Richard Fortus Looking Forward To New Album Being Released

mahimahi

I hope this hasnt been posted, I dont see it, and this is some cool news I think. Makes me believe the new album is getting closer.

GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist : 'Everyone Is Looking Forward To The Record Finally Being Released' - July 5, 2006

Official GUNS N' ROSES news site GunsNRoses.us has posted the following message from GNR guitarist Richard Fortus:

"The [European] shows have been going well. Axl's [Rose] voice is better than ever. Everyone is looking forward to the record finally being released. We are all very excited.

"Thanks to you and to all of the fans that haven't given up on us! This is the year!"

As previously reported, GUNS N' ROSES looks likely to return for more U.S. shows this autumn, possibly starting in September, according to a press release. Following the band's recent four-night stand in New York City, their first live shows since late 2002, Rose said, "We've just finished our four shows in New York and had an amazing time. New York has always been special and it feels great to be doing this again particularly in front of so many friends. I am very excited about Europe and getting back over here in September."

The group, which features no original members from its classic lineup other than Axl, began a run of European festival shows on May 25.

Rose has been saying that the band's long-delayed new album, "Chinese Democracy", will be out later this year.