How would a reunion work if it ever happened?

Son Of A Gun

are some of you nutz? What made GNR was AofD. What made appetite were the songs. What made the songs were the hooks and the breaks. If you want to know who the break master was, the person who took a dead end and woke it up, look for Steve. The man at ground zero.

They all needed each other. They were each other's fuel.

well, we know he'll never forget how to play afd

thats ALL he plays

does axl need it to happen? no.

hhmmm u sure? :huh:

does axl want it to happen? doubtful.

u never know :rolleyes:

also the drummer couldn't be adler or sorum. if he let sorum do it after the sh*t he's talked in the past I would be disappointed in axl. not that he cares though.

Adler is problably too F**ked up but Matt would definitely be there!

Plus don't u know they've talked recently?

does axl need it to happen? no.

hhmmm u sure? :huh:

does axl want it to happen? doubtful.

u never know :rolleyes:

also the drummer couldn't be adler or sorum. if he let sorum do it after the sh*t he's talked in the past I would be disappointed in axl. not that he cares though.

Adler is problably too F**ked up but Matt would definitely be there!

Plus don't u know they've talked recently?

A reunion would be awesome, but without Adler itd be nothing

How many original members would it take to constitute a reunion? If Izzy rejoined, would that count? Does it have to include the entire original lineup, or could it be the UYI lineup? What about a hybrid between the new and old bands?

a reunion (with slash, matt, izzy, slash and ofcourse the main ingredient Axl) would only work for atleast a week, then everyone would forget about them except for the slash nut swingers. but it wont ever happen because axl isnt that desperate for money, only the sellout slash is. after all, he did jam with micheal jackson.

so fuck all this reunion talk.

edit: it might happen in 2012.

Fuck you asspiece what is wrong with jaming with other people, i would consider it an honour to jam with a star like michael jackson, Jackson could have picked anyone in the world to jam with but he picked Slash. If i was slash i would have done the same thing.

Also is it not true that fortus jammed with Nsync and britney.

Also if Axl wasn't desperate for money he would drop the guns name so that the music can be judged away from the current guns n roses legecy.

On the topic, i think that a reunion could work, under the right circumstances.

I myself said that as a tour not possible. Some brothers can be civil for a family picnic, but would kill each other if they ever had to live in the same house again. I Love Axl and Slash, but Axl has been a complete :anger: bastard where his old bandmates are concerned and he either really doesn't see it, or more likly is too damn proud to admit it. The reason I set things up like I did is because I think some of the old wounds would be healed if Axl would just show Slash n Duff some damn respect. Izzy is Izzy and things between he and Axl seem ok. Anyway sorry about rant I just think If new Guns N Roses opened for Velvet Revolver it would do that, show them some respect. I like VR and New Gunsn Rose, but I love AFD. Those particular songs have touched my soul and seen me through good times and bad. It is sad to see brothers at each others throats or acting like they really don't give a damn if they ever speek to each other again. Truth be told though I would love my reunion ideaI would be happy just to see a picture of the guys hanging out together and looking genuinly happy.

it could work.

but it wouldnt be the reunion most people would think.

it would be something not done before.

the lineup would be...

Axl, Slash, Izzy, Gilby(maybe), Duff, Brain, Tommy, Fink, (Steven if he could handle it), Matt...... well you get the idea.

it would probably be a mix of old and new with everybody still in.

like on a new album it wouldnt be constant with one set of people.

youd have thal playing lead on some, people would be switching insturments.

some songs could have different lineups than others

like even for some songs you could have slash lead, thal singing and axl on rhthm guitar or something for example.

i kinda got a band goin, but its on hiatus now cause no ones doing anything but we switch around a bit.

anyway if you get what im saying it could work like that pretty damn well.

A reunion, if it happened, would have to be a mix of old and new. There's no way the very loyal Axl Rose would ditch his new bandmates.

Vocals: W. Axl Rose

Lead Guitar: Saul "Slash" Hudson, Robin Finck, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal

Rhythm Guitar: Izzy Stradlin, Richard Fortus

Bass: Duff Rose McKagan, Tommy Stinson

Drums: Brian "Brain" Mantia

Keyboards: Dizzy Reed, Chris Pittman

I can't see Axl playing with Matt again--nor do I think Matt is necessary to playing. Gilby Clarke is dead in the water--he didn't play with GnR long enough nor write any crucial material to make having him in the band worthwile.

That's the way it probablyw ould be if it happened.

But honestly, the NECESSARY ingredients to call it a "GnR" reunion, are really just Axl and Slash. Those two get back together, the media will call it a GnR reunion, even if it's only Slash playing with the new Guns.

A true reunion, though, would be the songwriters together--Axl, Slash, Izzy, and Duff.

Last 10 Posts [ In reverse order ]

Bryan Posted Today, 03:21 AM

A reunion, if it happened, would have to be a mix of old and new. There's no way the very loyal Axl Rose would ditch his new bandmates.

Vocals: W. Axl Rose

Lead Guitar: Saul "Slash" Hudson, Robin Finck, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal

Rhythm Guitar: Izzy Stradlin, Richard Fortus

Bass: Duff Rose McKagan, Tommy Stinson

Drums: Brian "Brain" Mantia

Keyboards: Dizzy Reed, Chris Pittman

I can't see Axl playing with Matt again--nor do I think Matt is necessary to playing. Gilby Clarke is dead in the water--he didn't play with GnR long enough nor write any crucial material to make having him in the band worthwile.

That's the way it probablyw ould be if it happened.

But honestly, the NECESSARY ingredients to call it a "GnR" reunion, are really just Axl and Slash. Those two get back together, the media will call it a GnR reunion, even if it's only Slash playing with the new Guns.

A true reunion, though, would be the songwriters together--Axl, Slash, Izzy, and Duff.

That would be too many members. I honestly think the only peaceful way of breaking up this band and Gn'R reuniting and coming back to existence...would be for Axl to tour a bit with his current band for the album Chinese Democracy...and then give his band members the right to use part of the other upcoming album stuff...so they have something to play that they have written and all they would need is a singer, and that would be fair of Axl to tell them he 's breaking up from them BUT is giving htem an album or more worth of material to release under their own name without him. And if a reunion happened, I think it would go along like Axl, Slash, Izzy, Gilby, Duff, Matt, Dizzy. Reason for Gilby is because 3 guitarists are never too much for a rock band. Iron Maiden sounds way better today with 3 guitarists than before when they had 2. And besides Gilby can write good stuff too, putting him in the band could only increase their writing ability, even if by a bit. And I would always love to see him and Izzy together in Guns N' Roses...those guys look like brothers and would be awesome to see play together. And the reason why Gilby didn't get to write any stuff is because Axl was holding the whole band down. He tried to write stuff, he told Axl he joined Gn'R so he can play and write music and that he would like to do so, he stood up for the band and wanted to show that he 's in this band to play and write music and not fuck around...to which Axl fired him whicn was completely moronic.

izzy would be there img uessing cos isnt he doing some tours wiv gnr im not sure slash would because on gnr behind the music didnt he say "nomatter how much money they stick in our face there is noreason for us to recindle gnr" summit along those lines duff mite and matt cos matt said that gnr was the best experience of his life lol

am i right or toally rong :s

rockchickbitch

rock3

Hah :rofl-lol:

The thing is, we all kinda love speculating over whether they'll reunite. I'd love for it to happen, and I would sell my family to see the show if there ever was one with the original, or 90s, lineup. But I'd also worry that the chemistry that there used to be, how we remember original GnR, would be lost due to all the years of separation and conflict. There'd be bound to be some awkwardness in the performance if it happened. When Slash and Axl were on stage together, and Axl wasn't being a cock, it was pure fucking beauty and chemistry. I wouldn't want that to be tainted.

What the shit am I saying.. BRING ON A REUNION!

I don't see it happening...and I don't really want to. Can you imagine Slash comes back to GN'R now? They'd have to start over with the songs and knowing Axl right now it would take a long time and Slash would probably even quit...and then we'd be left with nothing again..lol

I'll tell you how the GnR boards will work if there's ever a reunion...they'll be full of whiners and complainers moaning about how old they look,how they don't play like they used to,how Axl can't sing like he used to,how they don't act the same on stage...how they no longer have their streetrat personas (or streetrat appearance).There will be people bitching about boring setlists,Axl's behaviour,the lack of new material,in depth conversations about the relevence of Slash's tophat,the colour of Duff's shoes,the shape of Axl's sunglasses.

This place will be chock full of people barking about how things aren't like they used to be...

ad nauseum..