Bob Dyan's Vocal Performance

stevGNR666

What's your favorite Dylan vocal performance? I know, he doesn't have a pretty voice but his performances are pretty damn good in some instances...the delivery and melody ect.

So what's yours?

Mine are:

House of the Rising Sun

North Country Girl

Tonight I'll Be Staying Here With You

THE BEST IS:

Isis [Live] from Biography Disk 2

The whole Rolling Thunder Revue bootleg is fucking awesome, the passion in his delivery of songs like Tonight I'll be Staying Here With You, the tenderness in the way he sings Simple Twist of Fate, the anger of Hurricane.

And of course theres the Baez duets for the old folkies. :D

I love the vocals on "Girl of the North Country" with Johnny Cash. The high pitched croon is amazing.

I think his vocals on Time Out of Mind are the best of any album though. I don't hear you guys talking much about that era, but he was seriously great (still is, the era is still happening). Dylan expresses such a tired desperation in songs like "Standing In The Doorway", "Make You Feel My Love", "Not Dark Yet", and "Trying to Get to Heaven". It's just amazing.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
I love the vocals on "Girl of the North Country" with Johnny Cash. The high pitched croon is amazing.

I think his vocals on Time Out of Mind are the best of any album though. I don't hear you guys talking much about that era, but he was seriously great (still is, the era is still happening). Dylan expresses such a tired desperation in songs like "Standing In The Doorway", "Make You Feel My Love", "Not Dark Yet", and "Trying to Get to Heaven". It's just amazing.

I haven't listened to it much, but I love Oh Mercy.

Guest Sweet_Emotion

Mr. Tambourine man. i love the slight crack in his voice when he sings the line "then take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind"

truly my favourite bob dylan song :wub:

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
i agree...tambourine man has an awwwesome melody and awesome words to go along with it

His best?

Edited by Ohdistortedsmile1789

Guest Sweet_Emotion

i agree...tambourine man has an awwwesome melody and awesome words to go along with it

His best?

IMO it is. I also love his vocals on "Visions of Johanna". They're nice and smooth.