Syd Barrett dies

JDRM

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 2 types of diabetes. One is more serious then the other. Obviously, Syd has the worse one. I forget if it's type 1 or type 2. :unsure: Sorry.

They both can be very bad, but Type 1 is worse. Type 1 is genetic, and there's nothing you can do to prevent it. Type 2 is caused many times from obesity and/or bad eating habits. This is what I know if it, although I'm no doctor. Type 2 is preventable, and sometimes you can be a type 2 diabetic for like a week, then never again. This sometimes happens as a bi-product of certain medical practices or other things, and is not very serious. If you do not control your type 2, though, and do not do anything to end it, it can be a very serious illness and just as bad as Type 1.

There are 2 types of diabetes. One is more serious then the other. Obviously, Syd has the worse one. I forget if it's type 1 or type 2. :unsure: Sorry.

They both can be very bad, but Type 1 is worse. Type 1 is genetic, and there's nothing you can do to prevent it. Type 2 is caused many times from obesity and/or bad eating habits. This is what I know if it, although I'm no doctor. Type 2 is preventable, and sometimes you can be a type 2 diabetic for like a week, then never again. This sometimes happens as a bi-product of certain medical practices or other things, and is not very serious. If you do not control your type 2, though, and do not do anything to end it, it can be a very serious illness and just as bad as Type 1.

Ok thanks. :)

Couldn't believe it when the headline landed in my inbox and hour ago. :(

I'm gutted.

I saw Roger at Hyde Park just a week ago, and even though Syd wasn't going to be there, the amount of fans that were talking about him was amazing. Many even wondered if perhaps he was somewhere in the crowd, watching from afar. I doubt anyone would have recognised him if he had been.

I guess he'll be watching us all from afar now.

Goodnight Syd - see you on the "Dark Side..."

Edited by frobscottle

Partly wrong.

Type 1 isn't genetic, type 2 is. The risk of getting type 2 is 40% if either one of your parents have it, and 70% if both have it, so its possible even if both parents have it that you'll never have it.

You cant 'have diabetes' for a week, and then it disappears. If you have it, you have it. It's not the same as your bloodsugar getting temporarily up.

Absolutely devastated when i heard. The man was way ahead of his time, and though i'm more 70's Floyd, they could never attempt to write the pop songs such as See Emily Play like Syd did. For anyone who's seen the picture of him in 1975 when he turned up for the Wish You Were Here sessions it's quite haunting. It's weird he's died now because I was ratching thrugh websites dedicated to him only last week. Oh well...

REST IN PEACE SYD, THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION!