Guns N' Roses (AKA new GNR)

AnEskimo

and i understand that

but calling them by thier name over an album isn't so easy

and i think it would be pretty hard to healine one of the biggest festivals in the wrorld with a realitively unknown line up and an unproven band

they write gnr material, they play gnr songs, they are official members of gnr, and yet thier not called gnr? that makes no sense

everyones gotta start at the bottom...

(*)Velvet Revolver... (even though in their former band they were playing 60,000+ stadiums and arenas)

(*)Queen and Paul Rodgers... (not really queen but more or less, they used to fill out Wembley stadium. now they are playing to 15,000 tops)

not really good examples, but they both have legendary players who have gone from playing huuuuuuge venues... only to be demoted to smaller places because of lack of interest (and being more or less new bands).

Nu Guns on the other hand, are getting to play Rock in Rio, Download, Rock Am Ring etc. Not because of the fantastic new album, Not because of the fucking amazing line-up, but because of the name...

Alot of people think its the original line-up because of the name. and then when the critics review these shows, they slaughter them. WHY? because in their minds, Axl slaughted GnR.

this is why if you want this band to earn the respect they so rightfully deserve (they get my vote after download! rock3 ) a new name shouldve been number one priority! Instead of misleading and milking the name that they are using now...

ahwell, no use crying over spilt milk now, eh? ;)

i disagree' if axl wanted to progress from the old band

why use the same name?

why are the shows 90% old material?

dont sound like progressing to me :drevil:

Exactly

great job reading my post :rolleyes:

Thanks, but I disagree with your post. I dont care when the old members left, they are gone now and thats what matters. The band broke up, its simple as that.

but the band never did

the old members just left

when a break up happens, it happens all at once

this is more like replacing the baby teeth

sure you ate alot of food with the baby teeth, and you get a quarter when thier gone, but new ones grow in

to break up, they'd have to all have been ripped out at once and replaced with dentures, which they haven't, as this line up is pretty permanent

If a few albums had come out, then yeah. People wouldnt really have problem.

but when these 'nu' guys are basically living on the name of other peoples past glories and have nothing to show for it (ATM), people tend to feel angry about it...

are they really living so much off the past glories of gnr?

think about it, they have been seen on the vmas, 2 rock in rio festivals, are headlining festivals all over europe, have played on 4 of 6 continents, had a secret vma preformance, have the legend of chinese democracyand have yet to look anything like the old gnr

i could see if it was like kiss where the new members wear the old member's mae up and pretend like they are the old members on stage,but none of the gnr members have claimed to be better or equal to the old gnr members, and the closest to that was when axl complimented them saying "they've worked pretty fuckin hard to get where they are"

thanks, this is so true

first there is no album.and 6 songs played live from cd is enaugh - for band who is touring without album.

you dont want hear songs like NR,SCOM,KOHD,YCBM,WTTJ,PC,Patience etc. on gnr concert? :drevil:

To correct u lawrence, it´s about 70-75%

And yes Martina, 25-30% is much without an album! One quarter is much. Even if there was an album out by now. When CD is released we can expect one third appatite, one third UI and one third CD. And Patience... :P

not a big difference from now really..

For fucks sake, are you people ever happy?

If new GNR had 33 records and they played 90% of the songs of those records you would complain because you would miss the old tunes. :rolleyes:

When I go to a GNR concert apart from the new tunes I want to hear NR, SCOM,WTTJ...etc because I love those songs. The same happens with another bands, people want to hear the hits because they like them.

For fucks sake, are you people ever happy?

If new GNR had 33 records and they played 90% of the songs of those records you would complain because you would miss the old tunes.

nah,they would complain gnr had too much records out,and that most of songs sounded same.and about setlist being same as previous one,ofcourse. :tongue2:

why use the same name?

Exactly

Thanks, but I disagree with your post. I dont care when the old members left, they are gone now and thats what matters. The band broke up, its simple as that.

but the band never did

sure you ate alot of food with the baby teeth, and you get a quarter when thier gone, but new ones grow in

to break up, they'd have to all have been ripped out at once and replaced with dentures, which they haven't, as this line up is pretty permanent

No, it was a breakup. Bands are different from baby teeth in my opinion, especially one as great as Guns N' Roses. GNR was 5 people who made some of the best music of their time, they influenced thousands if not millions. Youre telling me that these great musicians can just be replaced like baby teeth? No way.

I the understand analogy your trying to make, I just dont think its a good one in this case.

Edited by sweetness

why use the same name?

Exactly

but the band never did

No, it was a breakup. Bands are different from baby teeth in my opinion, especially one as great as Guns N' Roses. GNR was 5 people who made some of the best music of their time, they influenced thousands if not millions. Youre telling me that these great musicians can just be replaced like baby teeth? No way.

I the understand analogy your trying to make, I just dont think its a good one in this case.

i'm not saying so much that they were replaced

i'm justy saying like it or not, thats how it happenned

we'll dispute the break up later

New GNR is the best friggin cover band in the world but suck when it comes to their own original songs. Hey, if you like the demos/leaks, all the more power to you but I'm just not digging them. The songs are, at best decent compared to today's standards but when it comes to matching them up with AFD or UYI they just don't stand a chance. Sure people can say Axl is evolving but people usually evolve for the better, not for the worse. Just my opinion. Again, if you like the new stuff then all the more power to you, i just think the new stuff sucks monkey balls.

why use the same name?

While I'm now neutral about everything in the old GnR/Vr/nu GnR world, lawrence brings up some pretty good points...

except that 5 new songs out of a set with 19-20 songs is not 10% :rofl-lol:

New GNR is the best friggin cover band in the world but suck when it comes to their own original songs. Hey, if you like the demos/leaks, all the more power to you but I'm just not digging them. The songs are, at best decent compared to today's standards but when it comes to matching them up with AFD or UYI they just don't stand a chance. Sure people can say Axl is evolving but people usually evolve for the better, not for the worse. Just my opinion. Again, if you like the new stuff then all the more power to you, i just think the new stuff sucks monkey balls.

I'll bet my left nut Chinese Democracy, when it arrives, will be a HUGE hit....But your entitled to your own opinion.