My review of the concert in Zurich

Iceman24

The show was amazing, allthough, it wasn't sold out. I'd say, there were about 11-12000 spectators. GN'R came one and a half hours too late, but that didn't matter. They rocked.

First of all, the support act, the Swiss band Shakra was really good. They also came too late, about 45 minutes, but they did a good performance. Then the waiting began about 45 minutes after Shakra, Guns N' Roses hit the stage. People were booing, but when they came, everything was fine. If I remember right, they started with Welcome to the Jungle at 5 minutes past 10 p.m., I wasn't looking at my watch, but I think, it was about then.

I was about 3-4 meters away from the stage, it was so cool. Once I waved my hands and screamed "Axl" Axl Rose looked at me for about 5 seconds, then he began to smile and pointed his hands a bit too me...and Robin Finck also smiled at me, when I was waving my hands. Finck also gave a bottle in the audience. I almost got it, but then it fell out of my hand and someone else grabed it. That pisses me off a little bit... Bumblefoot once threw out a plectrum during a song and then he played with his fingers. So cool.

Axl was wearing the national flag of Switzerland. Someone threw it onto the stage and he took it. Then he received a letter. Someone threw a letter on stage, he picked it up, but he didn't open it on stage. And one time, Robin Finck was dancing like a ballerina and one time he forgot his guitar backstage and he ran behind the stage and fetched it. And once Fink and Ferrer came in piggyback on stage. :P

It was an awesome concert. The concert ended at 0.25 a.m. or something like that. They really rocked. I'd say the best performances were: "Welcome To The Jungle", "You Could Be Mine", "November Rain", "Out Ta Get Me", "Paradise City", and in my opinion the best of all: "Nightrain". We all were jumping and dancing and singing along with the songs.

Axl Rose had so much power in his voice. And the other band members were amazing, too

GN'R is definitely back.

Edited by Iceman24

Axl was wearing the national flag of Switzerland. Someone threw it onto the stage and he took it.

I did :P I was so happy that Axl took it 8) We wrote GNRFrance.net and Gunsnroses.ch on it :D We also wrote PLAY TWAT but I guess he didn't see that lol !

The show was just great ! 8)

Axl was wearing the national flag of Switzerland. Someone threw it onto the stage and he took it.

I did :P I was so happy that Axl took it 8) We wrote GNRFrance.net and Gunsnroses.ch on it :D We also wrote PLAY TWAT but I guess he didn't see that lol !

The show was just great ! 8)

Was it really you? :blink:

Someone also threw a French flag onto the stage and Bumblefoot picked it up. He was standing right in front of me, about 3 meters and holding the flag. I could read gnrfrance.net and GN'R is back on it. Did you also write this?

The Swiss flag was mine yeah, the French flag belonged to a friend of mine (Skippy from GNRFrance forum). And yeah he through the flag at the end of the show and Bumblefoot took it ! It was written GNRFrance.net and WELCOME BACK GNR on it !

The Swiss flag was mine yeah, the French flag belonged to a friend of mine (Skippy from GNRFrance forum). And yeah he through the flag at the end of the show and Bumblefoot took it ! It was written GNRFrance.net and WELCOME BACK GNR on it !

Oh, yeah, I couldn't really remember what was written on it, but I knew it was something like GN'R is back or Welcome Back.

Did you see me? I'm about 1.90 high and I have red-blonde, quite like Axl, and huge (as I said in another thread, it reminds me a bit of Hendrix) hair and I wear glasses. Oh yes, and I was dancing and jumping like an idiot and singing (or screaming :P ) all the songs... B)

And about the TWAT thing. I was screming for Madagascar, but they didn't hear me, allthough I think Robin looked at me for a short time....First I screamed I.R.S. but then they immediatelly started to play it (probably not because of me...) and so I wanted to hear Madagascar.

Edited by Iceman24

Oh, yeah, I couldn't really remember what was written on it, but I knew it was something like GN'R is back or Welcome Back.

Did you see me? I'm about 1.90 high and I have red-blonde, quite like Axl, and huge (as I said in another thread, it reminds me a bit of Hendrix) hair and I wear glasses. Oh yes, and I was dancing and jumping like an idiot and singing (or screaming :P ) all the songs... B)

And about the TWAT thing. I was screming for Madagascar, but they didn't hear me, allthough I think Robin looked at me for a short time....First I screamed I.R.S. but then they immediatelly started to play it (probably not because of me...) and so I wanted to hear Madagascar.

Well I haven't seen you, but as I was in front of the stage I didn't really look behind me (what was on the stage was more interesting :D lol !!!)

I screamed for TWAT and IRS but they never heard me :P Lol !

The audience was really cool I think, there were one or two idiots but the rest was really cool ! I talked with some people around me and they were really nice ! We had a great show ! I talked with a bunch of Swiss German (well, I tried to speak in German) it was pretty fun !

Well I haven't seen you, but as I was in front of the stage I didn't really look behind me (what was on the stage was more interesting :D lol !!!)

I screamed for TWAT and IRS but they never heard me :P Lol !

The audience was really cool I think, there were one or two idiots but the rest was really cool ! I talked with some people around me and they were really nice ! We had a great show ! I talked with a bunch of Swiss German (well, I tried to speak in German) it was pretty fun !

I was also in front of the stage, but on the right side, in the second row or something like this, very close to the stage.

I think I know which persons you mean. There were two idiots, one of them was wearing a bandana...

And a man started to fight (not really fight, but I can't describe... :P ) with me and others during Paradise City. He hit me and my friend in the stomach (not very strong, it didn't really hurt, but still an idiot). Then he hit a woman really hard and the security came, one of them grabbed his shirt and they threw him over the fence right on the ground and then they dragged him out.

But still it was an awesome concert with a good audience, I also talked to some people, and all said, it was a fantastic show. rock2

Edited by Iceman24

Well, everybody seems to be very surprised of the supossedly "great" show from GNR last saturday...

It wasn´t a great show. to see Axl is great, yes, because he´s the Man of this band (the other members are poor Puppets, it could be Satriani or Wilde or any fukin guitarrist, doens´t matter, it doenst really belong to this band, emotionally i mean), but the show as i had read many times already before, is an act of sing-along-nostalgia, which theoretically classifies me as an stupid who paid money for such a show but no: i knew what was it about...i wasnt there to hear or see anything new or better than what has been done before... i was there just to see the man: no matter if he was singing madagascar, chinese democracy or nighttrain: anyway, you could barely hear his voice and the band who was playing these songs was a poor -also musically speaking- band...well yes, it was like a reunion with many GNRfans leaded at singing by its chef: axl rose.

But saying that the show was musically good is bullshit (i mean, if you have any experience with music),

to say that the show was emotionally great is real, cause we all went nuts (not everybody actually, there were many fuckin grandparents who got a free ticket at the side of the stage) when finally seeing axl.

More to the music: the guitarrists are the worst shit in this world...fuckin idiotic solos as if we were in the begin of the 80s...you cannot say if the idiot with the guitar is playing a solo style Cinderella or Poison or all this hardrockerwannabees...

They try to play a different version of Slash´solos, and they try to play it more "complicated" but all you get is a lot of noise which sounds more like a bad heavy metal guitarrist solo... they just ruin the song and the solo...but they dont wanna do it like slash did, but their "improvisation" is very poor...

The songs? well, just great, even if it would have been a Coverband, people would have gone nuts, cause GNR songs are just great...how they were played tonight is as if a coverband had play it...difference: hier you can see axl...the rest of the band? the can -and should- dye...fkin professional but bad musicians, very boring...

All the sides were mostly full with people who had got tix for free, since many people had returned their tix, at 9 pm they started giving tix away, so you could see fukin old people who went there to...i dont know...grandmothers, u know what im talking about, didnt know a shit bout GNR... At the end of the show i met some girls who are more the RobbieWilliams fan and they told me the had gotten tix for free...

The Swiss Band: i was first row, in front of Axl and i was just mocking the poor guys... terrible, well, a tipical heavy metal band: they have to play the bad ones but if you dont give a fck about them and are in front row, you realise how childdisch they are, so i was making funny faces to the guitarrist (like: wow, your guitar solo, man, you´re a fuking good guitarrist, ironically...or like, wow, that face of a bad man you make while playing the guitar, the same fuking 2 chords and you feel like being hendrix, so, fuck off you and the people who are applauding you, which is understandable since many of them were 15 year old kids, which is ok, but i dont remember applauding such a crappy band even at that age)...

But I, we saw axl, and it was about that...and yes, we could sing our GNR karaoke to which we have been denied in the last 15 years... GNR? well, that will just lie in our memories and not even the most positive mind could bring them back to life...unluckily, since i was their greatest fan.

More to the music: the guitarrists are the worst shit in this world...fuckin idiotic solos as if we were in the begin of the 80s...you cannot say if the idiot with the guitar is playing a solo style Cinderella or Poison or all this hardrockerwannabees...

(...)

The Swiss Band: i was first row, in front of Axl and i was just mocking the poor guys... terrible, well, a tipical heavy metal band: they have to play the bad ones but if you dont give a fck about them and are in front row, you realise how childdisch they are, so i was making funny faces to the guitarrist (like: wow, your guitar solo, man, you´re a fuking good guitarrist, ironically...or like, wow, that face of a bad man you make while playing the guitar, the same fuking 2 chords and you feel like being hendrix, so, fuck off you and the people who are applauding you, which is understandable since many of them were 15 year old kids, which is ok, but i dont remember applauding such a crappy band even at that age)...

I'm sorry to tell you that, but you're an idiot. :fuckyou: