Who is the lead guitarist of Guns N' Roses?

W. Axl Kev

I don't think GnR guitar players are in conventional roles, they all play lead and rhythm because they all can. You have a virtuoso (Ron), an Industrial background guitar player (Robin) and a more conventional type player (Richard) so they have a bit of everything and mix it up with the solos each playing the ones that they're suited to best or the ones they prefer playing, which is a cool situation to be in. I don't think it's really relevant to lable their roles as "lead guitar player" and "rhythm guitar player" because that makes them sound like a normal 2 dimensional guitar band when really they're far more diverse and interesting.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Slash couldn't touch Bucket, he can't touch Thal, anyone who says otherwise is a fucking idiot.

Slash's rhythm guitar playing sucks. His creativity on that spectrum is very low. Even he admits it (some guitar magazine). The only reason some of his riffs and solos were decent was because he had Izzy's rhythm playing behind it and Axl's input.

All the new guitarists in GnR have more style and creativity in their rhythm guitar parts. Just listen to the rhythm guitar parts in all the new leaks. Freakin' amazing!

The only thing Slash has going for himself is his blues soloing - which are cool. Maybe only Robin can match Slash's blues solos (that's probably why he was hired).

Other then that, Slash is really an uncreative guitarist.

I don't think GnR guitar players are in conventional roles, they all play lead and rhythm because they all can. You have a virtuoso (Ron), an Industrial background guitar player (Robin) and a more conventional type player (Richard) so they have a bit of everything and mix it up with the solos each playing the ones that they're suited to best or the ones they prefer playing, which is a cool situation to be in. I don't think it's really relevant to lable their roles as "lead guitar player" and "rhythm guitar player" because that makes them sound like a normal 2 dimensional guitar band when really they're far more diverse and interesting.

Best post so far :)

I agree!

What a load of shite you sad pathetic wee pricks talk there only ever has and ever will be one lead guitarist for guns n roses and that man is the top hatted legend that is slash he wrote some of the greatest riffs of all time that have stood the testt of time these guys dont come fuckin close ill say it again this aint guns n fuckin roses. This is a fuckin piss poor tribute act what have they got three shitty guitarists badly doing what should be a one man job. I mean come on christina fuckin aguilera solos get to fuck this aint meant to be a pop concert. And to all you axl arse lickers with nothing better to do than wait for this mythical album GET A FUCKIN LIFE YOU SAD WEE PISH STAINS. Guns n roses died ten years ago get over it youll never see this album youll all be crying in your beds when vr release there monster second album and theres still no sign of your leaders so called fuckin epic. The old gnr didnt just have one front man it had two and there was magic there. This band has got fuck all going for them there a fucking laughing stock the new songs are a fuckin pile of shite far too over produced and too much meddling, only brian may added a bit of class to catcher, thats it. Id put money on that the hired help couldnt nail the godfather either cause that is fuckin genius these guys are fuck all they dont deserve to step into slashs shoes and i bet hes pissin himself too. Remember slash turned up to check the so called guns n roses at las vegas on 2001 but couldnt get in cause axl was fuckin shitting his pants about the complete fuckin shambles of what guns n roses has become a fuckin world wide laughing stock, i know im pissing people off but u got no fuckin argument until that fuckin ego maniac you lot worship actually has the balls to release something at all and i guarantee vr will have there second album out first. Get a fuckin life you fuckin saddos and stop wasting time on this shambles any more. The real guns n roses died when the original members couldnt work with that psych c unt. Go on do your worst
<YAWN> What is that you were saying? Oh I believe you might be posting in the wrong section. Speaking of the top hatted legend I get to see him with the rest of VR on the 21st I'll post pictures in that area if I get any good ones.

Now what were you intelligent folks debating? I could not say for sure as I am not even sure who plays what on a lot of the songs so I will have to say I currently have no opinion on lead other than it seems to be shared. HMMMM Does anyone hear chains rattling? :rofl-lol:

What a load of shite you sad pathetic wee pricks talk there only ever has and ever will be one lead guitarist for guns n roses and that man is the top hatted legend that is slash he wrote some of the greatest riffs of all time that have stood the testt of time these guys dont come fuckin close ill say it again this aint guns n fuckin roses. This is a fuckin piss poor tribute act what have they got three shitty guitarists badly doing what should be a one man job. I mean come on christina fuckin aguilera solos get to fuck this aint meant to be a pop concert. And to all you axl arse lickers with nothing better to do than wait for this mythical album GET A FUCKIN LIFE YOU SAD WEE PISH STAINS. Guns n roses died ten years ago get over it youll never see this album youll all be crying in your beds when vr release there monster second album and theres still no sign of your leaders so called fuckin epic. The old gnr didnt just have one front man it had two and there was magic there. This band has got fuck all going for them there a fucking laughing stock the new songs are a fuckin pile of shite far too over produced and too much meddling, only brian may added a bit of class to catcher, thats it. Id put money on that the hired help couldnt nail the godfather either cause that is fuckin genius these guys are fuck all they dont deserve to step into slashs shoes and i bet hes pissin himself too. Remember slash turned up to check the so called guns n roses at las vegas on 2001 but couldnt get in cause axl was fuckin shitting his pants about the complete fuckin shambles of what guns n roses has become a fuckin world wide laughing stock, i know im pissing people off but u got no fuckin argument until that fuckin ego maniac you lot worship actually has the balls to release something at all and i guarantee vr will have there second album out first. Get a fuckin life you fuckin saddos and stop wasting time on this shambles any more. The real guns n roses died when the original members couldnt work with that psych c unt. Go on do your worst

Er... remember Izzy?

The old band had two guitarists...

As for the rest, not meaning to sound like AD, but why are you here* then?

*here can be interpreted as this forum or this section

Good way to look at it.

nobody can step into slashs shoes especially 3 of them its fuckin bullshit

And so are your opinions and bad use of Scottish dialect... Seriously you sound like someone from a stereotype show for entertaining tourists.

As for your opinion that Bumble is a crap guitar player, no offence to Slash (who is one of my guitar playing idols) But he's no virtuoso, he's good at what he does (bluesy rock) but he's not as versatile as some believe him to be. Ron has a variety of styles and can shred a lot faster than Slash as well as having more advanced musical knowledge. All that and good stage presence (Slash's one advantage over him is amazing stage presence), Tons of energy and a very good singing voice.

So pal, stop being so aggressive and negative! :) and as for asking us to get a life.... WHY DON'T YOU YOU PATHETIC LITTLE TWAT? :fuckyou:

GUNS N ROSES SCOTLAND 2006 rock1