What happened to all the hype???

Carne_asaDA

During the NY shows, this board was packed. Hell, before the shows were announced this board was somewhat packed. But now after the NY shows are over, there's always like 5 people here. How come there is no hype for the European shows?? What?? Did everybody already get their fix, and are done?? What's up people?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Kids have an attention span of roughly 3 seconds these days. ;)

i'm still waiting for some new audio (concerts) :(

god damn it, anyone have the fulllll dont cry solo? on yousendit? the only one I can find is on rapidshare and that doesnt work for me :(

During the NY shows, this board was packed. Hell, before the shows were announced this board was somewhat packed. But now after the NY shows are over, there's always like 5 people here. How come there is no hype for the European shows?? What?? Did everybody already get their fix, and are done?? What's up people?

Many people was very much into the GnR come back before NY shows because they thought about a reunion but then after the first NY show... a lot of people didn't even buy the tickets...or as in NY they sold them for half price...

Sad but true

That's a very legitimate question. The truth is that it would be very difficult to maintain the level of excitement and intensity that was generated by the NYC shows. Especially given the fact that the album hasn't been released yet. It also has to be kept in mind that these shows aren't a tour in the true sense of the word, meaning in support of newly realeased material. I know the NYC shows were called "warm up" shows but I consider all of the shows in Europe as warm up shows for the eventual(hopefully) tour behind Chinese Democracy.

I think part of it is also that few of us have the opportunity to see anything from these shows. There was plenty of hype surrounding RIR, because we were able to watch the webcast. There was hype around the NYC shows because it was the first gig for GNR since 2002.

Now they're out on tour, and there's nothing to be excited about really until the next big announcement. When that could be is anyone's guess.

I think part of it is also that few of us have the opportunity to see anything from these shows. There was plenty of hype surrounding RIR, because we were able to watch the webcast. There was hype around the NYC shows because it was the first gig for GNR since 2002.

Now they're out on tour, and there's nothing to be excited about really until the next big announcement. When that could be is anyone's guess.

Actually there should be hype in each country they go...step by step... they'll be in Italy tomorrow and there's no hype at all................

When the Guns touch down again here, state side, I think the buzz will reach an all time high. Especially if there's an album release date set. So far it looks like Axl and his management are doing it the right way this time around. Let's hope everything keeps moving in the right direction.

AXL, PLEASE BRING THE GUNS TO HOOSIERVILLE THIS YEAR.

When the Guns touch down again here, state side, I think the buzz will reach an all time high. Especially if there's an album release date set. So far it looks like Axl and his management are doing it the right way this time around. Let's hope everything keeps moving in the right direction.

AXL, PLEASE BRING THE GUNS TO HOOSIERVILLE THIS YEAR.

There will probably be buzz online, but the rest of the US will be going: :sleeper:

It was because it was the start. there was the idea that Axl would bail, or sound like crap or Slash would show up or whatever. It was interesting. It was new. It's pretty much like that with all bands when they start a tour. the first night/week is always amped to the max but after a while things settle down. You just can't expect the hype to sustain itself over a period of an entire tour. I'll gaurentee the hype picks up again when the tour nears the last show. It's only natural. ;)

I was wondering the same myself too Da.

I think the situation here is more or less like when a child wishes a toy, the child is asking for it all the time and waits a long time and once he gets his new and wished toy, he plays with it a couple of days and then throws it to the box with the rest of the toys. I think this could be applied to a lot of people here, especially some of the kids in here.

The fact that this is another tour of old material without an album killed the hype most likely.

that is probably a good reason why the hype is gone yes, brand new songs might not even get played til the us tour..

Or maybe new songs won´t be played untill the release of CD because Axl doesn´t want his record to be in its whole in internet.

The fact that this is another tour of old material without an album killed the hype most likely.

that is probably a good reason why the hype is gone yes, brand new songs might not even get played til the us tour..

I don't really understand the problem here. They're touring before the album comes out in the Autumn. Just like Gn'R did with AFD & UYI.

Think about it, go out on the road, play all the songs from the new album, they're on the net before the band have left the venue - yeah, brilliant idea :book: . Slash mentioned thats why VR didn't play their unreleased stuff even though they were bragging they had so much of it.

R.

It was because it was the start. there was the idea that Axl would bail, or sound like crap or Slash would show up or whatever. It was interesting. It was new. It's pretty much like that with all bands when they start a tour. the first night/week is always amped to the max but after a while things settle down. You just can't expect the hype to sustain itself over a period of an entire tour. I'll gaurentee the hype picks up again when the tour nears the last show. It's only natural. ;)

OR............... everyone could just reread my post to know the real reason why the hype died down....Like I said it happens this way for every band on every tour so.........

Here are the answers, plain and simple:

1.) The new songs are not that good, and they are just as mediocre, if not worse, live.

2.) The absolutely predictable set list from night to night is a bore. I'd love to watch the show, even with the predictability cause I love GN'R (ok, I'll even call this band GN'R), but what is to discuss? Same old, same old.

I bet Axl eats the same breakfast, lunch, and dinner each day. Wouldn't want to take the predictability out of the dude's day.

Pubes.

I think the situation here is more or less like when a child wishes a toy, the child is asking for it all the time and waits a long time and once he gets his new and wished toy, he plays with it a couple of days and then throws it to the box with the rest of the toys. I think this could be applied to a lot of people here, especially some of the kids in here.

I'm not a kid. I was pretty excited before the NYC shows 'cause it was like the beginning of a new era after the 2002 fiasco... But when I saw the set list and the line-up, it was over as far I'm concerned. These guys must play their own material if they want to be respected.

Here are the answers, plain and simple:

1.) The new songs are not that good, and they are just as mediocre, if not worse, live.

2.) The absolutely predictable set list from night to night is a bore. I'd love to watch the show, even with the predictability cause I love GN'R (ok, I'll even call this band GN'R), but what is to discuss? Same old, same old.

I bet Axl eats the same breakfast, lunch, and dinner each day. Wouldn't want to take the predictability out of the dude's day.

Pubes.

You're right. Who cares about AFD played by Finck, Stinson & Co ? Not me.

there are many reasons. first off, most of the people that were here probably didnt even care about GNR, they were just curious. secondly, there were huge rumors of a reunion. there was also the Axl interview that hyped that show the whole time. the new leaks were a huge draw, as well as the chance of new material. sadly, a lot of people were dissapointed because most of that stuff never happened. plus, only true fans who have been waiting for a long time are going to here fore every show, as it happens. i know i will

I think the situation here is more or less like when a child wishes a toy, the child is asking for it all the time and waits a long time and once he gets his new and wished toy, he plays with it a couple of days and then throws it to the box with the rest of the toys.

We're all happy they're on tour and everything, but the new and wished for toy has not been released yet.

Edited by Angelica

I think the situation here is more or less like when a child wishes a toy, the child is asking for it all the time and waits a long time and once he gets his new and wished toy, he plays with it a couple of days and then throws it to the box with the rest of the toys.

We're all happy they're on tour and all, but the new and wished for toy has not been released yet.

It will be, it will be :)