Once Axl drops Chinese D he will be in the most vulnerable poistion of his life

Kaneda

Why has Axl Rose waited so long to release Chinese Democracy? It's my supposition that Axl is simply afraid of the backlash that will come, afraid of the criticism and the slander that will surely follow if he doesn't match or top the work laid down by the original members.

Like retards, we all have been on this board for years trying to figure out what the new sound would "sound" like, the release date...etc. None of us thought that in 2001-2 we would still be scratching our heads in July 2006 with regards to the release date. Shit by now I thought I would be listening to the THIRD new Guns N Roses disc, not still waiting for the first! The bottom line is that Axl Rose obviously knows that deep down inside his project to bury the old GNR failed time and time again. Seriously, nothing the guy has done in the past 10 years has gone right for him.

At what point do people stop making excuses for Axl and start pointing the finger of blame at him? I mean some of you think Axl has 70 hit songs ready to go...Please, if that were the case, then he truly is the dumbest person alive. You act like he has the musical equivalent of the cure for cancer, but this is not the case.

What Axl has is really good music recorded with some very talented musicians. But he doesn't have time on his side, he doesn't have the energy or desire to take over the world again...because that's not something you can fabricate and it's not something you can summon while cruising through LA in your Lamborghini. It's something that comes naturally, and spontaneously, and it requires the right people to be together at the right time. That's what made Guns N Roses so fucking huge. All of the stars aligned at the right time. Axl Rose made music before Guns N Roses and it all sucked.

While yes, he has learned a lot over the years, he's learned too much, he's an over analyzer to the point of paralysis. He is afraid and scared to release Chinese D, because once he does, it's over, the cards on the table, he either wins or loses, there is no tie, there is no mediocrity, there is no push, there is no half way success to be had.

And by never showing his cards, Axl has fooled us all into believing that he has the best hand at the table. Picture a table of card players, where instead of people, one hand is being played by AFD, one by UYI 1, one by UYI 2, one by GNR Lies, one By Spaghetti Incident, and then there's Axl sitting there playing as Chinese D. Everyone else has shown there cards, the other musicians that made up GNR have delivered songs the world absolutley loved. And nobody loved the adoration more than Axl, for it fed his ego and meglomania personality. But now it's all on his shoulders and he is scared shitless to release an album.

I do believe it will come out this year, I do believe it will be very good, but I do not think the world will love this new band nearly as much as the old. They just don't have it. Live they are much more boring than the old band. It's only in the studio where people will still accept Axl Rose. For his voice still is amazing, and his sound will never grow tiresome (since we hear it so little)...but him prancing around on stage with strange musicians calling themselves Guns N Roses, it's never going to work. It could only work if Chinese D absolutely blows away even our expectations for it...And that would be a miracle.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am thinking, maybe, just maybe I can get these AXL-lite losers to wake up and realize this new beginning is just the beginning of the end. It's like when I watch these new members up on stage, they just have no identity up there, no personality. And how can they, when they know Axl would flip out if they ever let loose. See back in the day, the whole band was fucked up, drunk, angry and pissed. That energy made the live shows fucking electric. I did feel that electric energy at Hammerstein, but everywhere else, the level of energy on stage was pathetic.

im with ya to say that Axl is afraid of failure, but arent we all?

its all kinda weird cause the whole guns thing fell apart in the mid-late 90s so recording was slow as shit, then Fuckethead leaving messed things up a while back also... but yeah i dont think ALL this wait has been Axls fault, but yes, he does want things to be perfect, but dont we all?

As much as I want to call it a brilliant post, it is only the opinion of someone who has common sense and isn't blinded by sheer adoration of an artist. However, the bashing that you will receive from this post Kaneda is undeserved as it is true. Please people, open your eyes and ears. The OP in it's entirety is true.

progress is more important then perfection. A pharmaceutical company may have a drug that cures 1,000,000 but will kill 500, should they never release it? Nothing in life is perfect, and Rhiad, IRS and There Was Time don't even come close to perfect. So what the fuck has taken so long?

I am thinking, maybe, just maybe I can get these AXL-lite losers to wake up and realize this new beginning is just the beginning of the end. It's like when I watch these new members up on stage, they just have no identity up there, no personality. And how can they, when they know Axl would flip out if they ever let loose. See back in the day, the whole band was fucked up, drunk, angry and pissed. That energy made the live shows fucking electric. I did feel that electric energy at Hammerstein, but everywhere else, the level of energy on stage was pathetic.

the electricity will only return when slash does :)

vh1slash106fk.jpg

Good post Kaneda, I totally agree. Hopefully people can contribute to an inteligant discussion this time and not call you names. If anything is getting tiresome around here its the bitching about Kaneda and "haters". :rolleyes:

Good post Kaneda, I totally agree. Hopefully people can contribute to an inteligant discussion this time and not call you names. If anything is getting tiresome around here its the bitching about Kaneda and "haters". :rolleyes:

great i'm with you 100% on this

i'm labled a hater' i'm quite happy about it now though cos

i dont wanna be known as one of the arse lickers that dwell here that dont want people to have an opinion

i dont wanna be known as one of the arse lickers that dwell here that dont want people to have an opinion

Yeah, Id rather just be called a hater by ignorant people than actually be somebody who fanatisizs over a guy like Axl Rose, even if he is my favorite singer and songwriter.

Yeah, Id rather just be called a hater by ignorant people than actually be somebody who fanatisizs over a guy like Axl Rose, even if he is my favorite singer and songwriter.

your right

fantasizing over men goes against the lawrence family grain :)

vh1slash106fk.jpg

go fuck yourself

vh1slash106fk.jpg

go fuck yourself

& you COCK SUCKER

289mlvb1sn.gif