Axl Rose Interviewed By Turkish Newspaper

Almost Famous

I found this on HTGTH n' didn't see it here.

Source:

http://kelebek.hurriyet.com.tr/dunyadan/4724216.asp?gid=100

1980’li yılların en çok tartışılan hardrock müzik grubu Guns N’ Roses, 12 Temmuz’da İstanbul’da konser verecek. 1993 yılında ilk kez geldikleri Türkiye’de, İnönü Stadı’nda 38 bin kişiye seslenen grubun solisti Axl Rose, konser öncesi Blue Jean Dergisi’nden Çağlan Tekil’in sorularını yanıtladı.

n Uzun bir aradan sonra tekrar turneye çıktınız, ne hissediyorsunuz?

Bu şovlar bizim için gerçekten çok önemli ve iyi ya da kötü orada olacağız. Beni destekleyen ve küçük bir parça anlayışa rağmen bizimle birlikte sürüklenen size, umuyorum ki en iyimizi verebileceğiz. Sizi bu küçük gezintimizde görmeyi dört gözle bekliyoruz.

n 1993’teki konseriniz hakkında neler hatırlıyorsunuz?

Bütün şov çok özeldi. İzleyiciler oldukça sıcak ve canlıydı. Gerçekten büyük ve güzel bir şov yaptığımızı bilmek bizim için heyecan vericiydi. Bu, grup için çok önemli bir şeydi.

n Chinese Democracy albümünün bu yıl çıkacağını söylemiştiniz ama plak şirketi bunu doğrulamamıştı. Son durum nedir?

Plak şirketinde ve grupta birçok değişim oldu. Plak şirketind insanların bir sürü fikri vardı ve albümü yapılabilecek en iyi şekilde yapmak istiyorlardı. Biz her zaman doğru şarkılara sahip olduğumuza inandık ama sonra birileri daha da iyisini yapabileceğimizi düşündü. Kayda başladık, yeni şarkılar eklemeye devam ettik ve tekrar tekrar kaydettik. Albüm çıktığında, albümle gurur duyacağıma inanıyorum. Ayrıca bunlar dışında yığınla ekstra parçalarımız da mevcut.

n Sebastian Bach eski Guns N’ Roses üyelerinden oluşan Velvet Revolver grubunun vokalisti olmayı denemişti. Ve bu tur kapsamında sizinle berber olduğunu gördük. Bu birleşme eski Guns N’ Roses, yeni Velvet Revolver üyelerine bir cevap niteliği mi taşıyor?

Sebastian benim sadece arkadaşım ve biz onun grubuyla tura çıktık. Yapmaya çalıştığımız şey Guns N’ Roses’ı eski bir şeylere döndürmek. Bu Guns N’ Roses değildi ama şimdi Guns N’ Roses olduğunu hissediyorum. Bu grubun içindeki çocuklar gelmeden önce de yaşadığım bir şeydi. Ve onlardan önce bilirsin Guns N’ Roses’da başkaları vardı. Bunun böyle gitmesine izin vermeyi düşündüm ama bu hiçbir şekilde iyi hissettirmiyor. Bunun böyle olmasını seçen ve giden kişi ben değilim.

n Izzy’nin bu tur boyunca sizinle sahne aldığını biliyoruz. Burdaki konserde de Izzy’i görebilecek miyiz?

Izzy bu turnede birçok şovda bizimle birlikte yer aldı. Ancak İstanbul için bir şey söylemek istemiyorum. Gelin ve kendiniz görün.

n GNR’ın orijinal kadrosunun tekrar bir araya gelmesi adına bütün kapılar kapalı mı?

Bence bu çok uzak bir ihtimal.

n Türkiye’deki hayranlarınıza neler söylemek istersiniz?

İstanbul’daki bütün hayranlarımın sevgi ve desteklerine teşekkür etmek istiyorum. Çok güzel bir şov olacak.

Su korkusu kriz yarattı

12 Temmuz’da Kuruçeşme Arena’da konser verecek olan Guns N’ Roses’ın solisti Axl Rose’un su korkusu organizasyon şirketinde büyük krize yol açtı. Arena’ya tekneyle getirilmesi düşünülen ünlü solist, korkusu yüzünden bu şekilde gelemeyecek. Konser yüzünden araba trafiğinin çok yoğun olacağı Kuruçeşme Arena’ya ulaşımın helikopterle ya da ambulansla yapılması düşünülüyor.

Deniz’i istedi

Guns N’ Roses’in solisti Axl’in Kuruçeşme Arena’daki konser sonrası yeri henüz gizli tutulan After Party’de sadece Türk top modelleri yanında istediği öğrenildi. Bunların arasındaki davet edilecek ilk isim ise Deniz Akkaya oldu.

The most interesting part translated:

Interviewer: Are all the doors closed to ex GNR members about a reunion?

Axl: I think this is a very small probablibility.

;)

my favorite from an obviously un-reliable translation website:

newspaper: N Chinese Democracy you had told it this your album's year towel but the record company had not verified this. Is the state last?

axl: "The record is polytheism."

:unsure:

Edited by ohyesindeed

;)

my favorite from an obviously un-reliable translation website:

newspaper: N Chinese Democracy you had told it this your album's year towel but the record company had not verified this. Is the state last?

axl: "The record is polytheism."

:unsure:

Lol. Oh God, the same thing happened to me. I used the website because it was free and the interview made no sense. So fuck that bright idea...We just need patience. Someone will help eventually.

Edited by PrettyTiedUp763

Interviewer: You are on the road again after a long break. What do you feel?

Axl:These shows are very important for us. We will be there no matter what is takes.I hope we will give our best to all of you who have supported me at all.We cant wait to see you in our trip to there.

I:What do you remember about the concert in 1993(in istanbul)?

A:All those shows were very special.Audience were warm and alive.It was exciting for us knowing that our shows were huge and nice. It was very important for the band.

I:You said that chinese democracy will be out this year but record label has not confirmed yet?what is the last situation?

A:There have been lots of changes both in record label and the band.People in the record label had lots of idea and they wanted the album to be as good as it can be.We always believed that we had the right songs but then someone thought that we could do it better. We started recording and continued to add new songs and recorded again and again.I believe when the album is out i will be proud of it. And we also have bunch of extra songs.

I:Sebastian Bach tried to be the frontman of Velvet Revolver.And for this tour he is touring with you.Is this an answer to the members of Velvet Revolver?

A: Sebastian Bach is my friend and we are touring with his band.The thing that we are trying to do is making GNR like it used to be in the past.This was not Guns n roses but now i feel that it is GNR. That was a thing that i lived before the guys in the band joined.And you know before them there were different band members in GNR. I wanted it to continue like that but that never feels good. I wasnt the person who made it this way.

I: We know that Izzy is touring with you. Will we see Izzy here in Istanbul?

A: Izzy was with us at some shows.But i dont want to say anything about istanbul. Come and see.

I:Are all the doors closed to ex GNR members about a reunion?

A:I think this is a very small probablibility.

I:What do you want to say to Gnr fans in turkey?

A:I want to thank to all GNR fans in Istanbul because of their love and support. It will be a great show.

Thats the end of interview guys. My english is not perfect so maybe there are some grammer mistakes. but i have translated everything. there is also an article in the newspaper and it says organizators wanted to bring axl to concert arena by a boat but because axl is suffering from aquaphobia he will be brought to arena by a helicopter or an ambulance.

Axl rose wanted only turkish models for afterparty.And the first name to be invited is Deniz Akkaya

this was translated by mert@gnrbanned nation before me, and translated well.

imo, it is totally bullshit. even if the q and a are true, it's obvious that the guy didn't no much about gnr.

bluejean is a gay teenage crap, no pic of axl either. they say it was a phone-conversation but axl's answers are not kinda his.

we, as gnrturkey.com, are in negotiations with the pr co. of promoters of the istanbul show for a interview with axl or any band member, but it seems there's a little chance to make it :( .

.The thing that we are trying to do is making GNR like it used to be in the past.

what a strange comment' i thought he was trying to take the band forward?

He doesn't mean the music, he means....the 'feeling' or something... :krider:

Edited by GNR'R

"That was a thing that i lived before the guys in the band joined.And you know before them there were different band members in GNR. I wanted it to continue like that but that never feels good. I wasnt the person who made it this way."

What is he trying to say? :o This is a strange comment :question:

Does he mean that he wanted to keep GNR as the original, but that´s impossible without the original members?

"I wasn´t the person who made it this way"

Is he referring to the split? Or is he trying to say that he didn´t create original GNR by himself, and therefore can´t keep it "original" by himself, though he want to? :question::o

This is really, really strange... :confused:

You said that chinese democracy will be out this year but record label has not confirmed yet?what is the last situation?

A:There have been lots of changes both in record label and the band.People in the record label had lots of idea and they wanted the album to be as good as it can be.We always believed that we had the right songs but then someone thought that we could do it better. We started recording and continued to add new songs and recorded again and again.I believe when the album is out i will be proud of it. And we also have bunch of extra songs.

So no fall release.

When is the word?

You are the one who is saying no fall release.. Axl has said it will be out in fall. Ron has said that it should be out then. Fortus has said that it'll be out etc.. I think you could bet that it'll get released.
"That was a thing that i lived before the guys in the band joined.And you know before them there were different band members in GNR. I wanted it to continue like that but that never feels good. I wasnt the person who made it this way."

Does he mean that he wanted to keep GNR as the original, but that´s impossible without the original members?

Is he referring to the split? Or is he trying to say that he didn´t create original GNR by himself, and therefore can´t keep it "original" by himself, though he want to? :question::o

He is saying that he wanted the old feeling into this band. And about making it he is most likely referring to the fact that he isn't the only one who created the old or new GN'R.

And I don't see anything strange in it..

You said that chinese democracy will be out this year but record label has not confirmed yet?what is the last situation?

So no fall release.

When is the word?

You are the one who is saying no fall release.. Axl has said it will be out in fall. Ron has said that it should be out then. Fortus has said that it'll be out etc.. I think you could bet that it'll get released.

He is saying that he wanted the old feeling into this band. And about making it he is most likely referring to the fact that he isn't the only one who created the old or new GN'R.

And I don't see anything strange in it..

No, if he said this I think it´s great! Wonder why people hasn´t pay any more attention to this thread?

It should be like 10 pages by now.. Maby it is what he said.. He somehow kills arguments for both sides in this New vs original GNR debate. maby that´s why we aren´t at page 10 ;):D

too many interesting things here:

- The label forced Axl to record new songs for the album. This is new.

- There is a small posibility for a reunion. This is completely new.

- "When it come out we will be proud of it". This is old. lol.

- Axl want the old feeling in the band.

- He thought that this new line up was not GNR in the beggining. New.

interesting interview if it is not fake.

lets comment it.