Well i thought a tour and news would sort this but

Route66

I dont know if anyone agrees but here's how i see it.

I thought we'd all be much happier embracing the new band and enjoying the concerts, pics, news, songs and bootlegs. Instead it seems to been a catalyst for more people to bitch about things. Now... i agree this is a forum and people are entitled to their opinions but why the fuck are we slagging Axl's Hair, goatee, clothing? etc.

Axl is human. He might give off the impression that he doesnt give a fuck but do you honestly think he doesnt read forums? Do you honestly think he doesnt care what people say about his appearance? He's changed his image this year and i think its pretty cool. It looks as if he's taken on board the comments regarding his football jersey image.. he also appears to have lost weight and looks happier and healthier as a result.

We as fans are not entitled to receive a new album now or ever. We will get it when its ready. At the moment i wouldnt be surprised if it doesnt come out. Maybe Axl will decide he cant ever please everyone and think.. fuck it. I for one wouldnt blame him. Some of the shit posted here is a joke. We have a band, tour and some cool new songs. I think we need to be much more positive on this forum and others. As fans we should support Axl through the bad times and good. Who are we to decide how he lives his life and what musicians he plays with. Some people should take a good look at themselves and get on with their lives. I for one have enjoyed the new band and been to see them. I dont post here often anymore because i'm happy Axl is back and i cant stand the shit being posted about him when he is doing a great job IMO.

rock3

I thought we'd all be much happier embracing the new band and enjoying the concerts, pics, news, songs and bootlegs. Instead it seems to been a catalyst for more people to bitch about things. Now... i agree this is a forum and people are entitled to their opinions but why the fuck are we slagging Axl's Hair, goatee, clothing? etc.

Axl is human. He might give off the impression that he doesnt give a fuck but do you honestly think he doesnt read forums? Do you honestly think he doesnt care what people say about his appearance? He's changed his image this year and i think its pretty cool. It looks as if he's taken on board the comments regarding his football jersey image.. he also appears to have lost weight and looks happier and healthier as a result.

We as fans are not entitled to receive a new album now or ever. We will get it when its ready. At the moment i wouldnt be surprised if it doesnt come out. Maybe Axl will decide he cant ever please everyone and think.. fuck it. I for one wouldnt blame him. Some of the shit posted here is a joke. We have a band, tour and some cool new songs. I think we need to be much more positive on this forum and others. As fans we should support Axl through the bad times and good. Who are we to decide how he lives his life and what musicians he plays with. Some people should take a good look at themselves and get on with their lives. I for one have enjoyed the new band and been to see them. I dont post here often anymore because i'm happy Axl is back and i cant stand the shit being posted about him when he is doing a great job IMO.

rock3

The problem on messageboards, is that everything gets covered then theres not alot to say. So alot of people ramble about anything they can- im not criticising people for that though (so dont take it the wrong way though lol).

So with everything covered and no news about the new album- all people can do is speculate and strive for better- and the only way they can strive for better is either chinese democracy comes out (which hasnt-yet), or they can scrutinise the bands every move in looking for what they want from the band.

Unfortunately its a cycle that wont be broken until the record drops. Hopefully you only have about 3-4 months to hold out for though.

You think Axl won't release the album because 20 people on a forum complain that they don't like his braids, his suit or the whore du jour?

People here are supporting him in the MOST important way. They are purchasing tickets to his concerts and spending money on GnR merchandise, and when the album comes out they'll continue to support him by buying it.

People are supporting him by just talking about him. Be it his hair, the demo's, a tour that has not even started in the US. It's when people STOP talking you should be worried.

Right now there is nothing to talk about. No US tour planned, no CD release date. Just reviews of European shows. I think the fact that the boards are alive is a good thing, even if some topics are not about the music.

I dont post here often anymore because i'm happy Axl is back and i cant stand the shit being posted about him when he is doing a great job IMO.

Seems like you should either get over it, or not come here...

Seriously, bitching about the bitching is even lamer than the bitching itself.

I think people expected two things when Axl returned, none of which have happened:

1. Chinese D to be released before the tour

2. Axl to talk in concert about when the album is coming out

It's still this wall of silence when it comes to news on the album, and with the setlist being the same each night, it's very boring indeed to just follow the tour and see the same reviews every night. At this point, GNR fans really just want the album, that's it. They don't want to see Bumblefoot play Don't Cry, or look at this new band pretending to be GNR anymore. They just want Axl's studio work, that's it.

I think people expected two things when Axl returned, none of which have happened:

It's still this wall of silence when it comes to news on the album, and with the setlist being the same each night, it's very boring indeed to just follow the tour and see the same reviews every night. At this point, GNR fans really just want the album, that's it. They don't want to see Bumblefoot play Don't Cry, or look at this new band pretending to be GNR anymore. They just want Axl's studio work, that's it.

Well said, just as i would've put it.

I kinda like Thal's don't cry solo...too bad you think that the guitar playin' and crowd singing over it isn't a good picture!

And people don't just want the album....people are attending the shows...so probably they want more than the CD! And it was were himself who said that "these players" weren't anyone substitutes, nobody is actually thinking that these guys are the old band!

Yep.

Folks this is absolutely pathetic. I cant believe people are bashing me for supporting GNR!! Just what i was talking about...

This is an all time low guys. We are not entitled to receive a fucking album from Axl tomorrow or ever nor are we entitled to receive one from the fucking Spice Girls (thank fuck)

Moreblack, i will bitch about the bitching because this is a forum where people are entitled to their opinions. Especially if i dont agree with people going on about Axl's hair and overall look. Axl is a musician we should talk about his music if we want to criticise or compliment anything. would you like people to walk up to you in the street and pick faults with the way you look? especially if they dont know you??? i suspect you'd probably punch them. The internet gives people a forum to talk about shit they would not normally talk about to someones face. If anythings lame its the fact that people are total pussies and do it on a forum like the way some people do here rather than say it to Axl's face. I'm fairly sure he'd knock them out if they told him he looked stupid or better still totally ignore the low life shit wasting his time.

Kaneda, i agree to a point but.. like i keep saying. We are fans. We are not entitled to any new album. We are not entitled to news. Fans support the band. When there is news and an ready album we'll hear about it. I've no doubt about that.

I guess Axl would be totally justified to never release a new album. What is the point? So GNR can get bashed more? So people can download it critisise it? So people can talk about his image, personal life, drinking and partying?

Peace out GNR nation. Support the band! I dont think there is long to wait now!

Oh Please!

As if Axl Rose is the ONLY person on earth to have his life picked apart. It's called being a "celebrity". Just ask Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Jennifer Aniston, Angelina Jolie....you get the picture? He's out on purpose and having his picture taken everywhere. He knows how to avoid being in the spotlight and how to maintain his privacy if he WANTS to. Obviously it's not a concern for him anymore.

As far as limiting discussions to the music, especially new music, what a quiet place this would be.

Oh Please!

As if Axl Rose is the ONLY person on earth to have his life picked apart. It's called being a "celebrity". Just ask Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Jennifer Aniston, Angelina Jolie....you get the picture? He's out on purpose and having his picture taken everywhere. He knows how to avoid being in the spotlight and how to maintain his privacy if he WANTS to. Obviously it's not a concern for him anymore.

As far as limiting discussions to the music, especially new music, what a quiet place this would be.

All i'm saying is that we as fans dont deserve anything from Axl. ESPECIALLY if we cant support him and the band now after all these shows.

people will always pick on celebrities and i think its pretty sad but nevermind... thats a different discussion from the one i'm trying to have here.

Put simply if you were Axl. Would you want to release an album right now when even your fans wont support you fully? Why the fuck should he?

Folks this is absolutely pathetic. I cant believe people are bashing me for supporting GNR!! Just what i was talking about...

This is an all time low guys. We are not entitled to receive a fucking album from Axl tomorrow or ever nor are we entitled to receive one from the fucking Spice Girls (thank fuck)

Moreblack, i will bitch about the bitching because this is a forum where people are entitled to their opinions. Especially if i dont agree with people going on about Axl's hair and overall look. Axl is a musician we should talk about his music if we want to criticise or compliment anything. would you like people to walk up to you in the street and pick faults with the way you look? especially if they dont know you??? i suspect you'd probably punch them. The internet gives people a forum to talk about shit they would not normally talk about to someones face. If anythings lame its the fact that people are total pussies and do it on a forum like the way some people do here rather than say it to Axl's face. I'm fairly sure he'd knock them out if they told him he looked stupid or better still totally ignore the low life shit wasting his time.

Kaneda, i agree to a point but.. like i keep saying. We are fans. We are not entitled to any new album. We are not entitled to news. Fans support the band. When there is news and an ready album we'll hear about it. I've no doubt about that.

I guess Axl would be totally justified to never release a new album. What is the point? So GNR can get bashed more? So people can download it critisise it? So people can talk about his image, personal life, drinking and partying?

Peace out GNR nation. Support the band! I dont think there is long to wait now!

Axl is employed by the fans. Many stars adapt to being critiqued by the public with no more then a shrug. If He is oversensitive about the way his personal image is received by fans. He is in the wrong business.

Moreblack, i will bitch about the bitching because this is a forum where people are entitled to their opinions.

Exactly, and that's the nature of the beast. People here will say what's on their mind about their favorite artist, by virtue of him being a public figure, he's opened himself up to having people comment on his every move. This is why tabloids sell by the billions...

This being a pretty free and open forum you can almost say anything. It's when you start putting restrictions that you lose people. You have an opinion about what these people are saying so you voice it. They have an opinion about Axl Rose so they voice it. Where else are they gonna talk about Axl Rose but at a gnr forum? Why should their thoughts be limited?

Everybody's equal here...

Moreblack, i will bitch about the bitching because this is a forum where people are entitled to their opinions.

Exactly, and that's the nature of the beast. People here will say what's on their mind about their favorite artist, by virtue of him being a public figure, he's opened himself up to having people comment on his every move. This is why tabloids sell by the billions...

This being a pretty free and open forum you can almost say anything. It's when you start putting restrictions that you lose people. You have an opinion about what these people are saying so you voice it. They have an opinion about Axl Rose so they voice it. Where else are they gonna talk about Axl Rose but at a gnr forum? Why should their thoughts be limited?

Everybody's equal here...

fucks sake.. i'm not putting restrictions on anyone. I'm simply trying to encourage people here to support the man and band they claim to love!

I cant be assed with this discussion anymore. If it doesnt make sense to a fellow fan there's fuck all point in me continuing to try and explain is there?

rock3

Personally, I think that Axl looks and sounds amazing and I will support him, as well as the new CD, whenever it comes out. I also feel that part of the purpose of this forum is to read about the thoughts and feelings of other fans. I find it interesting reading about all of the opinions expressed, even those that differ from my own.