Axl's thoughts on Contraband

Rock in PA

To be honest, I don't give a fuck what Axl think's of Contraband. I really don't. All that matters is I dig most of the album, that's what fucking counts.

And about putting GN'R's new tunes on a higher pedastal than Contraband, well yea I do. Because I find it better. Everyone is allowed to have their own taste in music.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the nagging here!! You guys are childish as hell!

From 1994 till 2002 there was nothing for the fans, and since 2002 we have Velvet Revolver (proved to be succesfull, look at their sellingnumbers of contraband) and since this year there are signs of life in GnR.

What the fuck are you complaining. Two great rockbands instead of nothing.

a little more optimism would be in it's place

Slash's Snakepit, Izzy Stradlin & The JuJu Hounds, Gilby, Neurotic Outsiders,...

Should I name more?

Nothing that can touch the quality of VR and GnR.

You can't be serious, i hope... :o

Izzy's solo stuff blows away everything VR has put out and GN'R has recorded since 1994.

From 1994 till 2002 there was nothing for the fans, and since 2002 we have Velvet Revolver (proved to be succesfull, look at their sellingnumbers of contraband) and since this year there are signs of life in GnR.

Slash's Snakepit, Izzy Stradlin & The JuJu Hounds, Gilby, Neurotic Outsiders,...

Should I name more?

Izzy's solo stuff blows away everything VR has put out and GN'R has recorded since 1994.

I agree with the VR part. - :rolleyes:

Should I name more?

Have you actually heard his albums? For example, "Like A Dog" has some of the best rockers made in quite some time. "Bomb", "Snafu", "Hammerhead", "Chop Away", "Win U Lose", "On The Run", all those songs are true rockers. Then you have his more melodic albums, like the debut one, with songs like "Shuffle It All" or "Take A Look At The Guy", etc... Those are my two favourite albums of his, but the other ones are also very good.

Should I name more?

Have you actually heard his albums? For example, "Like A Dog" has some of the best rockers made in quite some time. "Bomb", "Snafu", "Hammerhead", "Chop Away", "Win U Lose", "On The Run", all those songs are true rockers. Then you have his more melodic albums, like the debut one, with songs like "Shuffle It All" or "Take A Look At The Guy", etc... Those are my two favourite albums of his, but the other ones are also very good.

LOL! Yeah I was a first day buyer for the first Ju Ju Hounds. I love the stuff, it's just that I don't think it's better than the new Gun's I've heard. It's just personal taste.

I love how everyone is placing Axl's new stuff on such a higher pedastal than the VR album. You all act like he's fucking Mozart or something. The only nu-GNR song that is head and shoulder's above anything on Contraband is CITR, everything else is extremely debatable - and considering it's taken him 10+ years to crank these out, as opposed to barely 2 for VR, there's really no way to argue this.

I love fact that you're the only one who think VR Cuntraband is better! :laugh:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Should I name more?

LOL! Yeah I was a first day buyer for the first Ju Ju Hounds. I love the stuff, it's just that I don't think it's better than the new Gun's I've heard. It's just personal taste.

Ok, ok. It is indeed personal taste. I prefer Izzy's style, you prefer Guns, that's fair enough.

I love how everyone is placing Axl's new stuff on such a higher pedastal than the VR album. You all act like he's fucking Mozart or something. The only nu-GNR song that is head and shoulder's above anything on Contraband is CITR, everything else is extremely debatable - and considering it's taken him 10+ years to crank these out, as opposed to barely 2 for VR, there's really no way to argue this.

I love fact that you're the only one who think VR Cuntraband is better! :laugh:

YEAH HILARIOUS HAHA. MY NAME IS FUNERAL AND I REALLY HAVE NO POINT TO ANYTHING I POST SO LET ME JUST MAKE SOME BLANKET STATEMENT, FOLLOWED BY A BUNCH OF LAUGHING EMOTIONS, AND HOPEFULLY EVERYONE WILL FORGET THAT THIS POST, AND MY LIFE, EVER EXISTED.

OH LOOK I SAID CUNTRABAND.. GET IT?! BECAUSE A CUNT IS A WOMEN'S VAGINA, AND THE VR ALBUM IS CALLED CONTRABAND.. SO I REPLACED CONT WITH CUNT! CUNTRABAND, GET IT?! HOW CLEVER I AM!! HA HA HA HA

Edited by OTHAFA

:fuckyou: I personally think he doesn't give shit about it

Of course he would.

I'd actually be really interested in knowing what Axl does think of the album. Unfortunately I think he's pretty much obligated to hate it after Weiland's "fat, botox-faced, wig-wearin' fuck" comment.