Hail,Hail Rock n Roll - Chuck Berry movie

JONEZY

This was filmed at the Fox Theatre in St. Louis in 1986-87. Keith Richards was the band leader, Robert Cray was also in the band. Special guests were Eric Clapton, Julian Lennon, Linda Rondstadt and others. Its a pretty good documentary/concert film. Especially the interviews with Keith Richards,Bruce Springsteen etc..

Look for the argument between Chuck and Keith at Chuck's house in Wentzville, its classic. Also, while rehearsing some songs, Chuck teaches Keith how to play his songs "Chuck Berry style". Keith wasn't exactly happy, but he didn't get pissed at the legend.

It's frikkin awesome...I have it on VHS.

It's coming out on dvd soon...highly recommended!

Yeah, the DVD is supposed to have at least 1 hour of extra footage from the rehearsals at Chuck Berry's house, and other stuff too. I can't recommend this movie enough! rock3

I saw some of it on Stars Black. Does anyone remember the part when some interviewer asks chuck's wife or whatever, "how long have you been married?" then chucks like, "thats enough, this isnt the time for those questions". something along those lines. i didnt get it..

:drevil:

Has anyone seen "lightning in a bottle"? it somes huge blues concert in new york with all the legends. it was produced by that scorsece guy. i always spell his name wrong. anyway, it was an aawesome documentary.

It's frikkin awesome...I have it on VHS.

It's coming out on dvd soon...highly recommended!

Yeah, the DVD is supposed to have at least 1 hour of extra footage from the rehearsals at Chuck Berry's house, and other stuff too. I can't recommend this movie enough! rock3

it's out,I saw it today

there's a 2 disc version and a 4 disc deluxe version!!

(I'll be going for the 4 disc version)

• 1 month later...