Is CD gonna be Gn'R's "Rock in a Hard Place"?

adnan

Both albums took ages to finish and had troubled times, yeah I know it took 3 years, but that was a long time in the late 70's/early 80's.

Anyway, both albums suffered from the loss of key members and Rock in a Hard Place fell far short of Platinum, and this was at a time when Aerosmith were HUGE arena rock stars. I'm just hoping that Gn'R will sell well regardless of the amount of members missing. What do you think?

Edited by adnan

It will never be much of a success - it will be lucky to recoup its budget so far. I think a lot of people will buy it, but a lot of people will download it or burn it off a friend. Plus, there are so many Axl haters out there, that a lot of people will probably download it just to spite him.

I'm less worried how it will do financially and more concerned whether it will be a masterpiece. I think if the music is strong enough, sales will follow. Even if it doesn't immediately make back its costs, in the long run it will. Plus, GN'R will no doubt make profits from another tour and so on and so forth.

It's more like GNR skipped those two snakepit albums and Izzy's solo career and now they are ready to release Pump. It's like mid-period Stones is Snakepit/Izzy records and now the are gonna release a real record but in that time all the members left but there's this new band. You read interviews and it seems like GNR were over in 91 really.

It's more like GNR skipped those two snakepit albums and Izzy's solo career and now they are ready to release Pump. It's like mid-period Stones is Snakepit/Izzy records and now the are gonna release a real record but in that time all the members left but there's this new band. You read interviews and it seems like GNR were over in 91 really.

Not true. By my accounts, they were more or less over around the time SFTD. They started to fade around mid 1993...

But according to Slash, Izzy left and he had considered leaving and then he went out on tour and then it was over and from then on it was in the air. But the doubts were there before UYI. So UYI was a last fling and the tour was some kind of nightmare as they describe it. No Steven, Izzy leaves, Axl in own world. Just Slash and Duff left to drink themselves to death.

But according to Slash, Izzy left and he had considered leaving and then he went out on tour and then it was over and from then on it was in the air. But the doubts were there before UYI. So UYI was a last fling and the tour was some kind of nightmare as they describe it. No Steven, Izzy leaves, Axl in own world. Just Slash and Duff left to drink themselves to death.

That was a part of the build up of the fall of the band, but I was refering to the evolution of music and the evolving world.

GnR, no matter was most people say, sold out to some extent. They sort of lost there roots to what they were doing. Things like November Rain, Big Videos etc. People didnt like it, it was big and bloated.

And then you had the 'Grunge' revolution and alternative crew. People were getting bored of GnR style music and the epic-ness didnt help much either.

And then the creational side was lost. I mean, TSI, SFTD...? After that, they had fallen down and there was no way of picking themselves up.

I still reckon to this day, that if they didnt make UYI (they are still awesome albums though) and instead they made AFD 2 (a more organic, honest record) then they wouldve wiped the floor with Nirvana and grunge wouldnt have happened.

just my 2 cents though...