Is it just me...

wasted

I've been away from the forum (u know busy with various things) but coming back I was blown away with the response and sheer magnitude of new GNR downloads and stories. My favoriteheadlines...

Axl in fistfight with Thomas Hilfiger!!!

Mr Izzy Stradlin on stage with Axl!!!

Acoustic Welcome to the Jungle!!!

Axl bangs Sophie Anderton outside of his own mansion!?

and then there's all the new audios downloads pics and Lenny Fuck Wit stories.

But Axl is BACK with a capital K?

Back for good?

The biggest, baddest, brawniest rocker of all-time says "I'm wearing a sombrero!"

And we've still got Brian May to come!!!

Is GNR back? Or Is is that when Slash plays Paradise City?

Really? I havent had time to see wat the public thinks of bumblefuck or the new bands performance. NYC seemed postive tho. i wish id been at the izzy show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got a more holistic approach why not have Izzy slash and Bumblefoot and finck and everyone (even Bachy boy) for the world tour. Either way GNR is b-b-b-b-b-back!!! in my humble opinion.

Wow, some of you guys need get to the outside world ASAP.

Most of the country has no idea what Axl is up to or that he is touring this summer. You run this risk when you do no press and no publicity.

I'm not one of the reunion idiot brigade, but let's get real here.

Most of the country has no idea what Axl is up to or that he is touring this summer.

are you shure?in lots of croatian newspapers were ads about fight axl vs. tommy,how they are touring,their comeback etc. so there is still interest in gnr...

its pretty much the same with other countries,I guess

Edited by Martina

They are not back before they've released a fuckin album!! It's really great that they're touring and all but for the general public they ain't back before they deliver some new music.

...or ofcourse, when Slash plays Paradise City.

I just think people can't see the forest from the trees.

Obviously GNR message boards have exploded these past few months.

But do you see a lot of that translated to the general public? I don't. Were it not for the Hilfiger thing, people would not even have known GNR was there.

Axl needs to do some god damn promotion. This is getting laughable at this point.

But do you see a lot of that translated to the general public? I don't. Were it not for the Hilfiger thing, people would not even have known GNR was there.

Axl needs to do some god damn promotion. This is getting laughable at this point.

um....yeah... :drevil:

and this shows are already sold out because nobody knows what is happening with gnr at the moment? :rolleyes:

Glasgow SECC (seated) on Friday 21 July- SOLD OUT

Glasgow SECC (standing) - SOLD OUT

Birmingham NEC (standing) - SOLD OUT

London Wembley Arena (seated) on Sunday 30 July- SOLD OUT

London Wembley Arena (standing) - SOLD OUT

and this shows are already sold out because nobody knows what is happening with gnr at the moment? :rolleyes:

Awww the Glasgow shows are sold out already???

Lucky I've got my Download tickets already. B)

They are doing well in Europe, no doubt about it. But D-GeneartionX is correct about America(I assume that's what he was referring to.) GnR can do well in New York, Vegas, and they do have a show set up in LA in September. Otherwise, the general public doesn't know or care about Gnr, and why should they when there has been no material released and a failed tour in 2002?

Axl needs to release a single to promote the new album, and then we shall see what happens, hopefully people will begin to be interested again. Unfortuantely, besides the die-hard fans(myself included), most people think he's washed up.

Edited by JONEZY

They are doing well in Europe, no doubt about it. But D-GeneartionX is correct about America(I assume that's what he was referring to.) GnR can do well in New York, Vegas, and they do have a show set up in LA in September. Otherwise, the general public doesn't know or care about Gnr, and why should they when there has been no material released and a failed tour in 2002?

Axl needs to release a single to promote the new album, and then we shall see what happens, hopefully people will begin to be interested again. Unfortuantely, besides the die-hard fans(myself included), most people think he's washed up.

I tought he was referring to europe...jet america is different story...02 tour was failure in america and people lost their interest...but now I hope we will get different story...they'll have tour and cd or single out at that time and there will be promotion of it...that is how I image it... we have to be patient and see what happens :)

Yeah, because there is no difference in attitudes between American and European folks, right?

No - WRONG.

Axl would have monster ticket problems in the US right now with no press, no new product, and even some of the diehards still wary after the 2002 debacle. Maybe because over here, he plays more than one or two dates IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY.

Do you not see that? There are a ridiculously higher number of venues here in the States then there are in Europe. There are multiple places in each state (not entire country) that he would need to be able to fill to make a US tour viable.

And frankly, you can really only point to these recent UK dates as the same sort of thing you would see here. But those first batch of shows, all festivals except one, were they not? Was Download not going to sell tickets without Guns N' Roses? Of course they would have.

Yeah, because there is no difference in attitudes between American and European folks, right?

No - WRONG.

Axl would have monster ticket problems in the US right now with no press, no new product, and even some of the diehards still wary after the 2002 debacle. Maybe because over here, he plays more than one or two dates IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY.

Do you not see that? There are a ridiculously higher number of venues here in the States then there are in Europe. There are multiple places in each state (not entire country) that he would need to be able to fill to make a US tour viable.

And frankly, you can really only point to these recent UK dates as the same sort of thing you would see here. But those first batch of shows, all festivals except one, were they not? Was Download not going to sell tickets without Guns N' Roses? Of course they would have.

YOU ARE RIGHT!

:(

Yea, but have you seen him perform Better on RiR? It's fucking incredible! Seriously! He's never sounded sweeter! Do yourself a favor and find it on YouTube. The first thirty seconds might be some of the best vocals we've ever heard from him. Maybe the best in rock's history.

Are you serious???????? :question:

Wow, some of you guys need get to the outside world ASAP.

Most of the country has no idea what Axl is up to or that he is touring this summer. You run this risk when you do no press and no publicity.

I'm not one of the reunion idiot brigade, but let's get real here.

That's ok. Most of the country didn't know GNR 6 months after AFD hit the shelves either. It's all about building the momentum with the euro tour, album, US tour.

~M

Really? I havent had time to see wat the public thinks of bumblefuck or the new bands performance. NYC seemed postive tho. i wish id been at the izzy show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got a more holistic approach why not have Izzy slash and Bumblefoot and finck and everyone (even Bachy boy) for the world tour. Either way GNR is b-b-b-b-b-back!!! in my humble opinion.

GNR back? Nope. Axl's new band under the GNR name? Yep

GNR isn't back until a new album is released. They're still a cover band doing a reunion tour. Right now, in America, the only attention Axl has gotten came from the Tommy Hilfiger fight. I haven't seen any mention of the NYC shows in anything mainstream.

To be honest the general public are fucking idiots. They don't decide what they go and see or buy, the industry does. During Illusion period people who went to GNR were pop fans and non-music fans and that's cos they were out for a big show and some experience of a rock concert like they thought about in the past. I still think Axl has a bit of work to do to get back to that point but at this point he's hooking back up with past buddies and scoring new contacts. But does the industry except axl? Yup. Does the press love him? Yup. GNR are back in the ring. Whether the whole band will need to reform to really fully be back we'll have to see but as is Axl is dating supermodels and fighting with idustry insiders. Do the public know what goes on behind the scenes? No. Will they buy a new GNR disc? Yup.