Robocop

thomase

Leave it to Arnie :P

Robocop allways seemed kinda camp to me :drevil:

Who would win out of Terminator V.s Robocop one on one?

Id say 'T' would do the buisness! B)

T would kick the shit out of campcop.

I love The Terminator, but RoboCop - the movie - is far more satirical and clever.

It's "camp"? That's the point. It's what makes Verhoeven's films (when he still "had it" before he lost it with Showgirls) so enticing. His over-the-top Dutch eccentricities - the OTT violence and gore in RoboCop and all the camp stuff - is a satire of corporate America. Check out the beginning with the news broadcast, how a company has bought the police station, and the entire concept of buying a basically-dead person to turn him into a machine.

It was over-the-top to satirize the media's and public's fascination with gore and violence. A lot of people didn't "get it" back when it came out and a lot of people still don't get it. It fits in snugly with other dystopian future movies, only with a biting comedic edge.

It's a brilliant and misunderstood film. There are essays on it that explain more about all its satirical elements and they are all good points but you can Google them on your own if you care enough.

Leave it to Arnie :P

Robocop allways seemed kinda camp to me :drevil:

Who would win out of Terminator V.s Robocop one on one?

Id say 'T' would do the buisness! B)

T would kick the shit out of campcop.

I love The Terminator, but RoboCop - the movie - is far more satirical and clever.

It's "camp"? That's the point. It's what makes Verhoeven's films (when he still "had it" before he lost it with Showgirls) so enticing. His over-the-top Dutch eccentricities - the OTT violence and gore in RoboCop and all the camp stuff - is a satire of corporate America. Check out the beginning with the news broadcast, how a company has bought the police station, and the entire concept of buying a basically-dead person to turn him into a machine.

It was over-the-top to satirize the media's and public's fascination with gore and violence. A lot of people didn't "get it" back when it came out and a lot of people still don't get it. It fits in snugly with other dystopian future movies, only with a biting comedic edge.

It's a brilliant and misunderstood film. There are essays on it that explain more about all its satirical elements and they are all good points but you can Google them on your own if you care enough.

Dude.......................no................

I meant one on one in a FIGHT!!! ;)