VR took 10+ years as well

knightrider

For those who complain about why Axl has taken so long, well, if you consider that VR is the first album produced by the 'old GnR', then you can almost argue that it's taken Slash, Duff, and Matt 10+ years as well to collectively put out an old style GnR type album. VR is the direction that Slash, Duff, and Matt would have taken GnR.

Independently, over the years these guys have produced their own albums, but we all know how bad they were. Heck, let's admit it...their individual works sucks! It just goes to show that anybody can put out an album after an album but it takes real innovative creativity to produce art that will be remembered.

So, in 10+ years, you can almost argue that Axl has produced more materials then the old GnR. Well, atleast we can bet on Axl's work to be more memoriable.

Axl has 3+ albums worth of material. He could have released over the years these albums, but he chose not to. He has chosen to release them at a point where the new GnR was ready and the materials on the album were the best that they could possibly be. Just imagine what some of the new songs must have sounded like 7 or 10 years ago.

Once Santa Clause delivers the new GnR merchandise and albums, we all weren't be able to keep up!

Peace!

Edited by knightrider

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup....that's....errmmm....logical.

not.

Whilst im not a massive fan of what the other guys have done since.

If you got the best snakpit riffs, 2 or 3 of the better VR songs (delete scott W and let Ax do his thang), the best Izzy songs (would be much better with Slash and Axl singing....cos the actual songs are top notch) ...the best from Duffs solo stuff, and add a handfull of Axl's songs.

Voila 3 or 4 fantastic GNR albums.

The new CD 's will have to be as good as that mix IMHO for me to see whay the old band had to be forced out.

Anyway you idea that VR took 10 yrs is silly. :no:

That's a pretty shitty argument. VR were formed in what, 2003? It took them a year or so to get an album out. Would've been considerably less if they could find a good frontman in time. Just because the guys all did solo work before starting up VR doesn't mean that VR was their ultimate goal, it came about after they all hooked up at that charity gig remember.

It's possible that in 3 years VR will have had two albums out before Axl (Libertad is scheduled for this autumn, in theory, so y'know..)

Edited by Slash's Appetite

well knightrider: No. Slash's Snakepit (escpecially Ain't Life Grand) is kick ass! great stuff! I happen to like Neurotic Outsiders to. Izzy have put out a lot of crap but also a few good songs here and there. Loaded is well.. not that good. But all in all, you can't say that they taken so long because they released stuff in the meantime.

well knightrider: No. Slash's Snakepit (escpecially Ain't Life Grand) is kick ass! great stuff! I happen to like Neurotic Outsiders to. Izzy have put out a lot of crap but also a few good songs here and there. Loaded is well.. not that good. But all in all, you can't say that they taken so long because they released stuff in the meantime.

I take it you are into the punk sound.

It just goes to show that anybody can put out an album after an album but it takes real innovative creativity to produce art that will be remembered.

and that is why VR sucks ass

i didnt like duff or slash's solo work, but i really enjoyed Izzy's solo work

if VR is GNR,as some people like to say,why arent they popular as in 80s n' 90s & have huge hits like in 80s n' 80s ?

talent didnt go nowhere,right?

whatever happened to having fun playing music with your band? Rather than locking yourself in a malibu barbie dream house and spending a decade creating orchestral masterpieces that you're afraid people wont like...

if VR is GNR,as some people like to say,why arent they popular as in 80s n' 90s & have huge hits like in 80s n' 80s ?

whatever happened to having fun playing music with your band? Rather than locking yourself in a malibu barbie dream house and spending a decade creating orchestral masterpieces that you're afraid people wont like...

:rofl-lol:

Do you really think that if Appetite was released this day and age, it would be a huge success like it was in the 80's???? :rolleyes:

They've had a lot of success and just because they're not as big as some rock n roll bands were back in the day doesn't mean that what they've accomplished isn't amazing. Contraband is what? 3 times platinum?

We'll see how many number 1s GNR get in the single charts and how many albums sell. I bet it won't be nearly as many as back in the 80's/90's. That's just the way the music industry is today.

please explain.

:lol: well....some people say VR is more GNR of today,that axl&others are GNR.....get that?

thats because slash&duff are there.we cant count matt,because people say axl is the only one in gnr today, from old crew,but if you count matt in VR,than you have to count dizzy in todays gnr,right?

and I'm wondering,why arent they mega popular as they used to be,since they are more gnr than todays acctual gnr?

wait I'm confuzed right now ,I dont really know how to explain my point :confused:

@manson : axl is axl.those years probably helped him to solve problems n shit.dont know what to say....

lets focuse on today.today is for tommorow.past was for today.

Do you really think that if Appetite was released this day and age, it would be a huge success like it was in the 80's???? :rolleyes:

Yes.

The fact that AFD continues to sell more than 3,000 copies a week in the U.S. alone (according to Nielsen Soundscan) proves the music is timeless. How many albums do you know that continue to sell that many copies a week almost 20 years after their release?

Yes.

The fact that AFD continues to sell more than 3,000 copies a week in the U.S. alone (according to Nielsen Soundscan) proves the music is timeless. How many albums do you know that continue to sell that many copies a week almost 20 years after their release?

What about the "impact" that the album had. Just because it sells 3k a year now doesn't mean the same thing.

Yes.

It has the fame and legacy behind it now though. I very much doubt that, as great as AFD is, if it came out in this day and age it would be regarded so highly. It's one of those albums which was out at the right time and just connected with the era. The impact today would be significantly less, I think.