Mr Izzy Stradlin'

wasted

If anything, Izzy was Guns N' Roses. Brilliant songwriter.

Slash's Snakepit wasn't bad. I don't know why people hate it so much. I mean, comon, Beggars and Hangers On is a fuckin rocking tune.

Why are you bringin Slash and Snakepit into this? :question:

Because people were commenting on ex-Gunners records earlier in the thread and someone said that Snakepit was crap.

I think the reunion maybe not be a reunion. Axl may become the Axis of Evil.

Like GNR on this huge tour with the line up for different shows changing. Ex-members guessting on tracks and maybe a full blown one night stand at the end called "GNR's Last Stand" but that wood be in 5 years time.

Izzy is so cool he can pull off this old style rocknroll and get away with in 2006+

He desrves to be solo

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Matt13
Izzy IS Guns N Roses!!!!!!! I dare anyone to defy this statement. Ask yourself this: What have Guns N' Roses done besides tour(while playing songs Izzy wrote) since Izzy left the band? That's exactly right; pretty much nothing. this guy was the glue of the band and in my opinion he was the song writting genius of the band. If I'm being honest i havent heard anything by VR or new Gn'R that even comes close to Shuffle it All in terms of a timeless song.

I agree, to an extent. But when I look at all the credits on all of the songs from AFD through LIES and into ILLUSIONS, I tend to see ROSE first and foremost on just about all of them. I think Axl doesn't get enough credit for a lot of the old catalog. In my mind, he's the main creative force in GNR... always has been, always will be... much like Trent Reznor is to NIN.

Don't get me wrong, I love Izzy to death... wish he'd stick around permanently.

Can i begin with my stupid theory? :)

Yes Izzy is cool. But i dont think he will come back. And probably the reason why axl wont tell directly "no slash no izzy no duff no steven. no reunion" is that he's afraid to lose many fans. He's waiting fans feedback about the tour so if the band successes this time (thats why he had baz and izzy so this time it would be more special), he can tell the truth.

Great post! You managed to say exactly what iv'e been thinking for the past month. :D

If there IS a reunion at some time in the future (and I think eventually we will see at least a one-time performance with them all again), I can guarantee Izzy would be the one to connect the dots. He's played with Adler, VR and "New" GN'R within the past few years. Really cool guy - and humble enough that he'd allow himself to be credited as a "special guest" while performing material he helped write and record.

Izzy IS Guns N Roses!!!!!!! I dare anyone to defy this statement. Ask yourself this: What have Guns N' Roses done besides tour(while playing songs Izzy wrote) since Izzy left the band? That's exactly right; pretty much nothing. this guy was the glue of the band and in my opinion he was the song writting genius of the band. If I'm being honest i havent heard anything by VR or new Gn'R that even comes close to Shuffle it All in terms of a timeless song.

I think in the old lineup, this is probably true. Although I dont think Shuffle it all is better than well, "Better", but Izzy is definitely the most talented out of the ex-gunners when you put all the solo records up for comparison.

Totally agree with this.

Snakepit was crap. Load was crap. Izzy is a great fucking songwriter.

some of snakepit was good. i got its 5oclock somewhere and i think some of that is quality material

I think in the old lineup, this is probably true. Although I dont think Shuffle it all is better than well, "Better", but Izzy is definitely the most talented out of the ex-gunners when you put all the solo records up for comparison.

Totally agree with this.

Snakepit was crap. Load was crap. Izzy is a great fucking songwriter.

some of snakepit was good. i got its 5oclock somewhere and i think some of that is quality material

Both Snakepit '95 and Snakepit 2000 were GREAT!OOps...ARE great!

If they had a little little hype they'd become number one!!!!!!!!!!