Ryan Key from Yellowcard

PRmedic

I picked up this months stuff magazine and I was flipping through and a in the "Rock On" section Ryan Key (singer) was asked this:

Who is the biggest rock star of all time?

"Axl Rose. He did tons of drugs, dated tons of models and made the rest of the band bail on him. Rock stars are a thing of the past, but I think Axl would be the biggest feature in the rock-star museum, if they built one."

What is Yellowcard? Who cares?

Yellowcard's a just some crappy pop punk band and frankly their opinion doesnt matter. Its the same with the Avenged Sevenfold dudes, they just wanna get some attention as AXL supporters.

Bro,

Do yourself a favor and go check out Avenged Sevenfold's City of Evil album.

They don't suck at all and they're not a band that needs attention - they get plenty of airtime.

Yellowcard's a just some crappy pop punk band and frankly their opinion doesnt matter. Its the same with the Avenged Sevenfold dudes, they just wanna get some attention as AXL supporters.

Bro,

They don't suck at all and they're not a band that needs attention - they get plenty of airtime.

Just because a band gets playing time, that doesnt mean theyre good. Theres plenty of emo and pop punk bands that get radio time and they suck!

About Avenged Sevenfold, i never said they suck, i personally like one or 2 of their songs, i just meant they want to be seen as GN'R supporters and get recognition among GN'R fans.

This Yellowbelly guy doesn't seem to know much about anything. Loads of guys did a lot more drugs than Axl and Axl seemed pretty hung up on two chicks for quite some time. He may have dated a few models until they decided they didn't want to put up with his shit(or vice versa), and making your whole band leave you means you are proably either a wasted drug addict(not Axl) or an asshole.

Axl seems more of a composer than a rock n' roller these days anyway. He isn't exactly 19-27 anymore...he's way past that. I bet Vince Neil's pet dog partied harder than Axl and for longer.

Bro,

Just because a band gets playing time, that doesnt mean theyre good. Theres plenty of emo and pop punk bands that get radio time and they suck!

About Avenged Sevenfold, i never said they suck, i personally like one or 2 of their songs, i just meant they want to be seen as GN'R supporters and get recognition among GN'R fans.

owned9te.jpg

But yeah .....

Who the hell cares for Yellowcard?

Not I said the boy who gets called a 'Tard.

Pretty stupid name for a band.

Might as well call it Red Tampon for all I care.

fuck that guy from yellowcard. yeah let me tell you how cool doing drugs is. i'm sure axl would love his comments considering drugs have ended many people's lives that axl knew and loved. heaven forbid drugs were the end of shannon's life......

RIP Shannon Hoon....

Edited by superdave

Axl did plenty of drugs back in the day, and was always upfront about it, he just never developed a dependency on them (unlike the rest of the band).

axl didnt really do drugs did he???

i know he o-d though

when did Axl ever OD? I don't think so...

He did, at least once -

RIP: Let's talk about music.

AXL: Alright. One of my favorite bands is U2. They used to not be, but they are now. I used not to get it. I didn't see the world they were singing about. Love and pain and caring? Only in a few instances, like "With or Without You," could I relate or understand. That was the song I saw right before I OD'd because my relationship [with his ex-wife] was so f?!ked up.

Rest of the interview is here -

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/article...hp?articleid=12

Axl did plenty of drugs back in the day, and was always upfront about it, he just never developed a dependency on them (unlike the rest of the band).

i know he o-d though

when did Axl ever OD? I don't think so...

He did, at least once -

RIP: Let's talk about music.

AXL: Alright. One of my favorite bands is U2. They used to not be, but they are now. I used not to get it. I didn't see the world they were singing about. Love and pain and caring? Only in a few instances, like "With or Without You," could I relate or understand. That was the song I saw right before I OD'd because my relationship [with his ex-wife] was so f?!ked up.

Rest of the interview is here -

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/article...hp?articleid=12

Exactly, what do people think Coma is about?

Another quote -

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/article...php?articleid=2

Are you, as many people believe, a heavy drug user?

I have a different physical constitution and different mindset about drugs than anybody I've known in Hollywood, because I don't abstain from doing drugs, but I won't allow myself to have a fuckin' habit. I won't allow it. I'll have done blow for three days and my mind will go "Fuck no". I'll have the physical feeling of knowing my body needs it, and I'll just refuse to do coke that day. I'm not going to do it, because if I was going to do it, I know I won't be able to hit my goals with what I want to do with this band. I can't let myself get into coke as much as I'm into the band. The same thing with heroin. I did it for three weeks straight and had one of the greatest times in my life, because I was with a girl I wanted to be with in this beautiful apartment, and we just sat there listening to Led Zeppelin, doing drugs and fucking. It was great, 'cause at that time I had nothing to do but sit on my ass and make a few phone calls a day. I stopped on, like, Saturday, because I had serious business to attend to on Monday. I felt like shit, sweated, shook, but on Monday I was able to function. I can't hide in drugs. A lot of people can, but whenever I do any drugs - pills, booze, smack, whatever - to enjoy it, my life has to be perfect - no fuck-ups, nothing going wrong. Otherwise, when I'm high, I'll analyse the shit out of everything that's happening in my life and why things are going wrong. That's not enjoyable. And if I have shows to do, I won't touch drugs because it fucks up my throat. My advice is don't get a habit, don't use anybody else's needle and don't let drugs become a prerequisite to having a good time. Do things in moderation , and just be careful.

Edited by Angelica

i know he o-d though

How can you o-d if you don't do drugs?

Yes, he did smoke pot n' liked his splenda.

"I won't allow myself to have a fuckin' habit."

Same with me.

Splenda? The sweetener you put in your tea? :book:

i know he o-d though

How can you o-d if you don't do drugs?

Yes, he did smoke pot n' liked his splenda.

"I won't allow myself to have a fuckin' habit."

Same with me.

Splenda? The sweetener you put in your tea? :book:

Means Cocaine

• 4 weeks later...

I think by drugs and models, he was sort of trying to emphasize the "rock star" aspect of Axl Rose. Although his information was not 100% accurate, I think that he was just trying to picture the 80's rock'n roll lifestyle and i don't blame the guy for getting any information wrong.

It's pretty cool that he admires Axl Rose, but then again, so do all of us :)

"Axl Rose. He did tons of drugs, dated tons of models and made the rest of the band bail on him. Rock stars are a thing of the past, but I think Axl would be the biggest feature in the rock-star museum, if they built one."

"tons of drugs?????" uhhhh, that's funny because I- being a damn large gn'r (axl rose, specifically) fan for years and years now never knew axl to be doing "TONS OF DRUGS." Tons of drugs are regular dances with cocaine, heroin, speed, etc. etc. etc. etc.... hmm... last time i checked-- not one w. axl rose was ever known for doing tons of drugs!

god i abso-positiv-a-lutely HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE fucking dork nerd dweebs from these horrible lame bands like "yellow card" trying to talk about something they are clueless about... i will kill ALL OF THEM! AGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!