gnr Renunion more then myth?

gnrfan4life3690

http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/172/487...#39;-Roses.html

Guns N' Roses Renunion Rumors Weren't Far From Truth

Despite Slash recently claiming that he is at a loss as to where the Guns N' Roses reunion rumors are coming from, it seems that they continue to slowly gain momentum.

As was reported a little while back there was considerable talk suggesting that the so called 'classic' GNR lineup was to play last months' Download Festival in the UK, which of course, didn't happen.

The current incarnation of the band, however, did play, and after battling through some sound issues were joined onstage by original Gun Izzy Stradlin for ripping renditions of "Think About You, Smoke on the Water/Patience, Nightrain, Used to Love Her, and, of course, Paradise City. Izzy's appearance wasn't a great surprise as the guitarist did join the band on stage for their comeback shows at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York in May, but he has continued to consistently appear throughout this leg of the European tour, a site that must surely warm the hearts of the still considerable GNR faithful.

However, according to Classic Rock magazine, via a GNR insider, recent attempts were indeed made by Axl Rose to reform the original band for shows at the Hammersmith Apollo in London, and then again for the Download Festival at Donnington Park. The magazine also reported that both were allegedly to be filmed and released on DVD with an accompanying live album to mark the 20th anniversary of the band forming. As the story goes, all parties were interested until the fine print of the contracts were examined. Apparently, despite the shows and the potential earning power of the subsequent CD/DVD sales, in agreeing to the terms and conditions, each member then agrees that all rights to the entire Guns N' Roses back catalogue would henceforth transfer to Axl.

Needless to stay, negotiations stalled, but rumors persist that the lads will play the Hammersmith in the English summer and that there will be a live album preceding the eventual release of Chinese Democracy.

SOURCE: stereoboard.com

Interesting.

All of this fits with what I was told by a reliable source (which I posted here) prior to the Hammerstein shows -- except for the part about Donnington. I was told the talks were for Slash to rejoin after the European tour was over. But who knows.

via a GNR insider, recent attempts were indeed made by Axl Rose to reform the original band .......... Apparently, despite the shows and the potential earning power of the subsequent CD/DVD sales, in agreeing to the terms and conditions, each member then agrees that all rights to the entire Guns N' Roses back catalogue would henceforth transfer to Axl.

I remember reading this before. If it's true, then it just goes to show that indeed Slash is NOT in it for the money. He should not be forced to relinquish his rights to the songs that he helped create just to appear on stage again with Axl Rose.

If they did reach some agreement though, and Slash does ever decide to join them on stage, I really hope Robin wouldn't be there. Bow out gracefully and let the master work his magic. B)

This line up is Guns N' Fuckin' Roses, accept it alfuckin'ready. Reunion will not happen.

Oh, it will. Maybe not now - but there will definately be a reunion some day.

I disagree, never going to happen because members are in a better place now, GnR has it's members and don't need to change them rock3

This line up is Guns N' Fuckin' Roses, accept it alfuckin'ready. Reunion will not happen.

I disagree, never going to happen because members are in a better place now, GnR has it's members and don't need to change them rock3

I don't think that Guns N' Roses will reunite as a creative force. Perhaps the idea has been tossed around, but I don't believe it will come to fruition.

However, I think it's inevitable that a 'reunion tour' will happen somewhere down the track. There's too much on offer for it not to happen. ;)

well there hasnt been much talk on the american leg of the tour, maybe thats when it may happen? idk im just a dreamer i guess. but maybe all the orginal memebers grew up, put their differences aside and hopefully relize the high demand for GnR to be rightfully and truthfully be back.

yea off the topic a little, but for all you people who say GnR arnt metal, i found this in a METAL (not rock) but metal web site. so i guess they are a lil metal

guns n' roses is rock and metal

I don't think that Guns N' Roses will reunite as a creative force. Perhaps the idea has been tossed around, but I don't believe it will come to fruition.

However, I think it's inevitable that a 'reunion tour' will happen somewhere down the track. There's too much on offer for it not to happen. ;)

Exactly.

And when they do, I imagine it will be a VMAs type thing where Axl starts doing the intro to Jungle and all of a sudden all the other lights switch on and you see Duff, Slash and Izzy onstage with him, "and the crowd goes wild." :)

GNR fall in the classic lineup of bands that have on prick that only thinks of themselves and says fuck you to his band of brothers and the fans that put them in there multimillion dollar homes like there some kind of god ex: Pink Floyd, Skid Row, Dokken ect........ Axl needs to realize that if it wasn't for that guy "whos up my ass" and the rest of the boys he be as famous as the guys in Jetboy. Hey Axl I understand that u think the worlds against you and apparently Slash is trying to ruin your reputation which I've yet to see, but do us a favor don't shit talk the members who we love when we see ya live. You know what ruins your reputation not showing up when 20,000 fans are waiting for ya.

GNR fall in the classic lineup of bands that have on prick that only thinks of themselves and says fuck you to his band of brothers and the fans that put them in there multimillion dollar homes like there some kind of god ex: Pink Floyd, Skid Row, Dokken ect........ Axl needs to realize that if it wasn't for that guy "whos up my ass" and the rest of the boys he be as famous as the guys in Jetboy. Hey Axl I understand that u think the worlds against you and apparently Slash is trying to ruin your reputation which I've yet to see, but do us a favor don't shit talk the members who we love when we see ya live. You know what ruins your reputation not showing up when 20,000 fans are waiting for ya.

From more recent interviews it seems he respects the old members very much.

Also the Slash comment about him being in his ass was like 2002 or something. Get over it :no:

Edited by GNR'R

http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/172/487...#39;-Roses.html

As the story goes, all parties were interested until the fine print of the contracts were examined. Apparently, despite the shows and the potential earning power of the subsequent CD/DVD sales, in agreeing to the terms and conditions, each member then agrees that all rights to the entire Guns N' Roses back catalogue would henceforth transfer to Axl.

:lol:

Don't get me wrong, I love the old band, and I've seen VR twice, but this is Guns N' Roses now. The band that is playing Europe right now is the band I wanna see last many years. It would be nice somewhere down the line to have the guys play one show for old times sake, but to piss away all his hard work, Axl would have to be mad. And Slash, Duff, Matt and Dave worked hard for their own creation, and would seem pointless to throw it all away so suddenly. I love each and every member of Guns, past or present, but this is the band I wanna see! We have two bands to watch! GNR and VR!

I don't believe for a minute these talks went on, since I believe Slash wouldn't lie about such a thing.

Regardless of that, however, I will say this: IF Axl did contact them, he's pretty stupid. Yeah, I want a reunion as much as the next guy, however he's worked for years and years putting this band together. A lot of Gunners have only accpeted the new guys this year as Guns N' Roses (myself included), whilst a lot are still left to be converted. To go on stage with the old guys again would not only be pissing on everything that Finck, Fortus, Dizzy, Brain, Tommy, Ron and Pittman have done for him but also make alotta people remember how much better the old band were (in my view and I'm sure you know many other feel the same way - It's not a dig against the new band, I just love the old one more) and want them back instead of paying to see the new guys.

Including Izzy? - Alright, guest appearance, that's cool. Anything more and he's not going to be able to sell us the new guys as GNR anymore. He needs to do his own thing without involving them.

And that's what I think he wants to do, and why I don't believe any of this 'he contacted them' bs.

:)