What happened to all the hype???

Carne_asaDA

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference is , me and grandma aren't professional singers fronting a rock band, trying to make a comeback, while singing 20 year old songs. If he insists on playing the same material over and over again, the comparisons are inevitable.

There are many frontmen older than Axl who still sound amazing, and NOT just "good for their age". Tyler, Jagger, Halford come to mind quickly. Right now Axl just sounds "good for his age" and "better than in '02". Like I said, it's still a back-handed compliment.

none of those guys sound the same as they did 20-30 years ago. for better or for worse, people's voices change as they age. And as I said earlier, some of the stuff Axl sounds better on than he did back in the day. Some of it just as good, some of it differnet but still good.

Coming from the same person who had NOOOO complaints about how he sounded in '02. All of a sudden he now sounds even better! And not only that, better than he did when he was in his 20's! :lol:

Don't matter how many times you keep posting the same thing, it doesn't make it true. You can support the band, but you can try and be a little realistic about it, because it just makes you look silly otherwise. Everyone knows what Axl used to sound like and what he sounds like now. It's like you think everyone is a tone deaf fool except for you. Better is not a word most normal objective people would use, no matter how convincing you want to try and be.

Coming from the same person who had NOOOO complaints about how he sounded in '02. All of a sudden he now sounds even better! And not only that, better than he did when he was in his 20's! :lol:

Don't matter how many times you keep posting the same thing, it doesn't make it true. You can support the band, but you can try and be a little realistic about it, because it just makes you look silly otherwise. Everyone knows what Axl used to sound like and what he sounds like now. It's like you think everyone is a tone deaf fool except for you. Better is not a word most normal objective people would use, no matter how convincing you want to try and be.

you read that wrong, i said he sounds better on some of the old material. Sweet Child of Mine, November Rain, Live and Let die, those songs are better sutied for his voice now then they were before. Songs lke YCBM, OTGM, not so much.

And on the new stuff he sounds great. The Blues, Better, IRS. The passion and emotion he puts into the new songs, you can feel it and how much it means to him. I think people will be happier once the album is released and they can play more new stuff.

The difference is , me and grandma aren't professional singers fronting a rock band, trying to make a comeback, while singing 20 year old songs. If he insists on playing the same material over and over again, the comparisons are inevitable.

There are many frontmen older than Axl who still sound amazing, and NOT just "good for their age". Tyler, Jagger, Halford come to mind quickly. Right now Axl just sounds "good for his age" and "better than in '02". Like I said, it's still a back-handed compliment.

none of those guys sound the same as they did 20-30 years ago. for better or for worse, people's voices change as they age. And as I said earlier, some of the stuff Axl sounds better on than he did back in the day. Some of it just as good, some of it differnet but still good.

i give up on this "new gnr" its nothing but a joke. with out slash, duff, gilby or izzy, matt or steven there will never be Guns N' Roses again. GNR died when the Illusion tour ended.....

This will be my last post ever, as far as im concerned Guns N' Roses doesn't exist anymore..

your allowed your opinion dude' theres no need to stop posting though :)

this band isn't his cup of tea. he probably thinks its a waste of time posting on a forum for a band he considers a joke. makes sense to me..

rock on hogg.

its his choice dude'not anyone elses

btw i think ozzy sounds just as good now as he did then

you're right it is his choice, he made it. i respect him for it if all he is going to bring is negativity, if he doens't like the band, why would he post? makes perfect sense. he'll find something else he's as passionate about as he was about Guns, if he hasn't already. Hopefuly he'll still come aroun dand post in anything goes for the people he likes, or the old guns section.

I fucking hate Creed. And I dont post on Creed message boards.

but maybe you should see the moderator's comment in the thread that got locked where you were having your little GNR bash fest.

i wasn't bashing anyone' i was expressing an opinion' YOU dont like others opinions do YOU?

if i dont like a member of the band thats up to me'

if i think they're poor setlists & boring solos' thats up to me

it isn't affecting you or your life in anyway-or is it?

if you want to make out something is better' when its blatently obvious it aint' thats your opinion' i for one aint gonna follow your every post round the forum like you seem to be doing with me & hallucination

so fuck off' you jumped up fucking noob

Edited by lawrence

The UYI tour was also a different time. A time when the band had confidence in their new material, had confidence in their ability to play the songs (whatever songs they decided to play at the moment, not the same songs over and over), and had confidnce that the fans would love whatever they played. None of those are true anymore. The fans now only respond positively to the music they heard 15 years ago, and that isn't a good sign for the future.

I would hope that Axl will get that confidence back (and hopefully soon). The response to the new music has been lukewarm, and that isn't helping the situation any. He needs to play the new music, get the disc released, and give the new band a chance to succeed, because right now he's leading them down a path toward failure.

I dont post on Creed message boards.

Lucky Creed fans. :)

oh hey! I just found out I can get you that 15% discount you needed for the penis enlargment products. PM me once you've ordered with your order # and i'll make sure its done. I know its tough trying trying to make ends meet when you are flipping burgers and working the drive thru for a living :) If i can help in even the slightest way, I feel better about myself.

I dont post on Creed message boards.

Lucky Creed fans. :)

oh hey! I just found out I can get you that 15% discount you needed for the penis enlargment products. PM me once you've ordered with your order # and i'll make sure its done. I know its tough trying trying to make ends meet when you are flipping burgers and working the drive thru for a living :) If i can help in even the slightest way, I feel better about myself.

Why do you post the same immature comments everytime someone owns you? I'd try a new act - this one is old already and I'm a newbie.

Why do you post the same immature comments everytime someone owns you? I'd try a new act - this one is old already and I'm a newbie.

I think he does it purposely to try and get threads locked. :no: Same thing happened just yesterday over at the VR board.

He thinks that if the nasty threads about Uncle Axl are locked, the criticism will dissapear. :laugh:

I think he does it purposely to try and get threads locked. :no: Same thing happened just yesterday over at the VR board.

He thinks that if the nasty threads about Uncle Axl are locked, the criticism will dissapear. :laugh:

yes your right' :rofl-lol:

the main problem is he cant take a difference in opinion'

you are always the one to throw the first insult, usually when you aren't even involved in the discussion. your posts in this section are fucking garbage, whiny bullshit and garbage. you aren't even a real GNR fan, you are a VR fan, so fuck off and go back to the VR section.

you are always the one to throw the first insult, usually when you aren't even involved in the discussion. your posts in this section are fucking garbage, whiny bullshit and garbage. you aren't even a real GNR fan, you are a VR fan, so fuck off and go back to the VR section.

why dont you fuck off' you irritable little prick'

Edited by lawrence

you are the one who doesn't belong.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=73234&st=90

the mod said it, not me

you are the one who doesn't belong.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=73234&st=90

the mod said it, not me

for fucks sake how many times do i have to tell you?

let me break it down for you

the thread title said' what dont you like about the new band

my answer was

i dont like robin butchering the old songs

they aren't playing any new songs

i wont be going to a uk show

DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

NOW IF I DONT WANNA GO TO A SHOW' AINT THAT UP TO ME?

WHAT THE FUCK DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE TO YOU?

is it affecting your life in anyway?

i couldn't give a fuck what a mod says'

& that wasn't directed just at me' i happen to think you got that thread locked anyway' but dont worry there will be more

thats my final word to you-

Edited by lawrence

I think he does it purposely to try and get threads locked. :no:

yet it was your post on page 4 about the Creed board that started this whole thing. I'm the one trying to get threads locked? I was having a debate with a few of the other members who know how to hvae a debate without resorting to petty insults like you do.

I think he does it purposely to try and get threads locked. :no:

yet it was your post on page 4 about the Creed board that started this whole thing. I'm the one trying to get threads locked? I was having a debate with a few of the other members who know how to hvae a debate without resorting to petty insults like you do.

you & debate dont go hand in hand

Edited by Hooded Claw

.. Why do you post the same immature comments everytime someone owns you? I'd try a new act - this one is old already and I'm a newbie.

Why are you posting insulting and disrespectful comments to members and the band? Nobody "owned" A_D. He was polite and civil until the attention-seekers and haters decided to insult him. I don't consider that "owning" him.

I find it really lame that a small - but vocal - number of people insist on polluting the main GNR discussion section with threads and posts trashing the band everybody is here to talk about. Real fans have waited many many years for Axl to make his comeback -- and now that he has, we're not going to allow attention-seekers and cupcakes to diss the band and try to bring everybody down.

If you don't like Axl's new band, then stay in the "GNR Early Days" or "VR" sections - where your interests lie -- if you even like the band at all. Or - find another forum. But this is getting really lame.

There's a difference between constructive criticism -- and people who do nothing but write post after post -- and start thread after thread - trashing the band and its music. Give it a rest. If you don't, we'll give you a "rest" - a long one - from the forum.

*locked*