Why Aren't The Others Pressing Axl To Play More New Stuff?

D-GenerationX

Doesn't it strike you odd that the other guys who worked on this alleged 3 albums worth of material are content with only playing 2 or 3 of those songs a night, and pretty much the same ones?

You are obviously not going to cut any of the AFD singles, or even the stronger album cuts like 'Its So Easy' and 'Mr. Brownstone'. But songs like 'Out Ta Get Me' or 'My Michelle' can't be dropped in favor of tunes these guys actually, you know, worked on??

I don't know. Strikes me odd. My fear is that these guys either have no say in what goes on or no balls. Neither scenario is particularly encouraging.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Becouse this is not the chinese democracy tour. This is just a "warm up" tour before CD hits shelves this christmas. And after that when the world is more comftable to this band they will play more of the new tunes.

Patience is the key to be a gnr fan ;)

Maybe they don't play any of the new stuff yet because they want to play the old stuff and be accepted as GNR before they bust out the new stuff.

Just because they aren't playing new songs doesn't mean that the rest of the guys have no say in the band.

But guys, look at my example up there.

I am not asking them to overhaul the entire setlist. Just drop some of the lesser AFD songs for some new stuff. I'm asking them to change maybe 2 songs.

And if I am those guys, I would damn sure rather play stuff they actually all worked on as a band.

And I'll tell you something else. If this is a "warm up tour", then warm the hell up. Now is the time to work out how to play these tunes live. Otherwise, the offical tour (whenever that is) will see them coming out with a bunch of new shit they have never tried.

Edited by D-GenerationX

I think its okei to play the old songs, Because I dont like the new materiall that much, I think they go to far away from what Guns N Roses is to me. And i also never experienced Guns N Roses in the good old days, to young for that(17 now) . So therefore i want them to play much of the old stuff when i coming to the concert;)

Guns N Roses is for me like Steven Adler said once: " We play rock n roll music to kick your ass"

Doesn't it strike you odd that the other guys who worked on this alleged 3 albums worth of material are content with only playing 2 or 3 of those songs a night, and pretty much the same ones? ..

Nope. I'd be surprised if it was the opposite at this point in time.

Afterall, why would Axl or the rest of the band want to play new songs that they know will be immediately bootlegged and leaked all over the Net within minutes of them stepping off the stage? We all saw first-hand how quickly the leaked tracks made their way across the Net.

So, I'm guessing they'll add new songs to the setlist as the album release date gets closer.

Cause Axl is the BOSS.... He states what to play.... the others just play it....

This is not GUNS N ROSES.... this is AXL and FRIENDS

I like AXL and FRIENDS...

this is total rumor mongering at its worst. how'd u know they're not? how'd u know what reasons their are for anything??? y'know...jus feelin around in the dark here *although someone of the greatest of my life were while doin that* :lol:

Afterall, why would Axl or the rest of the band want to play new songs that they know will be immediately bootlegged and leaked all over the Net within minutes of them stepping off the stage? We all saw first-hand how quickly the leaked tracks made their way across the Net.

Sometimes the internet can be a real pain in the ass!

It can also be a hell of a promotional tool.

Frankly, anyone who is taking the time to search out a concert bootleg is a diehard. A diehard who is buying the damn CD anyway. Even if we actually got a decent soundboard recording show where they played all 6 new songs brilliantly, does that mean I'm not buying the CD?

Because I would think I am.

Garbage can man...

After, or closer to the release of, Chinese Democracy, more new material will be played.

Gee, if only they were doing, like...a warm up tour to get the band tight for the official world tour.

That would be SWEET.

Gee if only they wanted a million and one bootlegs of 3/4 of CD...

And as you said in your first post, they wrote the damn songs they are gonna be playing in the near future, they don't need to "learn to play them", sure they won't sound amazing the first time they play them (o wait, TWAT was ridiculously good) but after a couple shows they will have them on lock. This little warm-up tour is serving its purpose of getting the band ready to play for the European Tour and possible North American Tour. What better way to promote THE BAND than to play the tunes that everybody has come to love. When it's time to start promoting THE NEW ALBUM, people will hear more of the new stuff.

Gee if only they wanted a million and one bootlegs of 3/4 of CD...

And as you said in your first post, they wrote the damn songs they are gonna be playing in the near future, they don't need to "learn to play them", sure they won't sound amazing the first time they play them (o wait, TWAT was ridiculously good) but after a couple shows they will have them on lock. This little warm-up tour is serving its purpose of getting the band ready to play for the European Tour and possible North American Tour. What better way to promote THE BAND than to play the tunes that everybody has come to love. When it's time to start promoting THE NEW ALBUM, people will hear more of the new stuff.

Yes....

Doesn't it strike you odd that the other guys who worked on this alleged 3 albums worth of material are content with only playing 2 or 3 of those songs a night, and pretty much the same ones?

You are obviously not going to cut any of the AFD singles, or even the stronger album cuts like 'Its So Easy' and 'Mr. Brownstone'. But songs like 'Out Ta Get Me' or 'My Michelle' can't be dropped in favor of tunes these guys actually, you know, worked on??

I don't know. Strikes me odd. My fear is that these guys either have no say in what goes on or no balls. Neither scenario is particularly encouraging.

It's kinda like, if you have a new bassplayer join your band and he suddenly calls the shots. Replacement guys don't have much say until they have more senority

It's kinda like, if you have a new bassplayer join your band and he suddenly calls the shots. Replacement guys don't have much say until they have more senority

Yeah, but this is a band made up of replacments at this point.

:shades: :xmasssanta: :xmassrudolph: :shocked::no::rofl-lol: Actually axl is making the same mistake again. and for what?? to earn more profit. to finish the godamn album. IF THIS WAS suppost to be the tour for the album. THEN they should hv played more new songs! :krider:

Just drop some of the lesser AFD songs for some new stuff. I'm asking them to change maybe 2 songs.

I agree with alot of what you're saying. For me, even if it's not new songs replacing the likes of Out To Get Me, etc, but if it was Illusion songs like Don't Cry. There's a freshness about these unplayed songs and seeing as we're familiar with them anyways, I can only see them improving the set/gig.

Also, is it just me, or did hearing Thal play Don't Cry and hearing the crowd sing along make you go play the whole version straight away after :P.

Monty