PJ.

What about Dirty by Sonic Youth.

Doolittle by Pixies.

Shout at the Devil by MCrue.

Souls of Black by Testament.