How would a reunion work if it ever happened?

Son Of A Gun

If a reunion happened how do you think it would work? What members would most likely be there? I would assume that from one side you would have Slash, Duff and Matt since they 're a team, and then Axl and Dizzy (although for a hard rock band you don't need a keyboardist) and most likely Izzy, or if impossible for that then definitely Gilby. However I would shit my pants if it happened and the line up was Axl, Slash, Izzy, Gilby, Duff & Matt, it would be so energetic. I love both Izzy and Gilby as great musicians and both their ideas would go so far. But realistically i think if this did happen it would be Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Matt and Dizzy and possibly Gilby as a rhythm guitarist with Izzy trading lead and rhythm parts...it would be more kickass than Iron Maiden's current lineup since 1999. So what 's your opinions on how it would work if it ever did happen?

a reunion (with slash, matt, izzy, slash and ofcourse the main ingredient Axl) would only work for atleast a week, then everyone would forget about them except for the slash nut swingers. but it wont ever happen because axl isnt that desperate for money, only the sellout slash is. after all, he did jam with micheal jackson.

so fuck all this reunion talk.

edit: it might happen in 2012.

Edited by dark_future

matt would not be in the line up. the closest to gettin a reunion would be to have slash join the current line up and probally drop one of the other guitarists. I dont think izzy wants to be in a band full time so i cant see him joining for good.

I think its been said here before, by ODS or somebody. But I think Izzy will eventualy be the one to bridge the gap between Axl and Slash N' Co.

'soon is the word...'

Yeah, and people have been saying that about Chinese Democracy for years...

a reunion (with slash, matt, izzy, slash and ofcourse the main ingredient Axl) would only work for atleast a week, then everyone would forget about them except for the slash nut swingers. but it wont ever happen because axl isnt that desperate for money, only the sellout slash is. after all, he did jam with micheal jackson.

so fuck all this reunion talk.

edit: it might happen in 2012.

if you don't see the musical talent michael jackson used to have, then you're a narrow minded prick

A reunion isn't happening any time soon (Axl will get CD out first). By the time it does happen, which is several years away minimum, circumstances could be different than today. For instance, maybe Gilby has success with his new band Supernova, and will not be available to do Guns. Not likely, but the point is that you can't guess how things are gonna play out.

Ok I suppose I will get ALLL kinds of crap for this and it is in my opinion not the likly but perfect reunion show and live album even in a perfect world probably couln't get a tour too difficult.

OK three stages for less wait time, or at the very least two. Have new GnR open with only new stuff nothing from the "old days." When people in the crowd start yelling "SLASH SLASH SLASH" Like they always do have him actually come out on stage raise his arm towards those members of the audience go all the way across and as the crowd starts goin nuckin futs pick up the mike and say. "SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!" When New GunsNRoses line up done. Have Slash come back on stage, whip the crowd into a fucking frenzy then do 4-6 straight minutes of something brand new . Just him makin love to his guitar. (Go ahead and give me all the crap you want. Every Girls /Woman who likes him and has seen him play has said in one way or another that it made them want to be a fricken guitar lol What the hell do you call how he plays?) Anyway a solo so long and crazy sweet that the record producers will be sure to say no one wants to listen to that much guitar and we will all have to bootleg it. Next Velvet Revolver original lineup and then have them start playing something classic (Just not WTTJ)and go back and forth with some good old fashioned kick ass dueling drums and guitars between Velvet Revolver and New Guns n Roses (might need riot cops for this part but it would be GREAT) then have the old crew head to center stage and kick it with a bunch of the old original tunes starting of course with WTTJ and Axl in all his glory. Then have both groups SOMEHOW, not sure how , work together to do a couple of tribute pieces(by groups that influenced them) and one totaly original something that was made just for this show. If people scream loud enough then whatever the audience really want for oncore (again might need riot cops) Anyway This I think would be the Perfect reunion.

If it happened, it would have to be organic-a genuine creative exchange with new material. If they all just lined up for the paycheck it would be like all the classic rock bands that seem to be going through the motions, like the Stones.

Yes a reunion! Wouldn't that be wonderful!

Lets just toss aside all the guys who have worked so hard for Axl! Fuck Robin! Who care's if he's been loyal to Guns and has continued to stick with Axl throughout all the shit? And what about Velvet Revolver? Fuck them too! Who cares about Scott anyway?

Wouldn't a reunion be great?!

<_<

does axl need it to happen? no.

does axl want it to happen? doubtful.

also the drummer couldn't be adler or sorum. if he let sorum do it after the sh*t he's talked in the past I would be disappointed in axl. not that he cares though.

are some of you nutz? What made GNR was AofD. What made appetite were the songs. What made the songs were the hooks and the breaks. If you want to know who the break master was, the person who took a dead end and woke it up, look for Steve. The man at ground zero.

They all needed each other. They were each other's fuel.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
I think its been said here before, by ODS or somebody. But I think Izzy will eventualy be the one to bridge the gap between Axl and Slash N' Co.

That doesn't sound like me. :huh:

But what the fuck do I know? :lol:

I don't think they could ever all come together and create new music again. Too much shit has gone down for that to happen, imo.

So, really, if there was a reunion, it'd most likely be just a nostalgia tour. That'd be cool and all, but I think Slash and Duff have still got too much to offer creatively with VR to just settle for playing old GnR stuff every night.

are some of you nutz? What made GNR was AofD. What made appetite were the songs. What made the songs were the hooks and the breaks. If you want to know who the break master was, the person who took a dead end and woke it up, look for Steve. The man at ground zero.

They all needed each other. They were each other's fuel.

Are you serious? Quoting Axl on Adler - "he didn't write one g*ddamn note". He also said that agreeing to give him 10% or whatever of the royalites was the worst decision he had made, but he had to do it to get AFD recorded on the schedule they had. He said these things during UYI era.