VR took 10+ years as well

knightrider

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you really think that if Appetite was released this day and age, it would be a huge success like it was in the 80's???? :rolleyes:

Yes.

The fact that AFD continues to sell more than 3,000 copies a week in the U.S. alone (according to Nielsen Soundscan) proves the music is timeless. How many albums do you know that continue to sell that many copies a week almost 20 years after their release?

It has the fame and legacy behind it now though. I very much doubt that, as great as AFD is, if it came out in this day and age it would be regarded so highly. It's one of those albums which was out at the right time and just connected with the era. The impact today would be significantly less, I think.

There have been albums that have came out since 1987 that are musically better than AFD, but have not had the impact on music. Why?? Because it all depends on the state of the music industry. Like I said Right Time, Right Place.

if VR is GNR,as some people like to say,why arent they popular as in 80s n' 90s & have huge hits like in 80s n' 80s ?

talent didnt go nowhere,right?

Do you really think that if Appetite was released this day and age, it would be a huge success like it was in the 80's???? :rolleyes:

Yes.

VR did not take 10+ years to make an album simple because of the fact that they were formed only in 2003..

they got scott in 2003 i think so technically tats jus one year to make an album not 10

if VR is GNR,as some people like to say,why arent they popular as in 80s n' 90s & have huge hits like in 80s n' 80s ?

talent didnt go nowhere,right?

please explain.

:lol: well....some people say VR is more GNR of today,that axl&others are GNR.....get that?

thats because slash&duff are there.we cant count matt,because people say axl is the only one in gnr today, from old crew,but if you count matt in VR,than you have to count dizzy in todays gnr,right?

and I'm wondering,why arent they mega popular as they used to be,since they are more gnr than todays acctual gnr?

wait I'm confuzed right now ,I dont really know how to explain my point :confused:

@manson : axl is axl.those years probably helped him to solve problems n shit.dont know what to say....

lets focuse on today.today is for tommorow.past was for today.

matt sorum was recognized as a member of gnr as he was simple replacin steven whilst dizzy was not replacin anyone.the original gnr line up did not have any keyboardists, maybe thats the reason..

hey Slash's Snakepit was some fucking great album... maybe exept the singer on It's Five O'Clock Somewhere but still fucking awesome music, Izzy's albums kicks ass and Gilby's stuff as well... I didn't like Duff's stuff, exept there were two songs I like from Duff, Punk Rock Song and Shining Down

Actually I can't see how u can say it took 10 years...all the guys were busy doing other stuff!

They didn't spend the last years hiding in their mansions!

And also CD is not out yet........

is axls life mission to release cd every 2 years ?

SO WHAT if his career stopped in thos 10 years? like you know what was he doing in that time.

i just cant wait for CD to hit store shelves, then i wont have to read all these posts saying that VR is so great. when Chinese Democracy hits, VR will be history(oh yes, they will still release material, but it wont sell half as good as anything Axl releases)

Edited by fridayfan13

Actually I can't see how u can say it took 10 years...all the guys were busy doing other stuff!

They didn't spend the last years hiding in their mansions!

And also CD is not out yet........

is axls life mission to release cd every 2 years ?

SO WHAT if his career stopped in thos 10 years? like you know what was he doing in that time.

Playing with a rubix cube?

Are you kidding? It took them a month to make Contreband.

Cuntraband :P

Witty.

It's right up there with $lash.

It's great to see people putting their talents to good use on here.

God forbid they should actually find a purpose.

Maybe they actually think THIS is it!