What's missing from this new Guns N Roses?

Kaneda

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's missing from this new Guns N Roses?

Slash and Duff. I know a lot of people at this forum disagree, but a band cant be called Guns N' Roses without those guys. Izzy is pretty much with the band again, hopefuly he too can be a full time member.

Nah, we're fine without 'em.

We're missing a 30 minute Chris Pitman solo. Sorry, had to be done.

*sigh*.....the good old days.....

Take notes kids. THAT'S a rock star. THAT'S a rock band.

How the fuck did you earn that supporters badge thingy? All you do is criticize Axl and bash the band. I thought we should all have Patience 4 Axl.

Edited by mynameisjonas

Yea and in 2002 I saw a rock star rip shit up on stage with the band. :rolleyes:

That''s like saying ham and cheese sanwiches are the best, but I had peanut butter and jelly instead. You get to eat, but it's not as satisfying.

Guns are back, playing gig after gig, getting in fights, showing up at forumla one races...etc...but I don't know, my interest in this new band is so much less than the interest I had in the band back in 2002 when they were touring Europe. In fact, I just find this new GNR to be a lot more "blah" and uninspiring than any other GNR that has taken the stage.

The thing is, I don't know why I feel this way, but I just do. It's as if something were missing, but then I think to myself, it's not that anything is missing, it's just that the Guns N Roses fuse has finally expired and the concept of what made Guns N Roses, Guns N Roses, is over.

Do any of you also feel the same way? That this new GNR is border line BORING. Same set list, same clothing, same show night after night. It's Summer 2006, Axl has no new single tied to a major movie, he has no momentum or press except for fighting Tommy Hilfiger and biting a security guard.

I think all of us believed that Axl would only return to the stage to promote an album that was out. But that's not the case and here we are, the same cycle of waiting and waiting. No release date set, no single, no video...the whole thing is boring and tiresome.

You know, I used to remember Guns N Roses, I used to love them, sometimes, when I close my eyes and think hard enough, GNR comes back to me and I can see them up there, on stage, kicking ass, looking like this...

I'm 99% with you bro. I saw them last saturday at Graspop. The show started pretty awesome but it sounded boring after a while. There where some highlights:Axl's voice, November rain,Ron's solo,The blues,Live and let die,Welcome to the jungle,Knockin' on heavens door and You could be mine. But there where also some elements in the show that frustrated me. The Appetite overdose, Robin Finck's solo's, Axl not talking that much with the audience (Where is the news about cd??), many pauses, the missing of the new songs (beside those 2 they played),same setlist as usual. And those of you who have seen them in 2002 also must have seen that some parts in the 2006 show are the same as in 2002. The intro of the show,the (dragster) video at You could be mine, the end of Paradise city. So what's this tour all about? Promotion for the new album? Band promotion? Or is it because the record company wants some mony after the many delay's of the album? Axl once said during a show (St-Louis 1991) that it will be realy pussy to play Appetite. Now, leave the Appetite songs and play something different. I know that the true G N' R never will come back,but this G N' R will be death very soon if they not gonna change.

How the fuck did you earn that supporters badge thingy? All you do is criticize Axl and bash the band. I thought we should all have Patience 4 Axl.

The Suporter thingy is an error. Eric's going to fix it.

And you don't "earn" it anyway.

Bashing the band and Axl is not ALL I do. I never mention them in the AG section.

'What's missing from this new Guns N Roses?, Just can't put my finger on it...what do you think?'

- Plain out and simple: good songs. The new leaks/demos, in my opinion, are utter crap. If you like them, hey, I can respect that. I just think they suck....... monkey balls.

opinions are like assholes, every body has one!.... even a Slashole fan like you!

'opinions are like assholes, every body has one!'

- Wow! How original!

'.... even a Slashole fan like you!'

- Now that's where you're wrong.... unlike you, I won't jump on Axl's cock everytime he puts something out no matter how bad it is. I listen to music for music. I don't care who sings it or who writes it. As long as it's good I'll listen to it. Believe it or not there's other people out there making better music than the crap the New GNR has put out so far. Seriously, though....... it must really suck to be on Axl's cock all the time..... not being able to listen to other good music and stuff.... I pity you....

'What's missing from this new Guns N Roses?, Just can't put my finger on it...what do you think?'

- Plain out and simple: good songs. The new leaks/demos, in my opinion, are utter crap. If you like them, hey, I can respect that. I just think they suck....... monkey balls.

opinions are like assholes, every body has one!.... even a Slashole fan like you!

Was there a point, or at least an insult in there somewhere? :question:

Reading what some people on this board are bitching about blows my mind. I mean, anyone that saw Axl and Kid Rock do Nightrain knows how fucking great it was. Yet people on here bitch and complain. He sounded awesome, through everysong, plain and simple. So many jealous motherfuckers that weren't able to see him are bitching and bitching. Listen you bootleg bitches, go see this new band, then cry my a river. You don't know shit.

This was a direct quote from our friend Kaneda from 5/17. If you are going to criticize, don't be so fuckin wishy-washy Kaneda!

tippin

Jack's List O' Things That Nu Gn'R Are Missin'

- Backup Singers -

I miss Tracii & Roberta, some songs such as November Rain and Knockin' On Heaven's Door are just not the same without them. And you need some eye-candy on the stage besides Pitman.

A Cool Intro

The 01-02 tour had a pretty cool Exorcist intro but now it's like a Jaws rip-off. I personally would love the intro to be either A) the theme from Kill-Bill when the alarm type music goes off before someone kills someone, or B: An actual announcer.

A New Opener

Jungle gets boring when you hear it 12,000 times. I like the old days when they could open with Nightrain or Perfect Crime. The new shows are wayy too repetitive.

A Single

How can you promote a album without a single. Lay it down. The timing is as perfect as it's gonna be.

We need a single and a cool video and decent air-play.

A Gimmick

The world loves the whole Axl N' Slash thing. They were the dynamic duo. Even back in 01-02 Axl N' Buckethead was a pretty good gimmick. Slash was replaced by a guy with a KFC bucket over his head.

Perfect gimmick.

Edited by Jackamo

Reading what some people on this board are bitching about blows my mind. I mean, anyone that saw Axl and Kid Rock do Nightrain knows how fucking great it was. Yet people on here bitch and complain. He sounded awesome, through everysong, plain and simple. So many jealous motherfuckers that weren't able to see him are bitching and bitching. Listen you bootleg bitches, go see this new band, then cry my a river. You don't know shit.

This was a direct quote from our friend Kaneda from 5/17. If you are going to criticize, don't be so fuckin wishy-washy Kaneda!

tippin

Proof at last that moodswings are what drives this board into a retarded fanbase. Tippin gives us a great example. I'd bring up Lawrence's moodswings when the leaks came out, but he'd just say some icon wrote them, and that they never truly existed.

Many people still try to force things down people's throats on this board. "Take notes kids. THAT'S a rock star. THAT'S a rock band." Take notes? Give it a rest. It's a rock band because you think it's a rock band. Just because you don't like the new band, doesn't make them anything less than rock :rolleyes:. I'll await for the first person to use the Silkworms excuse as a song that's not as rocky as the others. Yawn. We've all heard it before and if people want to think this band is a rock band, then that's their preference. Don't tell people to take notes. That's lame, and really, there's nothing you can do about it.

What is un-fucking-believable is how people on this board claim Axl sounds better now than in 91...I mean, seriously, how can I even continue to discuss topics with such morons?

So don't then! I'm sure I would not be the only one ecstatic to see you leave and not come back. Your points are usually valid, but your insistance on berating the members of this board with your "I don't wanna talk to you morons" bullshit, is why you are so hated!

Fuck You Kaneda! Take it somewhere else!

What is un-fucking-believable is how people on this board claim Axl sounds better now than in 91...I mean, seriously, how can I even continue to discuss topics with such morons?

He does, now he doesn't sound as if his vocal cords have been shredded and that he's trying to sing through broken glass, whilst on 50 fags a day

Guest RonMexico82

We are missing Slash Duff and Izzy. This isn't Guns N Roses. Thats why its boring. Bunch of session musicians that collectively have less stage presence than Slash's hair.