It's impossible to please everyone...(Inc Richard email)

Axl_morris

Talking to fans at the shows, and reading through threads. People are FAR TO FUCKING PICKY. If someone points out something so minor they flame Axl for it, example "loose the confetti", "Play more new songs", "play something we know", "wear differant clothes", "Less solos at the shows" "Beutiful sucks". And I know they're is litterally hundreds more. If Axl changes something YOU don't like, a bunch of fans will be dissapointed about what it ever it is because it's changed. People argue about things they know nothing about, the biggest being "where's the album", there's obviously an explination to why it's not out. And with an insecure set BAND it's obviously going to take longer.

But it's when people complain about the smallest things. I mean someone will go to a show, enjoy themselves and come on the interenet and say "I didn't like Axl's shirt that he wore in the blues". Does it matter? The most elusive man in music is playing a rock show a few meters away and your complaining? And your supposed to be a fan? Now, that's just one example, many other minor things people bitch about.

It's gets to a stage where Axl has to rant about it since 2001.

I aksed Richard about Beutiful, I like it, everyone can have an opinion. I told him I liked it, here's what he had to say.

Hi Gordon,

Ya know, we get a lot of shit for doing that song! Fuck em! it's a

great melody. Christine Aguilera didn't write it, this friend of mine

called Linda Perry (4 non Blondes), wrote it. The first time i heard

it on the radio, I thought that Jeff Beck would do a really lovely

version. So, when Robin and I were looking for a song to do together,

I thought of that one. I'd only heard it on the radio once or twice.

I don't think it was that popular in the US. I think it's hilarious

that it's Christine Aguilera! Seems like most people don't think it's

very funny though. Again, fuck 'em if they can't take a joke! I like

the song and I think we do a great version. Really glad to hear that

you agree. THanks for your kind words. Oh, and yes, i do break

strings! THough i use really heavy strings and change them every day.

Look forward to seeing you at Wembley! Those shows will be great, just

because they are the last ones! Plus, it's London. Gn'R loves London!

richard

Edited by Axl_morris

You posted that reply already from Fortus, didn't you?

I like Fortus alot. Wish he would get to do more.

Yeah but the forum was hacked not long after so not many people would have seen it. And it sorta back up the point at there is discussion and they'res flaming the band for things like beutiful so much the band are getting pissed off at people complaining.

I'm glad he has a solo unlike in 2002.

Hi Gordon,

Ya know, we get a lot of shit for doing that song! Fuck em! it's a

great melody. Christine Aguilera didn't write it, this friend of mine

called Linda Perry (4 non Blondes), wrote it. The first time i heard

it on the radio, I thought that Jeff Beck would do a really lovely

version. So, when Robin and I were looking for a song to do together,

I thought of that one. I'd only heard it on the radio once or twice.

I don't think it was that popular in the US. I think it's hilarious

that it's Christine Aguilera! Seems like most people don't think it's

very funny though. Again, fuck 'em if they can't take a joke! I like

the song and I think we do a great version. Really glad to hear that

you agree. THanks for your kind words. Oh, and yes, i do break

strings! THough i use really heavy strings and change them every day.

Look forward to seeing you at Wembley! Those shows will be great, just

because they are the last ones! Plus, it's London. Gn'R loves London!

richard

He should have said....FUCK KANEDA :lol:

Fortus fucking Rocks rock2

Talking to fans at the shows, and reading through threads. People are FAR TO FUCKING PICKY. If someone points out something so minor they flame Axl for it, example "loose the confetti", "Play more new songs", "play something we know", "wear differant clothes", "Less solos at the shows" "Beutiful sucks". And I know they're is litterally hundreds more. If Axl changes something YOU don't like, a bunch of fans will be dissapointed about what it ever it is because it's changed. People argue about things they know nothing about, the biggest being "where's the album", there's obviously an explination to why it's not out. And with an insecure set BAND it's obviously going to take longer.

You are WAY off base my friend. If they lost the confetti, didnt play Beautiful, played more songs, lost the solos, wore different clothes, and changed the fuckin setlist once every 5 years, DO YOU REALLY THINK ANYONE WOULD COMPLAIN????? would you?

I don't think that "play some new material" is being too picky. :rolleyes:

Try not to make your new band look like a karaoke cover band.

Yes, it´s being "to picky"!

Lets have the thought that CD was released. How many CD songs do U think they should play at a gig?

5? 10? 15?

Think of this. How many appatite songs did they play during the UYI-tour?

Like....10? At least HALF of the songs were appatite songs.

Now these new songs they have made(and played) have to fight for a place with material of at lest three other albums(appatite and UYI).

How many songs did Maiden play after they released their new album?

Answer: THREE.(3)!

EVEN IF CD WAS RELEASED IT WOULD BE NORMAL TO JUST PLAY LIKE 5 CD SONGS!!!!!!

And why play new songs when half of the "fans" still want to live in the past

This is not just pitty. It´s UNLOGICAL. STUPID.

Edited by shootingstar

Rubbish. On the first show back they played 6 new songs and people were dissapointed. They play usually 4 or 5 new songs per show. I think that's fair enough, because if they played more new songs and missed out things like 'Rocket Queen', 'You Could Be Mine' and 'Patience' people would complain.

I agree that people need to stop complaining about every fuckin' thing going on and just appreciate the fact that they are watching Guns N' Roses perform live. Oh and can I just point out that when Izzy is onstage with them there is as many primetime GN'R members in this band as there are in Velvet Revolver so why can't it be GN'R? Idiots.

Anyway, does anyone else love the fact that Dizzy gets a solo now? I think he's fuckin' brilliant at it!

Im with you on this one Axl_morris... everybody should just enjoy what we´re living (even from the distance, like me)... GNR are not gonna change a shit for our complains... lets enjoy it. I know its almost the same set list at every gig... but it is an amazing set list so far!!!!!!!!!!!

Cd is on its way out... be patience.

Hehehehe,Richard is so cool good to know that he's friend of Linday Perry (in my opinon one of the best female song writers in the businnes) rock3

And i like the version of Beautiful that they're doing i think is a wonderful song with a great vibe!!

Richard rocks! rock1

Hello Caluca good to see you man.. :)

Hehehehe,Richard is so cool good to know that he's friend of Linday Perry (in my opinon one of the best female song writers in the businnes) rock3

And i like the version of Beautiful that they're doing i think is a wonderful song with a great vibe!!

Richard rocks! rock1

And maybe the best female singer also!

As for the Beautiful version...well I don't care if it's Christina Aguilera, I like the song pretty much... but the original one is WAY BETTER!

The F-F version is boring.

Richard rocks! rock1

Nathalie, sweet heart, good to see you.... are we meeting at L.A. on sep 23rd?????????

Guest RonMexico82

Fortus hasn't a fucking clue what Guns N Roses means. He can take his beautiful solo and shove it up his ass.

Fortus hasn't a fucking clue what Guns N Roses means. He can take his beautiful solo and shove it up his ass.

Guns N' Roses has always been a band that has expressed its ambition musically and artistically without giving a fuckin' fuck how close-minded fans and prick critics think about them or their efforts.

That's what Guns N' Roses has always represented to me.

It seems that to others (people like you), GN'R have to follow that 'Rock N' Roll stereotype' in order to be cool.

Fuck that. :rolleyes:

Edited by IndiannaRose

Nope, yer right... hasn't a clue, he's only been in the band 5 years.. he still doesn't have a clue what they're all about... Jeez! It's a duel solo, they could do it over anything, he's just putting a new angle on his friend's song give him a break dammit! Fortus is a legend!

Edited by Graeme

Richard rocks! rock1

Nathalie, sweet heart, good to see you.... are we meeting at L.A. on sep 23rd?????????

:D I hope so...Let's see if my damn passport is ready before that date!! <_<

I'm praying every night to get it soon!! :lol:

A good song is a good song. When I first heard "Beautiful" as played by Richard and Robin, I thought it was great. I didn't know who it was by. When I found out, I was ashamed of myself, but I know now that was an ignorant response. If I judged the song by who sang it, I would be no better than those that slag Axl for calling the new band GN'R.

Rubbish. On the first show back they played 6 new songs and people were dissapointed. They play usually 4 or 5 new songs per show. I think that's fair enough, because if they played more new songs and missed out things like 'Rocket Queen', 'You Could Be Mine' and 'Patience' people would complain.

I agree that people need to stop complaining about every fuckin' thing going on and just appreciate the fact that they are watching Guns N' Roses perform live. Oh and can I just point out that when Izzy is onstage with them there is as many primetime GN'R members in this band as there are in Velvet Revolver so why can't it be GN'R? Idiots.

Anyway, does anyone else love the fact that Dizzy gets a solo now? I think he's fuckin' brilliant at it!

Thank U Mr. W. Axl Kev!!!!

Guns N' Roses has always been a band that has expressed its ambition musically and artistically without giving a fuckin' fuck how close-minded fans and prick critics think about them or their efforts.

That's what Guns N' Roses has always represented to me.

It seems that to others (people like you), GN'R have to follow that 'Rock N' Roll stereotype' in order to be cool.

Fuck that. :rolleyes:

So true.

The 'Beautiful' solo is one of the best things about the setlist in my books, along with Ron playing Don't Cry. It's a refreshing change.