Let's open the gates of hell !!

Gallagher Rose

Lawrence:I hate you for all the youtubes you're posting. :lol: You're seriously ruining the new band for me. To be honest Guns N' Roses will never, NEVER, NEVER, have the attitude, or genuinness or attitude, or whatever else anyone wants to call it, that the old band had. The old band was something different and to anyone who honestly feels this new band embodies that , well all I have to say is that in my opinion you're not a real fan of Gn'R ad you have no clue what the old band was all about.

Attitude and genuiness only ever comes into it after ability, performances, genius lyrical ability, amazing live shows etc etc etc. If you base a band on attitude and geniuness then i feel sory for you. Axl can write better lyrics in 10 minutes than anyone in VR, fact.

And so what? Axl is a lyricist. Slash can write a riff in ten minutes I gaurentee it. Can Axl? No he can't. Lyrics and riffs are all about attitude and how you feel. It's all about emotion and I find the new band to lack a huge amount of emotion. Mostly because I feel they are playing Axl Rose's solo tunes. It's a sham and we all know it. Even the most die hard "new Guns" fan knows this band is all about Axl. the new guys may have a say and may contribute but their contribution ends when Axl says "No I don't think that's good." despite how much the others may like Bumblebee's(Decepticon or Autobot?) or Robin's or Richard's new riff, unless Uncle Axl approves it's not gonna see the light of day. This is not a band, there for it has no attitude. The original Gn'R had loads of attitude and it came axcross in the songs. It came out in the lyrics and in the riffs and in Stevens drums and Duff's bass and Izzy's rythem adn it showed on the album. AFD was Attitude..... the band was attitude first, talent and artistic ability second. Admit it. the band wa fueled by attitude. If you don't see the importance of attiude and genuineness in a band then I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU because you're lending yourself to a world of Nicklebacks and Three Doors Down, Hoobastanks and Simple Plan types of bands. bands with no true attuitdue and nothing genuine about them or their songs.

Well, any good guitarist can write a riff, but not everyone can write good melodies and lyrics.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Lawrence:I hate you for all the youtubes you're posting. :lol: You're seriously ruining the new band for me. To be honest Guns N' Roses will never, NEVER, NEVER, have the attitude, or genuinness or attitude, or whatever else anyone wants to call it, that the old band had. The old band was something different and to anyone who honestly feels this new band embodies that , well all I have to say is that in my opinion you're not a real fan of Gn'R ad you have no clue what the old band was all about.

Attitude and genuiness only ever comes into it after ability, performances, genius lyrical ability, amazing live shows etc etc etc. If you base a band on attitude and geniuness then i feel sory for you. Axl can write better lyrics in 10 minutes than anyone in VR, fact.

And so what? Axl is a lyricist. Slash can write a riff in ten minutes I gaurentee it. Can Axl? No he can't. Lyrics and riffs are all about attitude and how you feel. It's all about emotion and I find the new band to lack a huge amount of emotion. Mostly because I feel they are playing Axl Rose's solo tunes. It's a sham and we all know it. Even the most die hard "new Guns" fan knows this band is all about Axl. the new guys may have a say and may contribute but their contribution ends when Axl says "No I don't think that's good." despite how much the others may like Bumblebee's(Decepticon or Autobot?) or Robin's or Richard's new riff, unless Uncle Axl approves it's not gonna see the light of day. This is not a band, there for it has no attitude. The original Gn'R had loads of attitude and it came axcross in the songs. It came out in the lyrics and in the riffs and in Stevens drums and Duff's bass and Izzy's rythem adn it showed on the album. AFD was Attitude..... the band was attitude first, talent and artistic ability second. Admit it. the band wa fueled by attitude. If you don't see the importance of attiude and genuineness in a band then I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU because you're lending yourself to a world of Nicklebacks and Three Doors Down, Hoobastanks and Simple Plan types of bands. bands with no true attuitdue and nothing genuine about them or their songs.

Well, any good guitarist can write a riff, but not everyone can write good melodies and lyrics.

Ex-fucking-actly

I love the way that people put down Axl to what his voice and stage presence was like 13 years ago. Nobody comments about how Izzy, Steve, Gilby have done fuck all to make the world notice them and Duff, Matt and Slash helped put out an okay album which was nearly 2 and a half years ago now and nothing seems to be happening in the near future. Axl has taken the world by storm and its gradually getting into the press over here which isn't an easy thing to do if you've been out of the lime light for so long. When Guns N' Roses release Chinese Democracy i guarantee it will piss all over the rushed Contraband.

I don't think the rest of the world has been taken by storm...I'd say overall reaction from people that don't follow GnR on the internet has been: :sleeper:

Sorry to disappoint you.

i'd say your right' outside of these forums everyday people dont really wanna know

ps this threads turned into an axl v slash thread' the title is about what we dont like in the new band

Edited by lawrence

Axl can't do anything in 10 minutes...if he could, CD would have been out a decade ago. Fact.

Axl can't do anything in 10 minutes...if he could, CD would have been out a decade ago. Fact.

Why bother posting, because everyone can see your username and will take no notice once you start to bash Axl. Oh and by the way VR are mediocre at best ;)

dude you forget' half these members weren't alive then' they were still an itch in there dads nut sack

i'm pushin 33 now

let me be honest with you

i was as exited as everyone else about the leaks (wich i happen to like)

& about axls comeback

but after watching various downloads & hearing the live performances of this cover band' i'm really dissapointed'

its my birthday next month' my wife was gonna by me some tickets for the nec show as a surprise early present

i'm really glad she didn't' i can think of a thousand more things i'd like'

No, no , no. I don't miss out on that at all. I'm fully aware that this place is littered with young folks who weren't around or maybe weren't old enough to experience even the Illusions era. I'm 28 and I got into G N'R durring the Illusion era which let's face it was BIGGER than the AFD era. This band had eneregy, they had attitude(good or bad) they had chaos, they had danger, they had attitude, they had a genuineness to them that even the "Grunge" bands seeemd to lack. This is somethig the new fans can never understand. NO OFFENCE YOU GUYS(it's just a timeing thing), but the fact is this band now that alot of people hold so dearly as "Guns N' Roses" just doesn't jive with me. It's not Guns N' Roses and in my opinion a true fan, new or old would recognize that. The name Guns N' Roses is the root of the problem. If Axl dropped the name this band would be judged on a more unbiased level, new fans and old fans alike would be more honest in their opinions. Everyone knows this is NOT Guns N' Roses yet some choose to accpet the name use but realise the true nature of the band while others tend to HONESTLY THINK THIS IS GUNS N' ROSES which is absolutely absurd.

i cant see how anyone can deny your comment' best post in the thread

i cant see how anyone can deny your comment' best post in the thread

Why deny it? Axl has done 3 albums in a decade, it's just that they aren't available to the public.

Why bother posting, because everyone can see your username and will take no notice once you start to bash Axl. Oh and by the way VR are mediocre at best ;)

It isn't bashing, it's an observation. As for your VR comment, at least I don't hang out at the VR forum saying that NewGnR are mediocre at best. Stick to the topic at hand.

Get over yourself. Just because I like Slash doesn't mean I think everything he's done is great (unlike Axl fans).

dude you forget' half these members weren't alive then' they were still an itch in there dads nut sack

i'm pushin 33 now

& about axls comeback

but after watching various downloads & hearing the live performances of this cover band' i'm really dissapointed'

its my birthday next month' my wife was gonna by me some tickets for the nec show as a surprise early present

No, no , no. I don't miss out on that at all. I'm fully aware that this place is littered with young folks who weren't around or maybe weren't old enough to experience even the Illusions era. I'm 28 and I got into G N'R durring the Illusion era which let's face it was BIGGER than the AFD era. This band had eneregy, they had attitude(good or bad) they had chaos, they had danger, they had attitude, they had a genuineness to them that even the "Grunge" bands seeemd to lack. This is somethig the new fans can never understand. NO OFFENCE YOU GUYS(it's just a timeing thing), but the fact is this band now that alot of people hold so dearly as "Guns N' Roses" just doesn't jive with me. It's not Guns N' Roses and in my opinion a true fan, new or old would recognize that. The name Guns N' Roses is the root of the problem. If Axl dropped the name this band would be judged on a more unbiased level, new fans and old fans alike would be more honest in their opinions. Everyone knows this is NOT Guns N' Roses yet some choose to accpet the name use but realise the true nature of the band while others tend to HONESTLY THINK THIS IS GUNS N' ROSES which is absolutely absurd.

I'm 22 and sadly i was about 5 when AFD was released but i became a fan when i was about 11 after seeing a live performance of Sweet Child O' Mine. Nobody gives a fuck if you don't like the band still being called Guns N' Roses and do you know why? because you can't do a god damn thing to change it. So insted of whining and bitching about why Axl doesn't drop the name, support the band as they are and that's Guns N' Roses.

Edited by Mama Kin

i'm pushin 33 now

& about axls comeback

good post' lets look at it another way

when rotten left the pistols

jones & cook jokingly called themselves the ex pistols

axl could've used numerous names that coincide with guns n roses

an example- no guns 1 rose

but he couldn't because he'd been hiding away so long

so he had to rip off the old name to gain any credit

ps-not everyone is on the internet so most the people out there who are gonna pay good money to see this band are in for a shock' when the old guys aint there'

Edited by lawrence

Oh boy is this gonna be good getting out all this crap out of me. Um lets see...start from the bottom will you Alex (reminder to mysef) :P

I hate the way these brilliant band members ruin all their talent by pretending to be Guns N' Roses which diminished in 1997. I Hate the way they play Guns N' Roses songs so badly with some unsuitable modern age way (especially You Could Be Mine which was my fave. song and these guys just make the biggest mockery of it :fuckyou: ). Moving on...I hate that ugly freak Robin Finck, when he doesn't have gothic make up he dresses like a fucking clown. I hate how so far all their shows since American tour '02 have been mediocre and not mind blowing...the only mind blowing shows I know of this band are the 2002 shows from Chiba, Osaka, Leeds, Pukkelpop and London (Hong Kong would have been good too I 'm sure).

Oh boy is this gonna be good getting out all this crap out of me. Um lets see...start from the bottom will you Alex (reminder to mysef) :P

I hate the way these brilliant band members ruin all their talent by pretending to be Guns N' Roses which diminished in 1997. I Hate the way they play Guns N' Roses songs so badly with some unsuitable modern age way (especially You Could Be Mine which was my fave. song and these guys just make the biggest mockery of it :fuckyou: ). Moving on...I hate that ugly freak Robin Finck, when he doesn't have gothic make up he dresses like a fucking clown. I hate how so far all their shows since American tour '02 have been mediocre and not mind blowing...the only mind blowing shows I know of this band are the 2002 shows from Chiba, Osaka, Leeds, Pukkelpop and London (Hong Kong would have been good too I 'm sure).

fuckin hell dude' i had to look at you username when i read this' i thought i'd wrote it :rofl-lol:

Have you been living under a rock these last 4 weeks :question:

Ok, clearly a lot of this isn't constructive in the slightest way. There's a difference between listing a couple of things you dislike about the band and expressing an open hatred for the band and it's members.

We're a supportive forum here. Don't like the band? Find somewhere else then.