Fortus

Forsaken

Richard Fortus should be the lead guitarist for GN'R. End of story. There should be no Bumblefoot.... GN'R does not need three guitarists. I think the lineup for GN'R would be perfect with Fortus/Finck. Finck should be rhythm and Fortus should be lead.

That is all.

this is a guy who played guitar for N Synch and Britney spears... I have no respect for his emo ass

With comments like that, I have no respect for you.

Get off this board, you clown.

Agreed on that.

But I dont fully agree with you Forsaken.

But IF Bumblefoot wasent in the band i would say Finck as lead and Fortus as rythm.

But im glad Bumblefoot is in Guns N' Roses :)

Edited by Christer Axl

I'm just trying to say I think the new GnR is ok how it is

How are you?!

You just implied you don't like emo, and that Richard Fortus is an emo.

Richard Fortus is in Guns N' Roses so in no way were you saying you like it how it is.

this is a guy who played guitar for N Synch and Britney spears... I have no respect for his emo ass

With comments like that, I have no respect for you.

Get off this board, you clown.

Agreed on that.

But I dont fully agree with you Forsaken.

But IF Bumblefoot wasent in the band i would say Finck as lead and Robin as rythm.

But im glad Bumblefoot is in Guns N' Roses :)

you said Robin as rythm and lead... but yeah Bumblefoot does have his part in the band, and I do think that Robin is a good lead guitarist, being a fan of NIN and liking his work with GnR so far

wow, i don't think i've ever disagreed with you before, but i must say, you're way off the mark this time. sure fortus can play (and robin can do something that resembles playing) but neither of them can write a song.

now i know you're thinking "what about better?". well, that song has an awesome vocal melody, but the guitar is fucking lame. that's some new found glory sounding shit.

have you heard love spit love or solo fortus? i bet you haven't. i'm willing to bet fortus gets songwriting credits on less than 20% of the new songs. way less. he's quite boring when it comes to innovation.

my gut tells me finck may be able to write, but it's yet to be seen, he sure can't play very well.

i'd be shocked if you've listened to any of his (ron's) albums before you posted this, and i'm quite sure you haven't. because about 75% of ron's songs blow away anything out of the new (gnr) material thus far, which is not true for bucket, and not true for VR.

I think the lineup for GN'R would be perfect with Fortus/Finck. Finck should be rhythm and Fortus should be lead.

I agree with that. I really like Richard's playing, and I like him on stage too.

Who cares that he played with 'N*Sync. He was a session guitarist and the guy has to pay the bills. Not like playing for a circus is much better anyway.

Actually, I think a great combo would be Ron on lead and Richard on rhythm. :heart:

dude, if fortus was emo then he'd be in his room, slitting his wrists and mumbling "nobody gets me" incoherently to his collection of "Bullet for my Valentine" CD's Not jumping around the stage like a madman, whacking out some of the most rockin tunes on the face of the planet. Don't judge people by their haircut (Not that it's bad rich, it rocks!) Seriously dude... Rich rocks! :) rock1

SlasH_19...the correct lyrics for Civil War are:

I don't need your civil war

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor

Your power hungry sellin' soldiers

In a human grocery store

Ain't that fresh

I don't need your civil war

Sorry about being so pedantic :P

Anywho I think the three R's are all great guitarists in their own right and think they all belong in GnR (though BBF hasn't been in long he seems like a really cool guy and an awesome guitarist)

Okey, I saw them yesterday in Stockholm. And I have an opinion based on that.

1. Fortus kicks butt! And should probably play the most lead. Great feeling and skills in his solos. And also, he looks totally awsome when he almost spasmicly (is that a word at all?) "attacks" the strings. Great stuff!

2. Bumblefoot is fuckin insanly good! booth emotionwise, technically and actually showwise - he ran around like Axl used to do in the old days. He should play some crazy solos, some emotional and Don't Cry. :)

3. Finck not that good. Rythm if he even fits in the band at all.

I'm indifferent about it. As long as they can cover the tunes well and enjoy it then I'm happy for them. I hope they come out with a great record so we can praise them and talk about there songs. Like Fink with Better. I'm happier talking about that than say who is better Slash or Fink©. It's a real shame Bumble wont be on the record. I don't understand why they dont just do a few songs with him? Go into a studio and lay down some tunes. They must have some.

Richard Fortus should be the lead guitarist for GN'R. End of story. There should be no Bumblefoot.... GN'R does not need three guitarists. I think the lineup for GN'R would be perfect with Fortus/Finck. Finck should be rhythm and Fortus should be lead.

That is all.

Im with you Forsaken!

Though i like all three guitarists i think that 3 guitars sounds too much, i was at the STHLM concert and Fortus just kicked ass! Finck is great when he plays the new stuff that is his work, but when he does the slash solos it just don't sound the same, ofcourse not, because every musician interpret music in his/her own way.

well.

1- Britney plays pop music.

2- Michael Jackson plays pop music.

3- Slash played for Michael Jackson.

1+2+3=No respect for Slash either, right?

I don`t anything about Fortus,but the way he played monday night at the Globe arena was amazing.His playing was great,he was jumping around,just great live performer.Much better that Finck!

Richard has got my respect now.

Definately agree with the poster that a good combo would be to have fortus lead and finck rythm. At donnington Fortus was probably the most impressive guitarist, he had the stage presence and the skills (stil didnt like his solo spot) IMHO ithink that if there were just two guitarists they would sound better and i would have rich on rythm with a few solo's and ron on lead.

This isn't a knock on Finck, i just feel that this would be a wicked combination.