RIP Syd Barrett

stratomaster

i don't care for their music

Your choice - but is there any reason to post on threads that are dedicated to their founder member?

Don't go trying to cause upset - it's not big, and it aint clever.

If you don't like the music or the person, just keep schtum and post in a thread that does actually interest you.

Your choice - but is there any reason to post on threads that are dedicated to their founder member?

If you don't like the music or the person, just keep schtum and post in a thread that does actually interest you.

I'm not trying to piss anyone off.

I didn't think commenting on a guy you've never met would make you unhappy.

I don't know the person and didn't comment on him.

This is the correct place to discuss the band-the subject is Syd Barrett-Who was in Pink Floyd-Whose music I am commenting on.

Pink Floyd is boring and weak.

This is the correct place to discuss the band-the subject is Syd Barrett-Who was in Pink Floyd-Whose music I am commenting on.

Give me a good reason why they were 'boring and weak'. They were innovative, original, and important to so many people.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Then why post your negative opinions on Pink Floyd in every thread possible?

Give me a good reason why they were 'boring and weak'. They were innovative, original, and important to so many people.

One reason=my opinion.I could sit here and give a million reasons.but it would all boil down to opinion

Also on a different note, i love how a band like pink floyd is admired by millions and a awesome talented band like the cult is overlooked

Edited by Kefer

One reason=my opinion.I could sit here and give a million reasons.but it would all boil down to opinion

Not correct. There's always a reason why music is well-written and produced or not so. Your opinion may be that Prince sucks, but you can't possibly find me a very solid reason that he is a bad musician.

Not correct. There's always a reason why music is well-written and produced or not so. Your opinion may be that Prince sucks, but you can't possibly find me a very solid reason that he is a bad musician.

It's simply opinion. I don't like how something sounds then that is that.Pink Floyd is nothing more than decent. A band that would have been forgotten if they didn't have the stoner gimmick and the wizard of oz mystery. Their musical ability wasn't remotely groundbreaking.The songs all sound the same. The lead singer didn't do anything different with his voice to make a song more unique.The reason people still by their albums is because Classic Rock radio plays their tunes ad nauseum (along with the stones,lynyrd skynyrd).Without that push and middle aged men hyping it up the young kids wouldn't give a fuck about this band. I'm sure your response will be "NOO WAY FLOYD IS LIKE SO LIKE SO LIKE LIKE SO SO GOOD AND TALENTED." Just please don't bring up Prince again. put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Also on a different note, i love how a band like pink floyd is admired by millions and a awesome talented band like the cult is overlooked

Well, I think that Pink Floyd is much more talented and innovative than the Cult, but I do like the Cult as well. Anyway, it's the luck of the draw. I could tell you a nice long list of bands that are far more talented and original than a lot of crap out there, but still never made it out of small clubs, while the talentless ones sell 6 million of each of their records.

It's simply opinion. I don't like how something sounds then that is that.Pink Floyd is nothing more than decent. A band that would have been forgotten if they didn't have the stoner gimmick and the wizard of oz mystery. Their musical ability wasn't remotely groundbreaking.The songs all sound the same. The lead singer didn't do anything different with his voice to make a song more unique.The reason people still by their albums is because Classic Rock radio plays their tunes ad nauseum (along with the stones,lynyrd skynyrd).Without that push and middle aged men hyping it up the young kids wouldn't give a fuck about this band. I'm sure your response will be "NOO WAY FLOYD IS LIKE SO LIKE SO LIKE LIKE SO SO GOOD AND TALENTED." Just please don't bring up Prince again. put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Christ on a bloody bike!

When you're a tad older than your (very young) 23 years, come back and say that! Neh - I doubt you will!

By then, you'll have matured and have more of an understanding of music, and will look back and realise how pathetic your comments have actually been.

They are far beyond decent.

I would venture to say they are/were (whichever is most appropriate) one of the best ever. And by that I mean top 3.

I'll give you that it took me a long time to warm up to a lot of their stuff, though. I still can't get into a lot of their older stuff, but Dark Side through The Wall is absolute brilliance. And so is a lot of stuff both before and after that, as well as their solo careers.

So, now you're dissing Floyd & Prince?

All your points are invalid. They played everything from blues-rock to psychedelic alterna-rock. Prog-rock to straight up pop.

They are far beyond decent.

I enjoy "I Would Die 4 U"...As long as the windows are closed and there are no witnesses.

I DON'T LIKE PINK FLOYD! Just because you were tricked into liking it doesn't mean I was. The lyrics are as enjoyable as a wet fart.

Edited by Kefer

Does anyone know...

Was the band formed as "Pink Floyd" or as "The Pink Floyd"? Because I've heard it both ways, even from the band and people that worked closely with the band, such as the guy that filmed and edited "Live at Pompei." He calls them "The Pink Floyd."

Edited by DirtyDeeds