Love him or hate him,, u gotta respect him

Charlierose

Axl didnt have a great childhood, he wasnt handed a silver spoon into adulthood, like probably most of us he struggled with the world and his mental problems,, He was abused as a child, hell that would mess anyone up. No wonder he rebelled and said fuck you to everyone who got in his way,, In this world u need self confidence to make it, hell some people call it aregance and maybe sometimes it is but he aint perfect.. like u and like me he has done some fucked up things, fucked people over and simply put been a cunt.. The thing is at least he has made a difference,,, with Guns N Roses he helped form and maintain (for 9, 10 years b4 it fell apart) from a group of young cocky punks into super stars, Along with the band was a key in some of the greatest songs ever.Look at the list of classics,,, they really dont have one bad song, especially compared to todays garbage. Honestly i can say guns worst song would say was released by some new band and promoted and so on it would make the charts, it might even make top 100 in the world..anyway Axl had a major part in all of this,, some say he made the band,, personally i think they all did the hard yards and each deserve credit so i think all of them rock and will listen to there new work with an open mind and judge it with no prejudice.(VR rock by the way).. I know the main reason some people hate Axl is cause he chose to keep using the Guns N Roses name... Well yeah, sure Guns 2006 are not guns 1987, but man its just a name and Axl believes that Slash quit Guns, as to did Matt n duff, Axl never quit Guns so Him and dizzy technically are still in Guns N Roses. Besides its such a good name for a band why waste it. Axl now faces my critisism than ever b4... if he fails he will probably fade out of the limelight as a fuckup according to the media and his haters, as the man who destroyed the greatest thing to hit rock n roll if he makes it then i really believe he will go to another level of stardom. Axls taken years to get his head together, to get his music perfect, to work out what direction to take and whatever else he does out of the spotlight.. I dont know what the future has instore for Axl, for Guns, for slash, duff n any other gunner. Izzys mates again with Axl, this can only be a good thing, if they start writing together again which is what musicains do so chances are they will.. Maybe Izzy holds the key to a Reunion.. its more plauseable after those strange comments slash made about visiting Axls house, mind you Axls response was pretty blunt in accusing slash of trying to take get on axls good side by backstabbing his new band mates. that whole story is really strange. I dont know who to believe but someone is obviously lying and im interested to find out who cause if its slash then where does he stand now with VR..?? Who knows, this post is about Axl,, I love guns forever, ill listen to there music forever, if they continue to have good new songs then ill follow them as the new Guns n roses but ill always remember the power n presence of the original line up on stage, rocking out to thousands of screaming fans songs like paradise city, sweet child and Jungle, Songs that cant simply be locked away from Rocks Greatest lists, maybe guns will continue to grow. Whatever happens Axl will fight on as Axl Rose, Im sure if he wrote a book and told his story it would be one that we could all learn a little bit about making it in the toughest job ever, lets face it being a rock n roll superstar with a setlist like Axl has is amazing. Drinking Drugging, Rooting, Loving, Hating, Dying, Crying and Rocking,, Not many people make it in this industry and hardly anyone makes it in easily the top 100, maybe top 50, hopefully if guns go number one again tope 25,, , in my opinion and many like me top 10,, and right now personally i reckon the best ever Musician. U could argue all night but love him or hate him you just gotta learn to respect people in life who make it from no one to someone by overcoming the odds, believeing in a dream and living out the ultimate fantasy... Theres a lot of people in life who deserve respect and a lot of people who will never get the recognision they deserve but some do and Axl gets mine. His life has made a mark in my life and im sure many thousands of others too. Lifes too short to be ignorant, your not always right, youll never please everyone, do ya best , believe in yourself you can make a difference in someones life, Work hard , Party Hard, Learn to love, Dare to Dream and Use your illusions and have a little patience,, if u work hard enough for long enough with a little help from Fate you too might be someones Idol.. PEACE

I do not think there is one person here, even those considered the "haters" :rolleyes: , who do not resppect Axl as an artist. We are all here because he was part of a group of guys whose music touched us and impacted our lives in some way, shape or form.

It's also true that he suffered thru a terrible and sad childhood. Him and millions of other children who walk the face of the earth. However being abused as a child, or being a rockstar as an adult doesn't give anyone a free pass to do "some fucked up things" as you say. There are rules in life that everyone is expected to follow, and they don't only pertain to those people who were fortunate enough to have a happy time growing up.

Good Lord this guy is a blessing!, you spoke just words of wisdom, nothing but the true, congratulations charlie and thank you thank thank you for this wonderful thread :heart:

Edited by Sweet

I'm glad I found charlierose's posting -- I went to see GNR play here in Helsinki last Wednesday, and I have been so psyched after the concert that I looked up this website just so that I could see what other people's experiences have been like.... but after reading some of the postings here I was really disappointed in all the negativity towards Axl.

In a way it's understandable -- it is frustrating to wait for an album that never seems to come out -- but on the other hand, why would you start putting this person down on a personal level when he's really still the same fabulously talented, gorgeous, charismatic artist that we first fell in love with. Yeah, he's a bit of a wild child and unpredictable at times; but the talent is still there and I'm sure whatever the hell is keeping him from finishing that record is not something he's doing intentionally and to disrespect his fans.... I mean, did you see Some Kind Of Monster ? The whole process of making a record doesn't seem like just baking a cake. Sometimes it can come together like a breeze, but I'm sure if there's trouble in the process and you start building pressure due to all this expectation, your creativity might just come to a halt, right ? We're all only human, so my respect goes out to all who actually are capable of making just one damn record in their life time. I for one will remain as a loyal fan and will wait for that cd to come out even if I'll retire by the time it happens, and all the while Axl & the Co. will have my 200% support.

Maybe I didn't read enough postings yet and got the wrong picture of this website -- I will keep reading and I'm sure I'll find supportive & positive messages -- but like I said in the beginning of this posting, thanks charlierose for yours -- good to know that there's genuine appreciation out there as well. And as with everything in life, of course nothing's perfect and you must have a right to express negative opinions as well...so I guess my whole point is that whether or not Axl has fucked up in his life ---- who hasn't ? I'd say let karma take care all of that and just enjoy the music. The Helsinki concert was fucking hot and so was the main man rock2

Love & Peace :heart:

M

Thank You for speaking your heart, I think that is what we should all do and leave our egos behind. I agree with what you said. I think that that the years 1996-2001 could have brought up more music if the guys were together. That was not possible, because the members could not find a way to get along. I say fuck that and lets look forward. The new band is amazing, I saw them in Paris and will see them in Athens tomorrow. Lets be united gunners and njoy the future Guns N Roses. PEACE

Edited by Yesterdays82

I do not think there is one person here, even those considered the "haters" :rolleyes: , who do not resppect Axl as an artist. We are all here because he was part of a group of guys whose music touched us and impacted our lives in some way, shape or form.

It's also true that he suffered thru a terrible and sad childhood. Him and millions of other children who walk the face of the earth. However being abused as a child, or being a rockstar as an adult doesn't give anyone a free pass to do "some fucked up things" as you say. There are rules in life that everyone is expected to follow, and they don't only pertain to those people who were fortunate enough to have a happy time growing up.

Amen

My thoughts exactly