What's missing from this new Guns N Roses?

Kaneda

The Velvet Revolver is more Guns N' Roses statement was ment to be member wise. Also Fuck ya all I seen the Guns in NYC this year and it was amazing. The new songs were great but the highlights were written by SLASH. I don't know about the other shows but the 14th ( I said 17th before but it was the 14th show I was at) the solo to SCOM sucked major cock and was a big fuck u to Slash and fans. Other then that it was Axl who was amazing and a damn good cover band.

I think you are the first person to post about the NYC shows and be 100% honest. It seems like everybody else is kidding themselves talking about Finck's awsome Sweet Child solo.

THANK U SWEETNESS, Its about time to meet someone who feels like I do

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Matt13
Guns are back, playing gig after gig, getting in fights, showing up at forumla one races...etc...but I don't know, my interest in this new band is so much less than the interest I had in the band back in 2002 when they were touring Europe. In fact, I just find this new GNR to be a lot more "blah" and uninspiring than any other GNR that has taken the stage.

The thing is, I don't know why I feel this way, but I just do. It's as if something were missing, but then I think to myself, it's not that anything is missing, it's just that the Guns N Roses fuse has finally expired and the concept of what made Guns N Roses, Guns N Roses, is over.

Do any of you also feel the same way? That this new GNR is border line BORING. Same set list, same clothing, same show night after night. It's Summer 2006, Axl has no new single tied to a major movie, he has no momentum or press except for fighting Tommy Hilfiger and biting a security guard.

I think all of us believed that Axl would only return to the stage to promote an album that was out. But that's not the case and here we are, the same cycle of waiting and waiting. No release date set, no single, no video...the whole thing is boring and tiresome.

You know, I used to remember Guns N Roses, I used to love them, sometimes, when I close my eyes and think hard enough, GNR comes back to me and I can see them up there, on stage, kicking ass, looking like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4luYy4NikE...0Roses%20Jungle

Someone bump the stereo... the record is skipping again.

The Velvet Revolver is more Guns N' Roses statement was ment to be member wise. Also Fuck ya all I seen the Guns in NYC this year and it was amazing. The new songs were great but the highlights were written by SLASH. I don't know about the other shows but the 14th ( I said 17th before but it was the 14th show I was at) the solo to SCOM sucked major cock and was a big fuck u to Slash and fans. Other then that it was Axl who was amazing and a damn good cover band.

I think you are the first person to post about the NYC shows and be 100% honest. It seems like everybody else is kidding themselves talking about Finck's awsome Sweet Child solo.

I think you are the one kidding yourself son. Its all a matter of taste, and for you to say one persons negative review is the honest one over hundreds of positive reviews is just you being a fat fucking hater. Get over yourself.

Reading what some people on this board are bitching about blows my mind. I mean, anyone that saw Axl and Kid Rock do Nightrain knows how fucking great it was. Yet people on here bitch and complain. He sounded awesome, through everysong, plain and simple. So many jealous motherfuckers that weren't able to see him are bitching and bitching. Listen you bootleg bitches, go see this new band, then cry my a river. You don't know shit.

This was a direct quote from our friend Kaneda from 5/17. If you are going to criticize, don't be so fuckin wishy-washy Kaneda!

tippin

Proof at last that moodswings are what drives this board into a retarded fanbase. Tippin gives us a great example. I'd bring up Lawrence's moodswings when the leaks came out, but he'd just say some icon wrote them, and that they never truly existed.

how many times have i got to say it before it gets into that thick skull of yours

I LIKE THE LEAKS

every one of your boring posts in this thread has my name in it :rolleyes:

do you fantasize about lawrence?

you are not getting the bash lawrence reaction you crave from the other members are you?

i put it to everyone AGAIN that you are another member of this forum with a different username

i'm 99% sure who you are aswell :lol:

the words you use & the way you write gives you away' if you are who i think you are

your another one of the backstabbing cunts that dwell here :fuckyou:

you will never silence me-others have tried & failed :rofl-lol:

I never told you to be silent. Obviously, you don't pay attention. I said "moonswings" not "silence." There's a big difference there. Unfortunately, you must not be able to tell what the difference is. Honestly, have any opinion you wish, but at least try to make it something worthwhile for a change. Your little middle finger icons and "everyone's against me!!1!!1 Lolzors!111" rants aren't exactly productive.

I know you liked the leaks. You made that very clear. So clear, in fact, that it came as a shock to this whole board because you said that they brought you "new faith" in the album coming out, and a new positivity about the new band. These comments came after you claimed a billion times that the album never existed? I'm sure everyone around you wants a sniff of whatever you're having after those swings. Now, you're back to the trolling with icons. Yay.

P.S. I've had this username from the start. Of course, you wouldn't know that. I think your rubber walls are calling you now.

all youve done in this thread is criticise me :rofl-lol:

is that your main purpose for being here?

btw- a picture speaks a thousand words

everytime i see your logged into this forum i know your gonna follow my posts around

as i said before no one else is rising to your little hate campaign are they? :rofl-lol:

aren't exactly productive yourself are you? i put it down to jealousy as everyone knows lawrence'

get in the ring mother fucker & i'll kick your bitchy little ass

post14224911431701854ij.gif

ps- whats a moonswing?

there still aint an album is there?

therefore it still does not exist

Edited by lawrence

I don't honestly understand how you can defend Kaneda. Sure, you could share the same opinion as him...but don't you think he has told us his opinion too many a time? Isn't it time to pack it in?

Dickhead. :fuckyou:

Guns are back, playing gig after gig, getting in fights, showing up at forumla one races...etc...but I don't know, my interest in this new band is so much less than the interest I had in the band back in 2002 when they were touring Europe. In fact, I just find this new GNR to be a lot more "blah" and uninspiring than any other GNR that has taken the stage.

The thing is, I don't know why I feel this way, but I just do. It's as if something were missing, but then I think to myself, it's not that anything is missing, it's just that the Guns N Roses fuse has finally expired and the concept of what made Guns N Roses, Guns N Roses, is over.

Do any of you also feel the same way? That this new GNR is border line BORING. Same set list, same clothing, same show night after night. It's Summer 2006, Axl has no new single tied to a major movie, he has no momentum or press except for fighting Tommy Hilfiger and biting a security guard.

I think all of us believed that Axl would only return to the stage to promote an album that was out. But that's not the case and here we are, the same cycle of waiting and waiting. No release date set, no single, no video...the whole thing is boring and tiresome.

You know, I used to remember Guns N Roses, I used to love them, sometimes, when I close my eyes and think hard enough, GNR comes back to me and I can see them up there, on stage, kicking ass, looking like this...

Those days Axl looked like a little bitch compared to now.

It will never be the same. You are only young once as they say. That was a band that was young and hungry, talented and had a chip on their shoulder, but guess what? 1988 is over.

I think even if we had a reunion it wouldn't quite be like it was back in 1988. It would be better than what we have today though. A reunion isn't happening however, therefore it's something us old school fans need to accept. I mean, what is the alternative? To complain all the time?

The new band is still pretty cool. It's as close as we are going to get to GN'R and I'd rather have that than nothing. The shows are really easy for me to enjoy. In fact, the May 14th show was the best show I have ever been to. If I had the cash I'd be going to more of them.

Am I a bit pissed it's Finck and Stinson up there, and not Slash and Duff? Sure. As you can see the current state of affairs is not what I'd call ideal, but either you take those lemons and make lemonaid or you suck on a sour lemon and cry about it. Finck's butchering of solos drives me nuts too, and sometimes he looks silly with the faces he makes. Then again at other times he looks almost as cool as Slash, and he can write some pretty cool solos that fit with what GN'R has always been and should always be. You take the good with the bad.

Edited by KBear

Yeah I agree. I'll still get the album though

I don't honestly understand how you can defend Kaneda. Sure, you could share the same opinion as him...but don't you think he has told us his opinion too many a time? Isn't it time to pack it in?

There are other people for and against the new band that need to pack it in as well - no need to point out 1 person.

There are other people for and against the new band that need to pack it in as well - no need to point out 1 person.

Yeah but Kaneda does it the most frequently.

What's wrong with supporting the band? Sure it would be annoying if you did multiple threads about it, JUST LIKE KANEDA

:rolleyes:

Also this forum is about the current state of Guns N' Roses. If you don't like it, then STAY THE FUCK OUT OF THIS SECTION!

Go to the Old Gunners section. :)

Edited by GNR'R

What's wrong with supporting the band? Sure it would be annoying if you did multiple threads about it, JUST LIKE KANEDA

Also this forum is about the current state of Guns N' Roses. If you don't like it, then STAY THE FUCK OUT OF THIS SECTION!

sorry' but you dont run this place

so you cant tell people what to do :shades:

sorry' but you dont run this place

so you cant tell people what to do :shades:

...neither do I but he's got a point ;)

Lawrence, you not going to Birmingham mate for GNR, go on, you might just enjoy yourself!! :xmasssanta:

UK SUBS.

no mate' i'm having a new bike on july 10th'

so all my pennys are being spent on that :)

I think you are the one kidding yourself son. Its all a matter of taste, and for you to say one persons negative review is the honest one over hundreds of positive reviews is just you being a fat fucking hater. Get over yourself.

Calm down, Im only trying to be realistic about Fincks playing. I think hes good, but not nearly as good as people make him out to be, hes very overrated on this forum. Fortus would make a much better lead guitarist in my opinion.

Edited by sweetness

Calm down, Im only trying to be realistic about Fincks playing. I think hes good, but not nearly as good as people make him out to be, hes very overrated on this forum. Fortus would make a much better lead guitarist in my opinion.

I agree with this. Finck is good in a way, but I think Fortus should be the main guy on leads.

Yes indeed

Look at this board. Filled with conflicts. Where the hell are the brotherhood!? Yes, I know this is a place for discussions, opinions etc. But all our opinions end up in conflicts. They rarely give us that feeling of a brotherhood, and to share that feeling with others. I miss that, and I know a lot of U do.

It´s ok to have opinions. A lot of us still love Axl. That´s a part of why we´re here. But when u read in the papers "Hasn´t that fat botox-faced pre rocker realised that it´s over. The end" you get pissed. Those times you need that brotherhood support normal fans can give each other. Then you go to this forum and search for it, but what you get is the same thing as reading the papers..

I miss that as much as I want the album to be out.

I can´t understand why people are so pissed at Axl and his band. Yeah, I know what I´m writing!

"Axl and his band". It´s not a real band. And it can´t be as long as we can´t accept it.

WE make it harder for us to love this band. WE are creating an atmosphere where we don´t actually want to be.

Why?

I don´t know.

But I do care...

I saw the band in Paris 9 days ago, and Axl is like a bored millionaire who's looking for a hobby.

LOL!

agree on that one...not the same energy on stage from the man...It all look so fake..

But I would go to another show.