Theres Only One Thing That Stands Between Axls Way For Sucess

ComaBreak

Fuck you. It is NEVER about the money, you godawful dick.

And it's not like that matters. Fact is, most artists make their money from the concert, because the labels and managers rape the fucking CD sales. Why do you think an album that goes for 30 bucks in the store goes for 20 on i-Tunes? It's not because the songs sound better on the CD--it's because they jack the prices up to compensate hte middlemen. But fuck, that's not the point, the album is still overpriced so the greedy motherfuckers at the label can take their cut for the "privelege" of distributing the album.

On 99% of cases, I'm going to say fuck buying it and go see your boys in concert if you want to support them--give them money somewhere where the label can't gyp them out of 90% of the sales.

But I'm going to both DL and buy a copy of Chinese Democracy--and the CD will never leave it's beautiful packaging.

Gonna buy more than 1 copy for sure, and keep one of them in a safe hidden 10 000 fett under ground in case of world war 3 :drevil::book:

LOOOOL very funny...I guess I'll be doin' the same!!

It's true that real fans will buy the long waited album, though this album wouldn't be the AFD success because some of you could simply download it!

Let's hope that true fans are more than we ever imagine!

Axl couldnt be anything but a success...

That's really true, evident by the headline dates on festivals, etc. If nothing else he'd succeed on the legacy alone, but he's still making new music, and it will sell like a mofo. All the songs that came out on "Greatest Hits" were all downloaded for years, and it sold great.

There's a lot to be said for the net in it's promotional attributes. What the author here says is problematic is possibly a blessing to the artist. Get it out there, let it be heard, build a bigger fanbase, they see it in the store and buy it as they love it and want a cleaner version, and the real one just cuz it's cool to have.

Again though, Axl is no 'new artist hoping to make it', he's already Axl Rose! This is why his label tolerates... and spends..and spends...and spends. They know the payoff is huge, always will be.

Plus the touring dollar is incredible when you're that big, labels like that too!

Appetite is the 20th most selling record af all times.

At the 80s, there was the "tape trading system". It's the same thing. Download from internet-->record a tape with a demo version. So? If cd deserves to sell, it WILL sell. End of story. ;)

And it's not like that matters. Fact is, most artists make their money from the concert, because the labels and managers rape the fucking CD sales. Why do you think an album that goes for 30 bucks in the store goes for 20 on i-Tunes? It's not because the songs sound better on the CD--it's because they jack the prices up to compensate hte middlemen. But fuck, that's not the point, the album is still overpriced so the greedy motherfuckers at the label can take their cut for the "privelege" of distributing the album.

On 99% of cases, I'm going to say fuck buying it and go see your boys in concert if you want to support them--give them money somewhere where the label can't gyp them out of 90% of the sales.

But I'm going to both DL and buy a copy of Chinese Democracy--and the CD will never leave it's beautiful packaging.

Wow! Another one that at least gets it! *bows down* rock2

You anti-download people are just eating from the music industries hand and buying exactly all the lies they´re selling. Fuck the industry, support the bands.

Edited by Lukinx

I think a lot of people who aren't very big fans will just think: "oh a new gnr album, I thinks I'll buy it" and they might be disappointed. But the really big fans will certainly buy it because they know it's what they've been waiting for for so long.

Damn albums cost 30 bucks in Sweden :( , you're fucked dude.

In Holland they're like 15 to 20, must be the taxes. It's not just the record companies it's also your government :P

1 word, DOWNLOADERS.

In seconds the tracks will be shared on limewire, uploaded on youtube etc etc, and millions of fans who are lazy fucks will listen and download illegally and just wont buy the album. Immediattely the news will get out that axl coudltn even top half of the figures for AFD, the press will criticise axl for not making it good enough, but the more better it is, the more people will download it, so immediately we will think axl ddint deliver when really its ourselfs that are fucking it up for him, so i urge ANYONE at ALL who likes gnr, Buy the album, even if you hate axl, BUY THE ALBUM, keep it in your store if you have to, show it to yours kids saying you were there when the 15 year album in the making finally got released (or as much corny as that sounds) but lets say 20 people in every town dowload the full album, eventually gets to 400 or something in england, 300 in scottland, etc etc grows eventually worldwide to 1 million, then axl would be losing out LOADS, and axl would think his album sucks, so i urge everyone to NOT download the album but to buy it!!!!

This is just bullshit. Who are you? A record label executive trying to sell us an artist sob story while it´s your own ass your worried about. Axl Rose will do just fine no matter how many people download it. The record will sell just fine too becuase it´s AXL ROSE (GN´R) releasing a NEW album! Downloading has been around for quite a while now and the record (and movie) companies have been saying what a big threat it is for years now. Still the sales figures don´t show a big change and record stores are still selling both records and movies. The record labels need to re-think their role in this business or they will soon be dead. Trying to fuck the people over again (like they have done with their high prices forever now) with new laws and paying organisations to chase kids (and others) for downloading just shows how fucked up the priorities of modern society are. An economic crime is more important than the violent ones. Cause god forbid the rich don´t get richer!

I say: SHARING IS CARING! Keep downloading! rock4

I´m not saying you should NOT support the bands you like, only the record companies try to define dowloading as something that fucks bands over. I know most of you still buy records and many of you buy merch and go to shows too, so your support is solid even though you download. But downloading should also be concidered like free advertising. I mean how many of you have found new favourite bands thanks to the infinite music treasure chest that we have thanks to uploading/downloading?

So to the guy who started this thread: Go home! (read: Suck my fucking dick you capitalist scum. Not everyones economic situation is the same and do you really want music to be a fucking class-thing?)

All the other people with the heart in the right place and who don´t need a map to find their ass, you all ROCK! ;)

such great words, thank you.

btw, im pretty sure (my friend told me this) but i think downloading only loses 1% profit.

You anti-download people are just eating from the music industries hand and buying exactly all the lies they´re selling. Fuck the industry, support the bands.

By buying the album, you are supporting the band :rolleyes: It's not like Axl wouldn't want you to buy his album, and download it illegally instead.

How the fuck is downloading the album illegally supporting the band??????? Axl needs to get good sales or it will be a 10-year disaster.

Get a fucking clue.

?????

It's the same for any artist these days. That's the ONE thing that's going to stand in axl's way? What makes him immune to a changing world.

Unfortunately for the new generation, music is free. It can be fought like people fought TV when that came out (movie theaters panicked then), or people can learn to pave new ways to earn their living off of it. Hopefully Axl will go with the flow.

IMO, which I know is the minority opinion I think axl should just release the fucking album as is and bury GnR. I think he'd be in way better shape with a whole new band and not trying to keep the past alive. He ain't the same guy he was 20 years ago and trying to be that I think is only doing him harm.

Edited by slashMyBalls

If it leaks before the album is released, I will download it, I admit that.

But as soon as Chinese Democracy comes out I will buy it because I'm a true fan and want to support the band. Also, I want the album art, and the booklet to read up about the album etc.

If the album is as great as we all hope and I dont think the downloaders will effect the sell figures that much. Just take the most hyped and overrated debut album in history for example, The Arctic Monkeys. The songs were downloaded millions of times before the album was released, the critics rated them higher than The Beatles and when the album came out it broke all kinds of selling records.

So, it's very hard to predict how the effect downloading will have...

I have always bought my G'nr tapes and CD's. I can't even tell you how many times I have bought Appitite!! But to be honest I have downloaded many of their songs for my mixed CD's. I will go out and buy it though.

I will download it, i will listen to it, and if it merrits it, I will give axl my money, but i wont just go and buy it because it is guns, I need to like something before I spend my hard earned money on it....

Well...That being said, if he REALLY didn't want it to be downloaded, he should've released it in '99 when it wasn't as big of a problem. :P

If it leaks...Well...if you people have REALLY been 'waiting' for the past 10 or so years...I don't see why waiting an extra 2 weeks or so is gonna kill you. Seriously, once we get a release date, you guys should be set, getting the album in a slightly lower quality before the cd comes out ruins the experience. You buy the cd and it's like...'WOW. I already heard this shit!'. If you've honestly been waiting since 1995 or whatever the fuck, is 2 more weeks gonna really kill you?

That being said, I'm not downloading any more leaks...

By buying the album, you are supporting the band :rolleyes: It's not like Axl wouldn't want you to buy his album, and download it illegally instead.

How the fuck is downloading the album illegally supporting the band??????? Axl needs to get good sales or it will be a 10-year disaster.

Get a fucking clue.

THANK YOU!

my comptuer is so old n so fucked that the only way for me to listen to my music on my ipod is if i download so yes i am going to download. and axl or GnR 2006 or who ever you are, thats sad if you really care that much for the money. yea you will lose some money, but isnt GnR about the music and not about the money? have all these fans defending you (axl) saying that you're in it for the music not the money wrong? if my computer wasnt old as hell then yes i would buy it but i dont know sence i dont even listen to my cds. welcome to 2006, most people now have ipods or some form of mp3 players, and i dont even have a converter and im not about to put more money into it.

I think u missunderstood the topic starter. He didn´t claimed it was about money. It´sn about record sales. To help the band to succes in pure statistics. If we don´t we´ll read in the papers how unsuccessful GNR is based on record sales.(whish we know isn´t true) And as a fan, I don´t want that to happen.

I´ll by at least one album. :)