What's missing from this new Guns N Roses?

Kaneda

Guns are back, playing gig after gig, getting in fights, showing up at forumla one races...etc...but I don't know, my interest in this new band is so much less than the interest I had in the band back in 2002 when they were touring Europe. In fact, I just find this new GNR to be a lot more "blah" and uninspiring than any other GNR that has taken the stage.

The thing is, I don't know why I feel this way, but I just do. It's as if something were missing, but then I think to myself, it's not that anything is missing, it's just that the Guns N Roses fuse has finally expired and the concept of what made Guns N Roses, Guns N Roses, is over.

Do any of you also feel the same way? That this new GNR is border line BORING. Same set list, same clothing, same show night after night. It's Summer 2006, Axl has no new single tied to a major movie, he has no momentum or press except for fighting Tommy Hilfiger and biting a security guard.

I think all of us believed that Axl would only return to the stage to promote an album that was out. But that's not the case and here we are, the same cycle of waiting and waiting. No release date set, no single, no video...the whole thing is boring and tiresome.

You know, I used to remember Guns N Roses, I used to love them, sometimes, when I close my eyes and think hard enough, GNR comes back to me and I can see them up there, on stage, kicking ass, looking like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4luYy4NikE...0Roses%20Jungle

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guns are back, playing gig after gig, getting in fights, showing up at forumla one races...etc...but I don't know, my interest in this new band is so much less than the interest I had in the band back in 2002 when they were touring Europe. In fact, I just find this new GNR to be a lot more "blah" and uninspiring than any other GNR that has taken the stage.

The thing is, I don't know why I feel this way, but I just do. It's as if something were missing, but then I think to myself, it's not that anything is missing, it's just that the Guns N Roses fuse has finally expired and the concept of what made Guns N Roses, Guns N Roses, is over.

Do any of you also feel the same way? That this new GNR is border line BORING. Same set list, same clothing, same show night after night. It's Summer 2006, Axl has no new single tied to a major movie, he has no momentum or press except for fighting Tommy Hilfiger and biting a security guard.

I think all of us believed that Axl would only return to the stage to promote an album that was out. But that's not the case and here we are, the same cycle of waiting and waiting. No release date set, no single, no video...the whole thing is boring and tiresome.

You know, I used to remember Guns N Roses, I used to love them, sometimes, when I close my eyes and think hard enough, GNR comes back to me and I can see them up there, on stage, kicking ass, looking like this...

whats changed? times past, different day, new time...nothing stays the same, maybe u dont like em anymore, maybe u grew out of them, maybe they grew out of u. doesnt require that much analysis. sit down, have a glass of water, look at the band, do u like what u see? if not, stop listening. n that close my eyes n dream shit is jus plain scary. i REALLY think people r unfairly dissin u a lot on this forum cuz u seem to me to be a guy who REALLY loved that old band n thats cool, but its jus NOT a reality anymore dude. u sound like a veteran that couldn't get over 'Nam n ur in danger of ending up like a lot of em, sittin on a park bench with a long shaggy grey beard wearin some shit u took out of a garbage can talkin bout "i remember when".

Edited by marina

This is easy to figure out- you miss Buckethead, the jerseys, and the botox injected face.

This is a new and improved version of 2002 Kaneda. Axl's put together a band that is better than any band out there and his voice sounds great compared to the 2002 short-lived tour.

Sure, we all want the album, but we don't have it and there is no bitching or complaining we can do to make it surface. I just hope the finished product we get when, or if it ever is released is better than anything we have heard in sometime. I would like it to be the benchmark to which every shitty new band or album is compared.

Keep up the Kaneda rants because I, for one, think they are hillarious. Your writing style is funny as hell.

See that vid made me happy. It made me realise that Axl NOWADAYS look better, got cooler clothes and even sing better.

What we missing is the Album, music vids on MTV etc..

Same set list, same clothing, same show night after night.

yeah,they are playing it for you,who is sitting is front of comp,and not for people at concert,who probably heard those songs live first time in their lives.

and also,ALL those people at concert follow gnr boards every day,and know setlist by heart,and think its boring,and ofcourse they dont want hits like SCOM,KOHD,NT,YCBM,WTTJ,PC and others to be played on GNR concert.instead of that they want perfect crime,pretty tied up,garden of eden,down on the farm,double talkin jive and dust n' bones.

yeah,right :rolleyes:

same show night after night.

what do fuck you expect?

every show to be different ? in what way? WHAT THE FUCK?same people ARENT ATTENDING EVERY SHOW ON GNR TOUR.they attend one,maybe too.I'm not talking about diehards here.

''casual'' people hear those songs FIRST TIME LIVE.and next day,next 15.000 people hear SAME SONGS FIRST TIME LIVE.and next,and next.......

Edited by Martina

Slash and Duff. I know a lot of people at this forum disagree, but a band cant be called Guns N' Roses without those guys. Izzy is pretty much with the band again, hopefuly he too can be a full time member.

Uh, who said that this current tour is an official GnR tour to promote the upcoming albums. In my opinion, this current tour serves two purposes:

1. It's a good-bye tour - good-bye to the OLD GnR that is. A tribute to the old GnR. A payback and thankyou for the hardcore fans who love the old GnR stuff. The official CD tour will not have that many 'oldies' on the setlist.

2. A precursor to the 'official' upcoming onslaught of GnR stuff that will hit the airwaves in the fall (or just in time for Christmas!). To introduce the new band (hence the many solos). To get the band used to playing live at large venues together. To get photos and video footage that can be used to promote the new GnR. To test the waters and get fan and critic reactions.

Once CD comes out, you weren't be bored anymore.

Imo: The Album.

I believe your problem is this: they are too stabile theese days. they are no longer a dedecadent rock n roll band. Really, no cancelled shows, not alot of ranting, even when he was arrested the other day it didn't feel like a scandal. They seems sober onstage. They nail the songs. Axl smiles and jokes. the list goes on.

Actually. Nowadays the focus is on the music - not the attitude. I believe what you miss Kaneda is the attitude.

shutup.gif

:rofl-lol: Nothing to add to that.

But on topic, I don't think its the Guns n Roses that are missing something, its you as a fan that is missing the element of Guns n Roses you once craved. But you see, us true fans have that faith in our band, we know that they will give us that thrill and correct me if I'm wrong but I'm enjoying this tour, maybe you should re-analyze yourself as a fan Kaneda.

But on topic, I don't think its the Guns n Roses that are missing something, its you as a fan that is missing the element of Guns n Roses you once craved. But you see, us true fans have that faith in our band, we know that they will give us that thrill and correct me if I'm wrong but I'm enjoying this tour, maybe you should re-analyze yourself as a fan Kaneda.

True, but you have to give it to Kaneda.

He has a lot of balls for saying this.

oh wait......NO HE DOESN'T!!!! :xmassrudolph: