Why Aren't The Others Pressing Axl To Play More New Stuff?

D-GenerationX

Doesn't it strike you odd that the other guys who worked on this alleged 3 albums worth of material are content with only playing 2 or 3 of those songs a night, and pretty much the same ones?

You are obviously not going to cut any of the AFD singles, or even the stronger album cuts like 'Its So Easy' and 'Mr. Brownstone'. But songs like 'Out Ta Get Me' or 'My Michelle' can't be dropped in favor of tunes these guys actually, you know, worked on??

I don't know. Strikes me odd. My fear is that these guys either have no say in what goes on or no balls. Neither scenario is particularly encouraging.

Did you ever think it might be a group decision to avoid spoiling the album?

~M

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't it strike you odd that the other guys who worked on this alleged 3 albums worth of material are content with only playing 2 or 3 of those songs a night, and pretty much the same ones?

You are obviously not going to cut any of the AFD singles, or even the stronger album cuts like 'Its So Easy' and 'Mr. Brownstone'. But songs like 'Out Ta Get Me' or 'My Michelle' can't be dropped in favor of tunes these guys actually, you know, worked on??

I don't know. Strikes me odd. My fear is that these guys either have no say in what goes on or no balls. Neither scenario is particularly encouraging.

Did you ever think it might be a group decision to avoid spoiling the album?

~M

I like this mans thinking process

Guest Apollo

Madison is 100% right.

And if it wasn't for all the leaked tracks, nobody would be bitching right now.

The Blues, Madagascar, IRS, Twat, Better, Chinese Democracy . . .hhhmmm, that looks more like six new songs, not two.

Personally, I'm glad that they aren't playing even MORE new songs.

I seriously have doubts about most of the new material because its not gnr style, anyway if trent reznor released an album with this material he would make a killing. To me Axl gone too industrial. I'm not trying to downgrade the new material i think its really good but its not gnr.

Guest RonMexico82

Cos this band isn't allowed take a piss without Axls permission. Its not their material, it is Axls, they are not Guns n Roses - Axl is.

Did Axl play the entire UYI ablums before they came out?

Why would Axl, and the rest of the band ruin any suprise of Chinese Democracy on a tour before the album is released? Why play a bunch of new A sides? because when the album is actually released the only songs we havnt heard will be "below par" of what we've already heard which then causes the same exact pussies who bitch online (like you) to only complain more about Chinese Democracy for it a will seem like a dissapointment with no "better songs" than what we've already heard live.

AND IF THAT STILL DOESN'T MAKE SENSE

Then just go back to square 1. This is a new album, playing most of the songs from a new album before it is released would cause that album not to be new anymore, even before it's released.

Edited by Anagram Of Oral Sex

Becouse this is not the chinese democracy tour. This is just a "warm up" tour before CD hits shelves this christmas. And after that when the world is more comftable to this band they will play more of the new tunes.

Patience is the key to be a gnr fan ;)

you aint freakin kidding,,,,patience is the key. im still waiting on axl so i can be his sex slave. but to the subject i dont think they have much input in this-yet.

Nope.

robin must still be learning :)

and Axl's too old to learn from his past mistakes...Patience fucked-up again (and his psycho look after that)

...better still sounds awfull

but TWAT was very nice!

He changed his style he sould be playing more new stuff, coz the AFD songs don't FIT to this fucking NEW IMAGE!!! <_<

I seriously have doubts about most of the new material because its not gnr style, anyway if trent reznor released an album with this material he would make a killing. To me Axl gone too industrial. I'm not trying to downgrade the new material i think its really good but its not gnr.

None of the songs are industrial though, and the only one that comes remotely close is Better... but even then, it's a rock song.

I think its about right. There are songs which have to be played and the audience doesnt even know Chinese D yet or the Blues.

What I wish (in my deepest depression) is that UYI was used more. Like some of the songs which didnt get credit at the time could be dusted off. Ones which suit new GNR like Locomotive and Garden of Eden or The Garden. Instead of cover Aguilera tunes?

Guest Apollo

All I can say is WOW. Some of you people are fucking retarded.

Industrial sound? Afraid to release the new material cuz it sucks? Axl has the only say?

Fucking retarded. Now I remember why I can't stay talking on the forum for any length of time.

there are NO industrial tunes so far.

The Blues is Yesterdays and Estranged mark II

Chinese D - Rocker, like its so easy, but really "it's so difficult"

Madagaiscar ballad, beatles?

IRS - cascading power cords

TWAT - Slash does the solo?

CITR - Nov Rain mark II

OMG - ok a little bit

Riyadiy- erm, cant tell

What we aint got is the Stradlin factor?

I loved Bad Obssession, Bad Apples, Dust N Bones, Pretty tied up

I personally think this is classic GNR - Izzy song, Slash solo, Axl, Duff, Sorum blasting away, Axl mixing lyrics with Izzy.

Bad Apples is GNR.

I'm sure there's a plan.

Either that, or Axl is very nervous to demo the new material.

they must have a plan !

they know what they're doin`.

what i dont know is why you guys freak out about it ? like "omg when where how why .. " c`mon its axl we`re talking about...

Cos this band isn't allowed take a piss without Axls permission. Its not their material, it is Axls, they are not Guns n Roses - Axl is.
Because Axl's the only one who has any real say, and he has no faith in the new material.

If they say NO they're fired..... :anger:

See there's this little fact your missing...

This isn't the tour for the album. That is later this year. Right now they are just playing a series of small shows and major festivals.

good point vince !

i was gonna say that.... its a simple tour... then the album comes out and then another tour ? why the fuck dont you like it that way ?

I think you mean its not "old GNR" style. This band isn't trying to be the same as the old style. As Axl has said before, if that is what you want, go listen to the old CDs.

I personally don't think this band is the right band for anyone that is expecting something similar to old GNR. I personally hopes CD is off the wall.

~M

..how do you know...it's not their wish not to play some more tracks?...

..everythin' is doin' fine..don't worry...watch out 2007....

:)

Guest RonMexico82
there are NO industrial tunes so far.

The Blues is Yesterdays and Estranged mark II

True but not nearly as good. Thats not to say that it is crap either though, its okay nothing special.

Chinese D - Rocker, like its so easy, but really "it's so difficult"

Not really

Madagaiscar ballad, beatles?

Not anything remotely like the Beatles

IRS - cascading power cords

TWAT - Slash does the solo?

True

CITR - Nov Rain mark II

Dude you are waaaaaayy wrong here, CITR is nothing like November Rain. NOTHING. Not even close.

I think you mean its not "old GNR" style. This band isn't trying to be the same as the old style. As Axl has said before, if that is what you want, go listen to the old CDs.

I personally don't think this band is the right band for anyone that is expecting something similar to old GNR. I personally hopes CD is off the wall.

~M

What i was trying to say is that Axl has left his past behind, i think that the new sound is great but look at Maiden they haven't changed a bit and still dudes buy their cds, when u follow a band like i did with gnr u kind of hope it's like the original. If Axl wants to change his music change the bands name, cause what he is doing is using gnr as a scapegoat to release his work, soon we will be watching him in Top O The Pops back in England.

I dont want any friction just to say what i feel.

GNR Forever

~M

What i was trying to say is that Axl has left his past behind, i think that the new sound is great but look at Maiden they haven't changed a bit and still dudes buy their cds, when u follow a band like i did with gnr u kind of hope it's like the original. If Axl wants to change his music change the bands name, cause what he is doing is using gnr as a scapegoat to release his work, soon we will be watching him in Top O The Pops back in England.

I dont want any friction just to say what i feel.

GNR Forever

Understood and respectfully taken. Unfortunately, Axl must not see things that way, because from the onset of the old member split-up, he said he wanted to go in a different direction while simultaneously retaining the name. We can't say we weren't forwarned. By us using old GNR as a backdrop for comparison, a day will come when we will be forced to realize it is apples and oranges. Right now, heading into 2007, oranges sound pretty sweet.

We don't have to accept it, but we should acknowledge the fact that this new line-up isn't trying to be, nor ever will be, like the old guys.

~M