Get Heavy - Lordi

The Sandman

I 've been a metal fan since 1994. I just think the music they are playing and the image they're selling is fake and simply catchy-commercial. This is just my oppinion. I don't see any inspiration in their music. Sorry but we can't all enjoy the same bands

Understandable. I hardly think it's commercial, certainly not mainstream - although it is catchy :P

Fair enough if you don't like them, although if you haven't tried them, I do recommend them - it's more of a recommendation thread - rather than a dictation of what you must listen to :)

Lordi.. Get Heavy might seem like a good album if you are under 15 and so on but otherwise..

I assure you, I'm not under fifteen - but it is a good album, even if it does tail off towards the end. Okay, it's not exactly deep meaning wise, but it is gimmicky and follows that through with nice riffs, humorous lyrics, and great vocal and indeed guitar work.

Well there always are exceptions.. And I wouldn't agree on any of those parts really.

Damn has it already been over 4 years when that cd came out (I listened to it for a while back then..) time goes fast..

• 1 month later...

Lordi are a joke or puppets for 6 year old kids.

and rest of Europe who voted on them so they won the whole shabang?

Do you know who voted for them? The 6 year old kids from my mother's kindergarten! :rofl-lol:

Anyway, most people voted for fun. And eurovision is just a fun festival with untalented singers. Of course there are always exceptions , like Celin Dion.

Lordi? They suck ass! Only time I ever payed attention to them was to vote so they'd win the eurovision song contest. But man do they SUCK! :D

Exactly my point